General NFL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General NFL Thread

That's got to be the weirdest ending to a game I've ever seen...

Was vs. Dal...

And I lost it on my my pick ems

Comment

I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion about the "new tradition" of having three games on Thanksgiving. That would normally be cool, but the third game is Kansas City and Denver, and it's only on the NFL Network, which we don't get in Hawaii even if we're willing to pay for it.

What sucks, too, is that this is a game with serious playoff implications, a game that would almost certainly be one of the feature games on Sunday if it were scheduled on a regular weekend. With all the Broncos fans in Hawaii, I'm sure Oceanic has gotten tons of complaint calls and letters. I know a colleague of mine (Colorado-bred) has already complained twice.

Miami took care of Detroit, and I knew it would, but I never pick against Dallas or Detroit on Thanksgiving. They deserve to win. They should win.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I never understood why Detroit and Dallas always have a Thanksgiving day?

There is at least one person in Hawaii that is not a Broncos Fan ME!

Comment

NFL Network RULES !!! DISH Network RULES !!

If you are a football fan, and you don't have Dish Network or DirectTV yet, then I can only shake my head in disbelief of your claim to being a football fan.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            Miami took care of Detroit, and I knew it would, but I never pick against Dallas or Detroit on Thanksgiving. They deserve to win. They should win.
            Man..when was the last time Detroit actually won one of these Thanksgiving traditional games? It seems every year the Lions get their collective butts kicked by whatever team gets chosen for the honor of playing the Turkey Day Classic in Motown. The last one I recall the Lions winning was the Pittsburgh game (maybe 5 years ago) in which the refs blew the heads/tails call prior to overtime. It seems the Detroit franchise has defined the word "moribund" since Barry Sanders wen go holoholo for keeps.

Comment

Don't want to jinx anyone, but a certain lousy football team is up by 7 in the 4th quarter on the team in sole custody of first in the AFC West.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

That would blow me away if they beat the chargers!

Scriv - Down for throwing some bones?

I'm in the Radius room of Intermediate level...

(Will be playing a robot for the next little while... till you come in...then I'll boot him... you know my name.)

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  Don't want to jinx anyone, but a certain lousy football team is up by 7 in the 4th quarter on the team in sole custody of first in the AFC West.
                  You mean by one point, right? Oh, I mean, tied, right?

Comment

This is not a good year for me as a Steeler fan. I have been a fan for 20 years. We went from the Super Bowl to not even making the playoffs. We had control of a lot of games early in the season ,and blew them because of turnovers. I think that has come back to haunt us now.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Scott View Post
                      This is not a good year for me as a Steeler fan. I have been a fan for 20 years. We went from the Super Bowl to not even making the playoffs. We had control of a lot of games early in the season ,and blew them because of turnovers. I think that has come back to haunt us now.
                      Yeah, that sucks about the Steelers this year. Other than the Niners, they're my next favorite team. For as long as I can remember, my favorite player in the league has been Hines Ward, cuz he's super scrappy, is the toughest and best blocking WR in the league, and like me, is part Korean so I'm feeling that race bond (haha. My mom's Korean, like his)

Getting doughnutted in two games this year is pretty bad, but I think the season was cursed from the get-go. I mean, how many injuries has Big Ben had this year? First he had the motorcycle accident, and I thought it was a miracle that he made it to training camp with the injuries he sustained. Then he was sick with a 104 degree temperature. Then he had an appendectomy. Then after that, he got a concussion during a game. I mean, wtf? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to hear if he got stung in the chest by a stingray (RIP Steve). Of course, he'd prolly be playing the next weekend even if that were to happen. Guy must have the pain threshold of brick wall or something.

I think there's just an inevitable letdown after winning a championship, no matter how many players and coaches vow that they won't let that happen. Case in point: the Miami Heat are going thru the same struggles. Still yet, I can always cheer myself up by watching last years Super Bowl highlights. That gimmick play at midfield from Randel-El to Ward always puts a smile on my face. I still can't believe the Seahawks fell for that.

Comment

Wot da hell is with the Seahawks and the weather in Seattle this season - particularly weeknight home games? When the Packers were here, we got snow; tonight, extremely high winds (gusting around 60 mph) are predicted at game time. Auwe!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Wot da hell is with the Seahawks and the weather in Seattle this season - particularly weeknight home games? When the Packers were here, we got snow; tonight, extremely high winds (gusting around 60 mph) are predicted at game time. Auwe!
                          Yeah, last home game we played the "Snow Bowl", this afternoon, it's going to be the "Hurricane Bowl". You can tell a storm is approaching right now because it's quiet...way too quiet outside, although a couple of hours ago, the rain was coming down in buckets for a short period of time. Glad I don't have to be anywhere near Qwest Field today!

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            fyi info Leo...

The last two days here on Oahu have been windier then it has been in the last few years!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                              fyi info Leo...
                              The last two days here on Oahu have been windier then it has been in the last few years!
                              Probably the winds are trying to blow you to the library, so you can do non-internet research on Hawaiian constitutional history, for the UW Haka thread. (You must be wearing your "target" shirt again today, I can see it from here.) Thanks for the info info.

Is the globe spinning faster than usual?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                                Guess you don't remember the 40 days of rain we got earlier this year. It was just as, if not more, windy then as it has been this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X