Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Predictions: UH vs. Purdue

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    I am a frequent checker of the ESPN scoreboard on Saturdays, since I won't pay those ridiculous pay-per-view prices. The front page features the big games: The top 25 and a few other serious matchups. Finding the 'Bows score usually means hitting the menu and choosing the WAC scoreboard.

It's so cool to see them right there on the front page today.
    I made that same comment to my wife earlier today...

It's kind of infrequent that we get to see that. Let's hope we can move into the top 20!

Comment

Does anyone have footage of the marching band from this year?
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Were down by 1 with 7:19 in the 4th...28-27

Football Gods... I'm Praying for the the Warriors! Please listen!

Comment

Dey need a Field Goal or a Hail Mary!

God bless them ALL!

In Jesus name...Amen!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

We Won!!!!

Comment

I knew it! UH wasn't gonna beat the spread!
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

They WON!

Miracles do HAPPEN! You just gotta BELIEVE!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

It wasn't quite a miracle... it was a well played ball game by both teams and you got to give Purdue some credit for hanging with the Warriors!

OSU your next...Predictions?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                    It wasn't quite a miracle... it was a well played ball game by both teams and you got to give Purdue some credit for hanging with the Warriors!
                    Agreed! Hats off to both teams for playing tough until the last down. Screw Purdue’s so-called “poor defense ranking.” They came up with some big-time picks! Oh, and Mike...
                    Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                    Hawaii's first venture into the polls in a longtime will be short-lived, and Purdue will beat its first ranked opponent of the season. Purdue over Hawaii, 28-24.
                    You’re now 0-2 in UH game predictions. Time to stop hating and start believing?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post

OSU your next...Predictions?
                      Post #56 in The Odda Thread: "Football Fans please take a moment to spend the next 5 minutes praying for UH.

Were down by 1 with 7:00 to go in the game"

Next time no cry out for "PRAYERS!"

Da nerve!

Back on Ignore!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

well wasn't quite the blowout I expected but it does look like the high powered offense was able to move the ball with ease. what is nice is that we made a lot of mistakes and were still able to pull out the game. the game easily could have been 28-0 in the first half.

and we moved up a spot to 24 in the AP

Comment

I was hoping for a blowout, too, but I'll settle for a hard-won win. We were behind until late, and we didn't know they'd turned it around until all our neighbors started shrieking. Good going, 'Bows. Purdue will definitely not be in a hurry to return.

Comment

Highlight for me being at the game last night was right after UH tied the game at 35. Colt Brennan saw himself on the stadium jumbotron and looked straight at the camera, jumped up and down and totally pumped the stadium up even more. It was like being at a concert in Halawa last night. Glad to see the large, loud crowd. but the not the accompanying traffice jams.) Fun time last night!

Comment

I have absolutely no business posting anything in this thread but, well, that hasn't stopped me before!

I admit I know nothing of a university athletic department's financial arrangements. But, after reading this:
                              "Tiller said, "You come back from the trip and you don't have any financial consideration that maybe would help your football program. Our locker room needs to be redone. The floor of our weight room is disintegrating in front of our eyes. It would be nice to have some money to do something like that from this game. None of that will take place."
                              ...I'm now wondering why this financial situation is the opposing teams responsibility. Is the home team supposed to financially support the visiting team? Do the Warriors return from a road game with a positive cash flow for the UH athletic dept.? What's the risk factor that separates positive from negative "financial consideration"? Someone please enlighten me!

Comment

The Purdue coach was talking about how his football team could always use some money for improvements to his own team's facilities (he's not commenting on the condition of the visitors' accomodations at Aloha Stadium). His team's share of the money for the game in Hawaii does not make up for the cost of flying here and staying here, he claims. Usually, if I understand correctly, the home team takes most of the money but the visitors get a cut.

This is why the NCAA has a "Hawaii exemption" in its by-laws. If a team travels to Hawaii to play, that game doesn't count against the maximum number of games the team is allowed to play. There's talk every so often about getting rid of the exemption, but without it, Hawaii would have a very difficult time luring teams over here.
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X