X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UH Warriors vs. Idaho Vandals

Originally posted by Random View Post
    What ... the hell ... happened???

The defense were crumbling in the second half.

Colt threw a possibly record-high 5 interceptions.

And they didn't even break the 50-point barrier.
    Game did not look pretty at all in the 2nd half. But it was a road game. With all the upsets in the top 10, I don't think UH's national ranking will be hurt.

But Colt's Heisman chances,.... well, let's just say those 5 INTs won't be helping him any.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      I'll trade you Jim Leahy (on PPV) for Kekaula and Curran. With his endless mistakes, it's time for Leahy to consider retirement.
      Bring back Les Keiter!
      For some reason, he irked me today too. He keeps calling Ryan Grice-Mullin, Ryan Grice-Mullins.

Yes a small thing but it's got to be irritating to have your name mispronounced every few minutes on tv. It's not like he's an unknown also. He'd the #1 or #2 receiver on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
        For some reason, he irked me today too. He keeps calling Ryan Grice-Mullin, Ryan Grice-Mullins.

Yes a small thing but it's got to be irritating to have your name mispronounced every few minutes on tv. It's not like he's an unknown also. He'd the #1 or #2 receiver on the team.
        It's GRICE-MULLEN, but when he first got here, he was incorrectly identified as GRICE-MULLINS.

Comment

#1. I agree that Jones should have taken Brennan out earlier. It’s obvious the ankle was more and more of a problem as the game progressed.

#2. If Idaho’s running back Deonte Jackson was full-strength, this would have been a very different game. The UH defense contained the run, because the Vandals’ key threat played hurt and sparingly.

#3. If Brennan plays like this against Utah State next week, his Heisman hopes are all but finished.

#4. It was an ugly win, but Hawai‘i beat the spread, and Top 25 upsets galore assure the Warriors will surely retain their ranking, and perhaps move up a spot.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
            Hawaii should go up by 1 or 2 spots.
            You called it, Mike. Well done. We're now #16 in the AP poll, and #15 in the Coaches poll from USA Today!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

If anyone wants to watch (or rewatch) the game, it's on right now (10am Sunday) on K5 (the home team).

Oh gosh, Idaho's Kibbie Dome does indeed look like an aircraft carrier hangar.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                It's GRICE-MULLEN, but when he first got here, he was incorrectly identified as GRICE-MULLINS.
                I recall hearing about that last year. What Leahy doesn't watch the news?

In fact, wasn't it the tv announcers that incorrectly id'd him as GRICE MULLINS?

He's a pro, he should get it right. The guy is a starter and on our team. Sheesh.

Maybe I'm still in a nitpicky mood since the Stillers lost today.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                  In fact, wasn't it the tv announcers that incorrectly id'd him as GRICE MULLINS?
                  If I didn't have a roster print-out, I'd probably be calling him, "Ryan Bryce Mullens" (no hyphen).

There were also a few calls by Leahi in yesterday's Idaho game (re-watched on K5) that I could have sworn he said "Brendan".

Speaking of names, who was the genius who came up with "Vandals" for Idaho? What next? "Texas Terrorists".

Then again, who are we to say with the former "Rainbows". lol

Warriors is perfect. IMUA!
                  Last edited by Pomai; September 30, 2007, 10:05 PM. Reason: up
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Heck, I still refer tp DON QUIHOTE as HOLIDAY MART!

Back in the '50s, Hilo Commercial College's basketball team was the Vandals.

Comment

Heck, I still refer tp DON QUIHOTE as HOLIDAY MART!
                      Go Bows!

Get it straight. It's NOT Holiday Mart anymore. It's DAIEI. lol
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        Speaking of names, who was the genius who came up with "Vandals" for Idaho? What next? "Texas Terrorists".
                        There are Spartans, Trojans, Seminoles, and Aztecs (not to mention Rainbow Warriors), so why not Vandals? I think it's a cool name.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Might as well throw in the CHIPPEWAS, VIKINGS, INDIANS, BRAVES, PIRATES, BUCCANEERS, REDSKINS, PRIVATEERS, UTES, and CELTICS. How about some school or team "adopting" the HUNS, GOTHS, VISIGOTHS, SAXONS, and the like?

Comment

How about throw in Banana Slugs for good measure.

Comment

Although BANANA SLUGS remains among my all-time favorite school mascots (chosen in a vote by the UC Santa Cruz students to replace SEA LIONS), it's not a tribe or group of people.

Stanford used to be the INDIANS, but as political correctness (PC) was running amok, it was changed to CARDINAL, as in the color Cardinal red. Nothing to do with the bird. The school administration rejected the students' choice of ROBBER BARONS.

Pekin HS in Illinois also rejected the students' choice of CHINKS!

Comment

Stanford used to be the INDIANS, but as political correctness (PC) was running amok, it was changed to CARDINAL, as in the color Cardinal red.
                                One irony that's seldom talked about: Stanford's Jim Plunkett was the Heisman trophy winner in 1970, when the team was still known as the Indians. Plunkett himself is part-Indian. (Apparently, the school's nickname and mascot didn't offend him when he was recruited.) Stanford's Indian mascot and nickname were deep-sixed only a couple of years after Plunkett graduated.
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X