Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vick and his dogs

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    Duh, our society WOULD condone this treatment of humans to humans.

Ever heard of Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini?

But don't worry. It's more fun to squash other cultures.
    You're over-generalizing with Mancini, who killed his opponent Kim in the boxing ring. Mancini was never the same after that.

You might as well throw in Emile Griffith, too.

Comment

Just lock Vick up ASAP and the dogs? well, anyone willing to accept them does accept an unknown amount of liability. I love animals and am so sorry for the dogs, PETA is known for hypocrisies and no, I didn't memorize them but have read of a few, but about the animals...what to do? reportedly, Vick was abusive even when the dogs weren't fighting. Seems putting them down is the safest thing.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

OP, forgive me for being blunt, but I was merely pointing out glossyp's failure to grasp logic or reality. Seems to be an epidemic.

Horse racing, dog fighting, chicken fighting, dog racing, boxing, UFC, even Football falls into this category. Blood sports are blood sports. When you start to split hairs, you give yourself the moral space to pinch on other cultures without guilt.

Squash cultures. It's very popular these days.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I don't even approve of horse racing. They race them too young, and push them too hard and it's unnatural. A horse can run, it's good exercise but not on a manmade track.

Wasn't Barbaros raced much too young, and that's why it broke a leg?
          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Try to tell an Indian, chasing a buffalo, that horse racing is unnatural.
            Try to talk like that at the Kentucky Derby. Or the Annual Penngrove Fire Department Horse Meat bbq.

It's cool that you would squash cultural pursuits. Most excellent!! Based on that small bit of knowledge, I would guess you may lean to the left, politically speaking.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
              OP, forgive me for being blunt, but I was merely pointing out glossyp's failure to grasp logic or reality. Seems to be an epidemic.

Horse racing, dog fighting, chicken fighting, dog racing, boxing, UFC, even Football falls into this category. Blood sports are blood sports. When you start to split hairs, you give yourself the moral space to pinch on other cultures without guilt.

Squash cultures. It's very popular these days.
              You obviously failed to read my post (#23) in which I stated the following: "For the purposes of this post let us presume that animal fighting in all of its forms is viewed differently by various cultures with some finding the fighting of particular animals acceptable. This post is not about whether fighting animals is good. The point I want to make is about Vick himself. I would imagine that there are many people who breed, raise and manage fighting animals who would never dream of drowning, electrocuting, strangling and torturing them. The behavior of Vick (and his crew) was that of a sociopath and what he did to the dogs deliberately and with apparent pleasure is what really disturbs me about this matter. The man is sick and he should be treated the same way he treated the dogs."

And I would emphasize that what Vick did to the dogs outside of the fighting ring is sick. Two adult men getting into a boxing ring is vastly different from Michael Vick taking a dog and skinning it alive for fun. Of course, if you want to see that as one and the same thing, well, not much else can be said.

Comment

<apologies to glossy for not reading #23>

So maybe the DEGREE of cruelty is the crux of the issue. Got it.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

A long time ago my horse broke its leg.
                  I was told that I had to shoot the horse.
                  Dunno why.
                  Now I had a horse with a broken leg and a gunshot wound!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Good talent, pissed away...seems to be same ol, same ol. The article might get a rise, but bottom line for me, it all seems so ignorant.

I have personally done work for both brothers, Mike, was keen, and real sharp, his brother Markus, opposite. Stole the tip jar off of a banquet function we had for VT.

Racing is one thing, pitting an animal against another to fight to death is quite different...this is 2007 AD, not 07 BC. To each there own, but to me, that sort of activity is kind of like playing God, such an animal should NOT be the brunt of a cruel fascination.

just my $.02
                    flickr

An email from God:
                    To: People of Earth
                    Date: 9/04/2007
                    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      A long time ago my horse broke its leg.
                      I was told that I had to shoot the horse.
                      Dunno why.
                      Now I had a horse with a broken leg and a gunshot wound!

You have lousy aim.

Perfect for HPD's SWAT Unit.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                        this is 2007 AD, not 07 BC.
                        Ah, how I wish for the good ol' days.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

In a press conference this morning after he pleaded guilty to federal dogfighting charges, Michael Vick said:

"I was ashamed and totally disappointed in myself, to say the least. . . . I totally ask for forgiveness and understanding as I move forward to bettering Michael Vick the person, not the football player," he said.

Vick also several times said he blamed no one else for his predicament. "I made a mistake in using bad judgment and making bad decisions," he said.

..."If I'm more disappointed with myself than anything, it's because all the young people, young kids that I've let down, who look at Michael Vick as a role model."...
                          Well duh. Perhaps he should have thought of these things BEFORE he got into the dogfighting business? Hopefully he really is remorseful and can use the time in prison to truly find himself and emerge a stronger person for it.

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            "Miami" is a culture? Man, I need to travel more...
                            Greyhound racing began as a sport for the noblesse oblige in England in the year 1014. Greyhound track racing is an American sport, invented in 1919.

Greyhound racing in England was first established for the English nobility and could not be enjoyed by other citizens. In 1014 King Canute of England enacted the Forest Laws, which stated that only noblemen could own and hunt with greyhounds. ...

Greyhound track racing dates back to 1919 when Owen Patrick Smith promoted the first major race meeting in California.

O. P. Smith, invented the revolutionary mechanical lure circa 1912 that could travel around a circular track that made dog racing possible. His research into forcing the dogs round a track hit on the idea of getting them to chase a rabbit. His experiments included dragging a stuffed one around a track behind a motorcycle. He is considered the 'father' of American greyhound racing.

The sport did not reach British shores until 1926 when Manchester's purpose-built track first held a meeting on 24th July. It was such a success that more race tracks were built around the country and today Greyhound racing is a major sport event in the UK.
                            Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Today's Celebrities...sports, music, acting....don't care about their influence on their fans. It's kinda sad, and irresponsible, in my opinion. I know alot of people disagree with me on this.
                              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                                Today's Celebrities...sports, music, acting....don't care about their influence on their fans. It's kinda sad, and irresponsible, in my opinion. I know alot of people disagree with me on this.
                                I am not one of them. I agree with you! I'm worse than you are, Tikiyaki, trust me. It is unfortunate that someone like this idiot has become a role model to anyone.

But, maybe he can still be a good role model... by showing young people what it's like to be in prison and share with them all about what happens to you when you're a sick, conscienceless, slimebag!

Yes, I am very angry. Sick &*!#$! No, I wasn't trying to avoid the profanity radar, I just can't think of a word strong enough to convey my sentiments.
                                Aloha,
                                Evelyn
                                Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Working...
                                X