X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General NFL Thread

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    ugh! that's all I can say...

Why did I change my freaking New Orleans pick?

I lost both morning televised games!
    +1
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
      +1
      Now I really got to pray for my seahawks to lose tonight!

Dear NFL Gods....

I will not vote against my Seahawks again...I understand my punishment today by voting against them publicly.... Never again. Please NFL GODS give mercy on me Monday and Next week.

Manoa

Comment

That Niner/Chiefs score is a typo right?

Comment

Caught some of the Bears/Seahawks game on the big screen at 99 Ranch Market. Now, I know nothing about football, and know a lot of Seahawks fans, so in the real world would probably root for them. But, here at HawaiiThreads specifically, for no reason whatsoever, I've decided to always root for their opponents. Even so, I didn't expect it to go that badly for 'em.

I almost feel bad, but knowing that the Chicago Bears of all teams is, for now at least, the only unbeaten team this season (4-0), I gotta smile.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            Caught some of the Bears/Seahawks game on the big screen at 99 Ranch Market.
            Yup, those wheels fell off big time. Seattle never had a chance to build any momentum w/o a solid running game to keep the defense honest.

Back to the drawing board.

Comment

NFL Network

I had to register here just to let all you NFL fans know that you must get the NFL Network. I believe Oceanic Cable does NOT offer it here in Hawaii - I was told it costs too much per subscriber to offer it at the present time.

We live in a condo here in Salt Lake, Oahu, and the NFL Network is part of our basic package. We used to have Oceanic Cable but the association board changed to Aloha Satellites (part of the DISH Network) about 2 years ago. The NFL Network was added 6 months ago. Each unit pays just $22 for the entire cable package which includes the NFL Network, along with ESPN, ESPN News, ESPN 2, ESPN Classic, FSW, and other local and cable programming.

Anyway, getting back to the gist of this post: if you are a serious NFL fan, write to Oceanic Cable DEMANDING the NFL Network. Once you get it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Trust me.

Comment

Re: NFL Network

Originally posted by nfl4evah View Post
                I had to register here just to let all you NFL fans know that you must get the NFL Network. I believe Oceanic Cable does NOT offer it here in Hawaii - I was told it costs too much per subscriber to offer it at the present time.

We live in a condo here in Salt Lake, Oahu, and the NFL Network is part of our basic package. We used to have Oceanic Cable but the association board changed to Aloha Satellites (part of the DISH Network) about 2 years ago. The NFL Network was added 6 months ago. Each unit pays just $22 for the entire cable package which includes the NFL Network, along with ESPN, ESPN News, ESPN 2, ESPN Classic, FSW, and other local and cable programming.

Anyway, getting back to the gist of this post: if you are a serious NFL fan, write to Oceanic Cable DEMANDING the NFL Network. Once you get it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Trust me.
                I've been nagging Oceanic for the past year about getting NFL Network. So far, no go.

I thought about changing to Aloha Satellites, but seems too humbug to change cable companies just to get NFL Network. Besides, my kids and wife already have their shows/channels set with Oceanic, and they wouldn't be happy about it.

Surprised at a lot of yesterdays games: didn't think the Niners, Bengals, Seahawks would get blown out like they did. Chicago is one scary ass team. They might have their first legit QB in the history of their franchise. Combine an above-average offense with a killa D, and it's got all the recipes for a SB trip.

Comment

Re: Week 5 Games

I am especially looking forward to next Monday Night's Baltimore Ravens-Denver Broncos game. Although I am a Bronco fan, the Ravens have always given them trouble. Look for the Ravens to remain unbeaten at 5-0, as should the Indianapolis Colts against the Tennessee Titans.

Comment

Hey Nacho... how you doing up there in Washington???

Feeling like a "Navy Squid"

I'm gonna hate it when you beat me one week!

Wasn't this just a terrible week for picks in general though?
                    Scriveners not gonna say that... but for the rest of us seemed to do pretty poorly....

I mean when Susie from France and the Random generator beats us.... We suck!

Comment

In regards to NFL Network, some of you my be interested in this site NFL Get Real

Evidently the NFL wants Time Warner to pony up 137 million
                      to televise 8 NFL games. Worse yet :

"The NFL Network wants all Time Warner Cable customers to pay a price that is greater than some of the most popular cable networks."
                      "The NFL Network is not one of the top 25 cable networks, according to independent cable ratings systems. "

Lastly, it is my understanding channel carriage agreements are hammered
                      out on the mainland. Oceanic has very little, if any control of channels being
                      carried.
                      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

As requested.........

Comment

I got the Dish Network, and NFL channel is just awesome. Games all day all night with tons of interviews, live stuff, training camp, pre-season, you name it. They even got a cheerleader contest. Oh Yeah !!
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

All I know is I love the NFL Network. If my condo association were to drop Aloha Satellites and thereby the NFL Network, I would sell this place. I would move to a single family home where I could pay for my DISH Network, thereby getting the NFL Network. Life for me wouldn't be the same without it. It's my favorite channel.

Comment

play in HT's pickem here: http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...532#post106532

Comment

Are the Bears unstoppable?

Comment

Working...
                                X