Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General NFL Thread

That's cute...

I can't wait till my son actually knows why daddy's yelling at the TV.

Can you say Perfect Pickems 3 times fast?

Comment

As Requested.
      You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Your a man of your word Nacho...

Dang this week was good for me!

No losses on the day! never did that before!
        Last edited by damontucker; October 8, 2006, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          Dallas and Philadelphia tied at 24 with 11 minutes left in the 4th. My older kids (4 and 8) are actually watching and rooting for opposing teams.
          I'm just going to go ahead and assume that you were rooting for the Iggles, pz. If you're a Dallas fan, it'll break my heart.
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
            I'm just going to go ahead and assume that you were rooting for the Iggles, pz. If you're a Dallas fan, it'll break my heart.
            As I've mentioned, I know about as much about sports as I do quantum mechanics, and root for various teams on pure random whim. I came in backing the Eagles just 'cause of all the hype over Owens.

I gotta admit, though, I felt for Dallas, and thought they were about to pull out a miracle despite themselves ... only to get doubly-smashed by Philadelphia in that last 102-yard touchdown. Them's the breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
              As I've mentioned, I know about as much about sports as I do quantum mechanics, and root for various teams on pure random whim. I came in backing the Eagles just 'cause of all the hype over Owens.
              Hey, any reason to back the Iggles is a good reason.
              Don't be mean,
              try to help.

Comment

a $25.00 gift certifcate and/or cashiers check to anyone including mainland participants is STILL up for grabs in the weekly competition of HT's NFL pickem thread.

With 5 weeks played.... we have 5 seperate winners.... any one starting now still has an equal chance with 11 games left to win this prize!

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=10097

who know's there might even be other prizes too?

Comment

ESPN just came out with their power rankings:
                  1 Da Bears
                  2 Colts
                  3 Broncos
                  4 Eagles
                  5 Chargers

Rankings are kind of silly, but still good fun. Mine would be:
                  1 Bears - the only powerhouse right now. Never thought Grossman was that good, but he's changing my mind. Him and Berrian have choke chemistry.
                  2 Broncos - beat the Pats in Foxboro and the Ravens last Monday. Their defense is SuperBowl-caliber. Shanahan just has to hope that Jake doesn't blow games for them, come January.
                  3 Eagles - I'm happy for McNabb after that whole TO fiasco last year. He's lighting it up. I'm also bummed I didn't get him in any of my fantasy football leagues.
                  4 Colts - they're run defense is so bad I feel like I could put on some pads and gain 100+ yards on them. Nah, not really, but seems like they're giving up 200+yards a game to just about anyone. They're 5-0 record is a little misleading.
                  5 Chargers - I watched Rivers for the first time last week, and liked what I saw. 4 games isn't enough of a sample size to be sure, but Chargers look good with their D and LT. The only thing stopping them is Marty being Marty.

My Niners are listed at 22 on ESPN. Can't argue with that. Of course the Raiders are last. I was debating with my buddies yesterday whether the Raider might go 0-16. The only games they might win are: Houston, Jets, Arizona. They have a shot at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                    I was debating with my buddies yesterday whether the Raider might go 0-16. The only games they might win are: Houston, Jets, Arizona. They have a shot at it.
                    Please Raiders, you gotta win at least one just to spite Jim Rome.

I'm sure Rome has to be poking fun at Raider Nation about right now. I avoid listening to him when possible, so I'm clueless as to what the subjects of his recent topics are, but I do remember back in around '99 or '00, the San Diego Chargers were in the midst of a terrible season and there was a real possibility that the Bolts were going to go 0-16. Rome was urging the Chargers to go for football immortality by going winless that season. By doing so, they'd be just as immortal as the '72 Miami Dolphins. That repeating act by Rome got tiresome quickly...fortunately San Diego did win a game, much to Rome's displeasure.

Knowing what I do about Rome, and how he basically rehashes the same old smack talk over and over, with nothing really new to offer of late (if ever) to his listeners, I'm betting Rome is reprising the role of antagonist, this time with the Raider Nation, and is having quite a laugh at their expense. Like Scrivener said, laugh all you want, but come April '07, the Raiders are picking first in NYC at the draft.

Again Raiders, just to spite Rome...please win a game!!

Comment

• Re: General NFL Thread

ESPN just came out with their power rankings:
                      1 Da Bears
                      2 Colts
                      3 Broncos
                      4 Eagles
                      5 Chargers

Rankings are kind of silly, but still good fun. Mine would be:
                      1 Bears
                      2 Broncos
                      3 Eagles
                      4 Colts
                      5 Chargers
                      1. Bears 2. Seahawks 3. Chargers 4. Denver 5. Eagles
                      Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
                      Please Raiders, you gotta win at least one just to spite Jim Rome.... Again Raiders, just to spite Rome...please win a game!!
                      For all the years the Raiders would dominate Seattle... I sure am enjoying the Raiders season this year

Comment

I was debating with my buddies yesterday whether the Raider might go 0-16. The only games they might win are: Houston, Jets, Arizona. They have a shot at it.
                        Nobody goes 0-16. Nobody goes 1-16. The Raiders, just because of history, have to win at least two games, and they'll probably be games against division rivals, because you never know what's going to happen in those games against KC, San Diego, and Denver. Just remember that I said it here first.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Isn't it lost for the Raiders already... shouldn't true Raider fans be hoping for the #1 Draft pick next year

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
                            Please Raiders, you gotta win at least one just to spite Jim Rome.
                            Yeah, I agree. Rome blows. I stopped listening to him when I was 16. Doesn't matter if the Raiders win one, though. He'll just find something else to rant about, then conveniently forget his own assertions when they're proved wrong. Why this guy and Steven A Smith are given their own sports shows is beyond me.

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                            Nobody goes 0-16. Nobody goes 1-16. The Raiders, just because of history, have to win at least two games, and they'll probably be games against division rivals, because you never know what's going to happen in those games against KC, San Diego, and Denver. Just remember that I said it here first.
                            I dunno. Just because it's never happened in NFL history doesn't mean it can't happen. Case in point: no team had ever come back from being down 3-0 in the MLB playoffs two years ago, and the Red Sox won 4 straight, then went on to sweep the World Series.

It's doubtful that it'll happen, but it can happen. And the Raiders seem to suck enough to make it happen. We'll see.

As for getting the first pick, they could get Brady Quinn if they get it. Then again, they could've chosen Leinart or Cutler last year but didn't, so who knows what they'll do with it if they get it. Draft a long-snapper, maybe? j/k

Comment

Shaun won't be playing in this week's game against the Rams. His cracked foot is healing, but Coach Holmgren wants him healthy for the game against the Vikings on Oct. 22.

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Alexander being out...and the Bears being so strong... was the ONLY reason why I picked Chicago over the Seahawks that week.

It's Seattle the rest of the way for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X