Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [UH Football] Another day passed...

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
    Most football schedules are finalized two or three seasons in advance.
    I don't think this is true. Yes, most of the games for most schedules are set two or three seasons in advance, but finalized?

I'm not a fan of Frazer myself, but how do you know he's lazy? Maybe he just sucks.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      I'm not a fan of Frazer myself, but how do you know he's lazy? Maybe he just sucks.
      Lazy or just plain sucks? Which is the lesser of two vices?
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

They're both bad; I just don't like accusing a man of being lazy if there's nothing to back that up. I sell puzzles to a local newspaper and am supposed to submit them a few weeks before their intended publication. A few times, I've been VERY late, and once I even missed the publication deadline and the paper ran without a new puzzle.

Was I negligent? Absolutely. Was I lazy? Heck no. I worked like crazy to get that thing done and I don't mean just when it got close to deadline. Sometimes circumstances we can't control (and others are unaware of) cause us to do our jobs poorly; it doesn't mean it's because we're lazy.

If this football scheduling mess-up is because Frazer is lazy, we should call it that, but what I'm asking is how we know it's laziness.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

He procrastinated in getting contracts signed for with those schools he thought he "had in the bag." For all the rhetoric spewed, he didn't come through.

In my mind, PROCRASTINATION = LAZINESS. Particularly when football is the ONLY sport in which he's responsible for the schedule. He didn't pay enough attention to getting it completed in a timely manner.

Now, he's banking on the "lucrative" ($700K) offer on the table to a couple of 1-A schools. Even if he gets lucky in booking one of them, he's still not "off the hook." This purported offer will cripple the budget - it's more than the reported $150K for 1-AA Northern Colorado and the deal which brings in Washington. The deficit could be immense, far surpassing (in the other direction) the $7K gain he claimed for the previous fiscal year.

Comment

If this football scheduling mess-up is because Frazer is lazy, we should call it that, but what I'm asking is how we know it's laziness.
            Frankly, I don't know whether it's laziness or lacking the savvy to entice the other school to set a scheduled game date with UH. If it's the latter, I'd offer him a chair at my poker table.

Is this going to be the norm? Setting up the schedule for the following year, not two or three seasons in advance?

Comment

Re: UH Football: Another day passed...

LAZINESS, INCOMPETENCE, DERELICTION OF DUTY: bottom-line, what does it matter? They're all reason enough for dismissal or termination.

Comment

the AD needs to be more "humble", don't give anymore bs excuses; if cannot get the schools to play Hawaii be truthful; and definetly plan way AHEAD!!!

takakomay

Comment

And how long has Mr. Frazier been an UH AD?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                    And how long has Mr. Frazier been an UH AD?
                    He's coming up on FIVE years as of August 1.

Comment

You have now misspelled Herman Frazier’s name twice, scrivener. We have had brunch together, so you know I mean you no disrespect when I say: as a teacher, I would appreciate it if you would do whatever research you need to, to get it right. Poor spelling is one of my pet peeves, and yes, I still have my trophy for third place in the Niu Valley Middle School spelling bee.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

When someone mispells another's name that means they don't care much. In this case it's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                          He's coming up on FIVE years as of August 1.
                          Year 5. So, when he started at Year 1, he have been able to make the game schedules two years in advance, or was he simply honoring the work of the previous AD?

Comment

Frazier just extended his self-imposed deadline again, by another two days... says he'll have an answer on Friday, now.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              Frazier just extended his self-imposed deadline again, by another two days... says he'll have an answer on Friday, now.
                              Why bother sending reporters out to him?

Comment

And I was right.

The drama is over. We got a 12-game schedule. No 13th opposing team.

They're scared of us now.

UH shouldn't take this lying down. Just beat their scheduled opponents like they're BCS-quality opponents. I don't care if we went into triple-digit scores. Just beat them like there is no mercy.

Comment

Working...
                                X