Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Second Life

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    I tried to download. My computa CRASHED!!!!

Me tinks my computa no can handle or my computa is telling me to stay away. I got enough to keep me busy.

So much for a Second Life.

I was looking forward to being a MAN!

Auntie Lynn
    No aunty... it's not your computer....
    It's god telling you that MUST stay at HT and your Blog Only!
    (ok...and google)

Hugs !

Comment

I'm reviving this thread because I am interested if anyone has looked into second life yet. Its been 2 years since the last post. It has now grown big enough that it is drawing the attention of colleges and educators. I have heard of some wonderful things being done in there - like creating a virtual biodome and a vitual Sistene Chapel where you can fly up to the ceiling and see Michelangelo's work up close. I have also heard some horror stories of trying to use second life as a learning environment. Apparently a group of students and prof were meeting in second life when an "outsider" came into the group and began shooting them all. As a result of this incident, and others apparently, schools having been buying up islands to keep out the riffraff. Which kind of defeats the purpose of creating a learning environment that is accessable to everyone.

I think this medium has wonderful potential, but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I am going to check it out now.

Comment

last I heard, it was struggling to make it...loosing to WOW. I am not 110% sure on this though, just remember an interview with the founder of SL on NPR.

people spending real money to have virtual lindenbucks, seems odd to me...
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

Working...
        X