General NFL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General NFL Thread

So we (the coaches) are trying to motivate these South Kona Pop Warner kids to have some intensity and some anger on the football field. South Kona is truly a nice place, and the kids have very little "angst" from which to draw up that brutality that is an essential ingredient in football.

I decide to run the ball a little right into them. Smacking into them at the line. Head down, buttin heads, letting them tackle me, and dishin out a few licks to some of my better players to give them a feel for intensity.

I am so damn sore this morning. My jaw hurts. My left thumb hurts. My thighs are burnin. Sure reminds me of the old times.

Gawd, I love football.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I remember back in my "playing days" of pop warner football...
      as part of the conditioning drills.... are coaches would try and play "keep away" with the football making us run from coach to coach until we caught up with them... If we caught up with them... we were allowed to tackle the coach...(pads and all... we were small... at least)

well one time one of the coaches through the ball to another coach...and the coach dropped the ball and by the time he was able to pick it up...he had a dogpile of about 20 kids all piled on top of him!!!!

That was the last time he tried that type of conditioning with us!

Comment

That's way cool, Manoa. I catch myself getting "caught up in the moment", and bringing all of me to the party at impact sometimes. Gotta remember these are kids, with 1-2 years experience. But it sure gets them fired up when they are t'ing off on the coach.

Age & Treachery will always win over Youth & Skill.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Indulge an Eagles Fan? I mean really? What the pho happened? FINE. MOCK ME. I will stay true to my team.

The Etownian
          Chronicles of Philadelphia Eagles fan on bad day
          Alexander Cole
          Sports Editor

A day in the life of an Eagles fan...

12:55 p.m. - Three out of four guys on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown show pick the Eagles to win. My confidence gets a little higher on the game today.

1:04 p.m. - David Akers starts a fight with the entire Giants sideline, only to have Giants kicker Jay Feely come to his rescue. What a great show of man love.

1:13 p.m. - Eli Manning drives down the field on his opening drive for a touchdown 7-0 Giants. How does Amani Toomer get open ? ever? We can't compete with the NFC East this year.

1:22 p.m. - Westbrook scores the game-tying touchdown, 7-7. Wow, our offense is so good. This game is going to be a shoot out and it's in the Eagles' favor.

1:48 p.m. - Donovan McNabb finds Donte''''' Stallworth in the end zone 14-7 Eagles. We can win! The analogy, Montana is to Rice as McNabb is to Stallworth, comes to mind. I check my fantasy football score because I have them both!

1:56 p.m. - Akers misses a field goal. Grrrr. At least he got in a fight. He is still the best kicker in the NFL.

And as they game wore on...

http://www.etownian.com/103/09.21/sp...onicles.of.asp
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            You can still join the NFL pickem contest at any time... as they are weekly standings also.
            Can someone point out where the Pickem thread is? I'm so lolo. No can find.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco
              Can someone point out where the Pickem thread is? I'm so lolo. No can find.

Marco;

Welcome the jungle!!!

You can find what you are looking for it in the "Pā‘ani" forum under "HawaiiThreads NFL Pick'em" thread.

Good Luck!!!!
              You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                Marco;

Welcome the jungle!!!

You can find what you are looking for it in the "Pā‘ani" forum under "HawaiiThreads NFL Pick'em" thread.

Good Luck!!!!
                Much Mahalos

Comment

REGIONAL COVERAGE WEEK 3

Here is what is going down in Seattle

Cincy at Pittsburgh
                  Chicago at Minn.

NY at Seattle

Is your coverage different?
                  You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                    REGIONAL COVERAGE WEEK 3

Here is what is going down in Seattle

Cincy at Pittsburgh
                    Chicago at Minn.

NY at Seattle

Is your coverage different?
                    Same games here in Hawaii

Comment

Damn the Seahawks are looking tough this year!

Comment

Damn the Seahawks are looking tough this year!
                        The last 2 years have been payback for being the laughingstock of the NFL since the beginning of the franchise. Haven't been to any games this year (would cost around $200 for one game for 2 people, if you counted in seats, parking and food) The last Seahawks game I saw live was the first preseason game against Arizona the year that Qwest Field opened 3 years ago. I think the Seahawks' luck changed when they changed the color of their home uniforms and Blitz was made to look meaner.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Is anyone blown away by Palama Kids pickem votes today?

He picked all away teams and ended up tied in a three way lead!

Congrats Palama Kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                            The last 2 years have been payback for being the laughingstock of the NFL since the beginning of the franchise. Haven't been to any games this year (would cost around $200 for one game for 2 people, if you counted in seats, parking and food) The last Seahawks game I saw live was the first preseason game against Arizona the year that Qwest Field opened 3 years ago. I think the Seahawks' luck changed when they changed the color of their home uniforms and Blitz was made to look meaner.

Miulang
                            well with that being said... I guess we can credit you Miulang for the turn around of the Hawks!

I thought the turning point was when they got their new field...and since you were at the preseason game that year...must have been because of you

Comment

well with that being said... I guess we can credit you Miulang for the turn around of the Hawks!

I thought the turning point was when they got their new field...and since you were at the preseason game that year...must have been because of you
                              We shoulda won more games when we played in the Kingdome! It used to be soooo loud in there when the crowds cheered that it was almost impossible for the visiting team to call audibles (and we cheered especially loudly when we played the Raiders and Broncos, but to no avail ). Now that Qwest Field doesn't have a roof, the decibel levels aren't as bad, although I hear that the NFL is mulling over allowing the league's QBs to have mics so they can be heard by their teammates! There goes our home field advantage...heheheheh.

Miulang
                              Last edited by Miulang; September 24, 2006, 06:45 PM.
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                                We shoulda won more games when we played in the Kingdome! It used to be soooo loud in there when the crowds cheered that it was almost impossible for the visiting team to call audibles (and we cheered especially loudly when we played the Raiders and Broncos, but to no avail ). Now that Qwest Field does have a roof, the decibel levels aren't as bad, although I hear that the NFL is mulling over allowing the league's QBs to have mics so they can be heard by their teammates! There goes our home field advantage...heheheheh.

Miulang
                                Here lies the problem with the kingdome...

Well at least the last time I went... the guys urinals!!!! was fricking terrible...

hard to explain them ...however, they looked like just a long line of tin half cut barrels...and when the guys went to the bathroom...sometimes like at halftime or high usage times.... there would be so many guys trying to crowd around the dang thing...that often times you would literally be touching others while doing your business...

I don't have that much doing my business...but when I'm "Squeezed" between two drunk guys at a football game to do my business...it's not the best of experiences.

But I have about a dozen good Kingdome memories.... one of them will stick in my head forever.... nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X