No announcement yet.

UH-Manoa vs. Utah State, November 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to the Warriors and all, but why do they complain about lack of exposure to a majority of the country, but keep accepting a not-so-prestigious bowl like the Hawaii Bowl? I know it keeps the costs down for the school, but I think that at some point, Hawaii needs to flaunt their wares.

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
    Even though Colt is not a "local boy" he is the best QB in my opinion that UH has ever had.
    Don't forget John Hao, Glenn Freitas, Johnny Macon, and Ken Niumatalolo!
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      Congrats to the Warriors and all, but why do they complain about lack of exposure to a majority of the country, but keep accepting a not-so-prestigious bowl like the Hawaii Bowl? I know it keeps the costs down for the school, but I think that at some point, Hawaii needs to flaunt their wares.
      I think the same way... however, I think it boils down to economics.

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
      Don't forget John Hao, Glenn Freitas, Johnny Macon, and Ken Niumatalolo!
      They were good... However I don't think any of them are as good as Colt

Comment

Re: UH-Manoa vs. Utah State, November 4

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        They were good... However I don't think any of them are as good as Colt
        haha...be honest...they blew! I'm an alum of Manoa, but I never supported the Warrior football team. This year, I admit I'm a closet fan (if that's not an oxymoron).

flickr

Comment

Amen. My thought exactly...this was the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw UH accepted an invite to go to the Hawaii Bowl. I think the Bows are looking really good this year, and inasmuch as the Hawaii Bowl needs the Warriors to exist, I'm thinking that the Warriors are too good this year NOT to be playing in a bigger bowl on the mainland. If the Warriors knock-off Purdue and Oregon State, and do so in the manner they have been trouncing their opponents this year, (as well as playing Bama down to the last play in their house), I'd think it would be a disservice to all college football fans nationwide to keep this high-powered offensive team sequestered in Hawaii Bowl. The Hawaii Bowl is a good fit for the Warriors when they are merely bowl eliglible, but when they are as good as I think they are this year, I'm thinking they should be able to seek an invite to bigger pay-out bowl with greater national exposure.

I mua, Na Koa!

Comment

Well the AP rankings came out and we only got 11 votes and Oregon State got 33... so When we beat Oregon State... that should give us those 33 votes! And hopefully we can continue to pile on the points.

Heisman for Colt?

Didn't crack the top 25 yet... but if we win out the season we definately should be mathematically in there.

Comment

Heisman for Colt?
              Not a chance. Hawaii's got a cake schedule. Next year's schedule doesn't look too strong either, but if Hawaii can run the table next year, his name will be mentioned in Heisman conversations, but he still won't touch the trophy.

flickr

Comment

Not a chance. Hawaii's got a cake schedule. Next year's schedule doesn't look too strong either, but if Hawaii can run the table next year, his name will be mentioned in Heisman conversations, but he still won't touch the trophy.
                He’s already been mentioned, Mike. He’s already ahead of six players in the Heisman race, according to ESPN. Try to keep up.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Thanks TuNnL, but personally I don't think ESPN's "experts" carry too much weight--especially Mel Kiper, Jr., Corso, and Herbstreit. They've been wrong on most of their analysis in the past few years. Plus, that Heisman discussion thing looks like it's just ESPN analysts opinions--which are usually slanted. But I digress.

flickr

Comment

USA today Ranks Colt 11th in the Heisman Watch
                    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ll/heisman.htm
                    Athlon Sports puts him at 4th
                    http://www.athlonsports.com/college-...-heisman-watch
                    Foxsports puts him at 8th (preseason had him at 42nd)
                    http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5746512
                    Sportsline puts him at overall concensus at 4th:
                    http://sportsline.com/collegefootball/heisman (Two of the writers have him as high as 3rd)

So yes...there is definately talks out there about Colt possibly winning.

I think he will have a much better shot if he sticks around next year though.
                    This is his "Spread the word year" Next year it's Colt for Heisman Buttons!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      I would like to see the Rainbows play the Cardinal, because I detest Stanford athletics.
                      Did anyone see the Leahey Leahey show the other day?

in the background on the refridgerater.... it was spelled out in those little kids magnetic letters that stick to the fridge...

"PRAY UCLA"

Too funny... but a nice little subliminal message being sent out there that they want UCLA in the Holiday Bowl.

Comment

Did anyone see the Leahey Leahey show the other day?

in the background on the refridgerater.... it was spelled out in those little kids magnetic letters that stick to the fridge...

"PRAY UCLA"

Too funny... but a nice little subliminal message being sent out there that they want UCLA in the Holiday Bowl.
                        I'm more of a Bruin fan than anything, but it would be a travesty if they got into the Holiday Bowl. It's one of the better bowl games out there, and UCLA's been muy schizophrenic this year--hence their 5-5 record. ASU, WSU, or Or St. deserve to be in it before UCLA, IMO.

flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X