No announcement yet.

Pop Wahnah Foooootball season is hea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pop Wahnah Foooootball season is hea!

Tim, that is most likely the smartest thing I've ever heard (read) you say. Awesome.

My husband never did play football, although all of his brothers did. It was my son's request, as it has been every year, to play football. I have felt and voiced every possible concern (pilau parents! pilau coaches! pilau kids! No way, not *my* son!) but I can honestly say that PWF is a very disciplines program, details, rules and regs up the yang and the positive coaching aspect has much to mahalo. I think in my boy's case, as he is the only son and youngest child in my brood, I can dig it why he loves football the way he does. Its his moke training, his male bonding, his time to make loud and low gutteral noises and walk funny and wear really important life-saving clothing, and learn that what you do out on that field translates to all of those guys depend on you and you on them.

the most fun thing to watch is when father and son wrestle in the front yard and how good the boy is getting at taking his daddy down and how good the daddy is at respecting his son's budding prowess and pride. I just smile and shake my head from the window.

I read somewhere that a solid 1/2 of all CEOs on the Forbes or Fortune 500 list played football in either high school or college, but I am having tough luck at googling it up.

pax

Comment

Re: Pop Wahnah Foooootball season is hea!

I read that Forbes 500 blurb also. Though I recall that the number is 80%.

I got some darn good coaching along the way. That's the lucky part.

I had a girl on my team last year. She kicks butt. Might play again this year too. She was a 2 way starter, with a great attitude and work ethic. I think she even went States in paddling too. Good little athlete. My daughter wants to help me coach instead of being a cheerleader this coming year. I'm okay with that too. She knows more about the sport at 6 than many adults.

As far as nepotism, I've seen it here. But you see it in every aspect of Island life, from government on down. Keeping one's mouth shut is considered a virtue in Hawaii. Guess I never learned that lesson.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
      X