General NFL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General NFL Thread

It wasn't pretty, but in this case a defeat (the 49ers) is as good as a win. The Seahawks will be going to the playoffs, despite all their attempts not to clinch the division title. Now if everybody could just stay healthy...

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      It wasn't pretty, but in this case a defeat (the 49ers) is as good as a win. The Seahawks will be going to the playoffs, despite all their attempts not to clinch the division title. Now if everybody could just stay healthy...

Miulang
      Another small "yay" for us and the 12th man. I didn't watch the Cowboys-Swahawks game last night, but I did see the last play where Romo muffed holding the ball for a field goal that would have won the game for the Cowboys. Poor guy. Oh well, we backed into another victory. Would be nice if we ended up playing the 'Aints next. The 'Hicks v. the 'Aints.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

So, the Eagles beat the Giants and the Patriots beat the NY Jets. I watched the Eagles v. Giants game... good on the Eagles offense to tie it up despite three consecutive penalties on the drive that found them at first down and thirty at one point, a pity the defense let the Giants drive all the way over and kill an almost certain chance at overtime.

So, what's next. Eagles vs. the Saints and Seahawks vs. the Bears in the NFC, Colts vs. the Ravens in the AFC. I'd love to see the Bears take the playoffs.

Comment

argh, argh, argh! I hope the Eagles can beat the Saints this time. They lost to them during the regular season, in N'arleans. Come on IGGLES!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

NFC

Seahawks over the Bears
            Saints over the Eagles

AFC

Chargers over Patriots
            Ravens over Colts
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
              NFC

Seahawks over the Bears
              Saints over the Eagles

AFC

Chargers over Patriots
              Ravens over Colts
              all due respect, I think the chargers' are overrated. their O consists of handing LT the ball, and the Pats' front 7 is a beast. rodney harrison won't be in the defensive secondary, but still...their corners can handle diego's wides, and rivers isn't really at his potential yet. Pats strangle the Chargers in this one.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

In regards to the NE-SD game: Dennis and Callahan, on their morning show yesterday, on WEEI 850 AM, (Boston's dominate sports-talk radio station), reported that any Pat fan, from outside the southern California area, who was going to try to go to the game in SD would not be able to purchase a ticket to the game through the normal channels the Chargers have available, such as Ticketmaster. Ticket sales to the game, according to D&C, are being limited only to those who possess charge cards that have southern California zip codes registered to them...sales to those who try to use a card registered to say, Bristol, RI, would not be honored. The "official" word is that the Chargers have this rule in effect not to prevent Pat fans from swarming en masse to San Diego, but rather, the rule has always been in effect..mainly to stop Raider Fan from making the trek down from the Bay when the Raiders are in San Diego...whether this is all an urban myth has yet to be determined. Any Raider fan know if this is perhaps a hoax being perpetrated by the D&C Morning Show in Boston? In any event, I'm curious just how the Pat fans I do know who are trying to get to the game will ultimately fare in their attempt to procure tickets to the game.

I'm glad UH doesn't have such a policy in effect when I'm buying tickets to their football games at etickethawaii.com!!

Comment

DAGNABBIT! How the hell can the 'Hicks lose by a field goal---again???! Methinks Holmgren is gonna have a serious talk with the Special Teams and with Matt Hasselbeck. And more than likely there will be plenty of current 'Hicks players who won't be wearing the steel blue uniforms next year.

I want the 'Aints to beat da Bears for the NFC championship! And then I want the "Aints to win the Stuperbowl, too, just for sentimental reasons.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                    DAGNABBIT! How the hell can the 'Hicks lose by a field goal---again???! Methinks Holmgren is gonna have a serious talk with the Special Teams and with Matt Hasselbeck. And more than likely there will be plenty of current 'Hicks players who won't be wearing the steel blue uniforms next year.

I want the 'Aints to beat da Bears for the NFC championship! And then I want the "Aints to win the Stuperbowl, too, just for sentimental reasons.

Miulang
                    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Holmgren's not back next year. super bowl appearance looks like a fluke, and making the post-season by default and an 8-8 record is not what he gets paid for.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                      argh, argh, argh! I hope the Eagles can beat the Saints this time. They lost to them during the regular season, in N'arleans. Come on IGGLES!
                      Well, I'm not going to have to stress out over the Super Bowl now, am I? Moving on...
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Two first round bye week teams got knock out of the playoffs. With the exception of the Colts/Ravens game, the rest was all won by 3 points. The 3 games was close with whom ever scores last would win. Great games this week.

Comment

This year's playoffs have exposed the true definition of parity in the NFL--watered-down talent.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                            Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Holmgren's not back next year. super bowl appearance looks like a fluke, and making the post-season by default and an 8-8 record is not what he gets paid for.
                            I'm not sure if you're stating this as just an opinion or if it's coming out of the Seattle camp, but imo, the only way Holmgren doesn't come back to coach the Hawks next year is by choice. His choice. Looking at recent history, Super Bowl participants don't usually do all that well the next year. And he did a pretty good job just getting them to the divisional game given the number of injuries to key players (Hasselbeck, Alexander, their whole defensive backfield) and the retirement of some players from last years SB team.

Good final four set for next week: Saints/Bears, Colts/Pats. I think it's fitting that the Colts will have to get past the Pats to reach the big one: it will really validate it if Peyton can finally get over the Belichick/Brady hurdle. I'm hoping for a Saints v Colts Superbowl. Last thing I want to see is the Pats win another Superbowl. Their fans are consistently the most drunk and obnoxious where I work, and I'm not looking forward to working that shift during next weeks game.

Also, it was surprising seeing LT go off a little at the end of the game, too. He pretty much called out the Pats and Belichick, saying they were classless for dancing on the Chargers logo and imitating Merrimans dance. Personally, I don't think it was that big of deal, but hey, his team just lost a heartbreaker, so don't blame him for getting a little huhu.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                              Also, it was surprising seeing LT go off a little at the end of the game, too. He pretty much called out the Pats and Belichick, saying they were classless for dancing on the Chargers logo and imitating Merrimans dance. Personally, I don't think it was that big of deal, but hey, his team just lost a heartbreaker, so don't blame him for getting a little huhu.
                              I hate when teams do that kind of stuff. It is classless. I'm surprised some of the Pats did it. The way to go is to simply shake hands at the end of the game and move on. No need for that dancing on the logo lunacy. Living here in NE, and seeing stories about the Pats 24/7, I really don't think Belichick would have approved of the gloating and in-your-face pilikia. What I thought what was particularly "good" during LT's rage after the game was overhearing one of his teammates say to him, during the ruckus "You're too good for that" (kind of nonsense). Well-said words by a cool-headed Charger, whoever he was.

Comment

Looks like Ashley's moving again -- this time to the Bay.
                                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                                We're not here to mess around
                                Boston, you know we love you madly
                                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                                You know we couldn't live without you
                                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                                X