• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UH Warriors vs. Utah State

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Final score 52-37.

37. By an 0-6 (now) team!!!
    Yay about winning, though when you put it THAT way...

So how do you think UH is gonna do when the competition gets real?
    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
      So how do you think UH is gonna do when the competition gets real?
      Meatloaf and mashed potatoes, with mixed veggies and a glass of milk.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Argh. You punk! You made noodles come out my nose...
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes, with mixed veggies and a glass of milk.
          With a side of UHM cheerleaders, extra hot.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            Argh. You punk! You made noodles come out my nose...
            "Don't sneeze when you eat saimin."

- Frank De Lima

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
              I'm disappointed with our defense tonight. Nothing really wrong with our offense (could be better ... acutually much better), but our defense ... they gotta pick it up next week and beyond.
              Well, they did let the other team score at least 20 points ... again.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                Argh. You punk! You made noodles come out my nose.
                Wow. I'm honored!
                No, really, I am!
                [/patting self on the back]

Comment

USU may be an 0-6 team, but they've had some prolific offenses in the past 6, 7 years or so (especially those years when they had WR Kevin Curtis). Also, the score coulda been 52-27. USU got 10 "meaningless" points late in the 4th when Funaki came in and couldn't sustain drives--not that you'd expect your 3rd stringer to finish drives in garbage time.

Hawaii should be ranked around #13 come Sunday morning, as 5 teams ranked higher lost this past weekend and Thursday.
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Hey, Mike, we missed "seeing" you here last night. Were you at the game?
                    Anyway, we stayed at #16 on the AP poll and dropped from #15 to #16 on the USA Today coaches poll.
                    And geez, losing can be hazardous to your rankings -- USC went to #7 on the coaches poll and clear down to #10 on the AP poll. Yikes!

Comment

I wish we coulda held on to Glanville for one more season (this one). I forget how many times Utah went for it on 4th (when they didn't have to). That's a sign of total disrespect for the defense.

Comment

FYI - Last night's game is being rebroadcasted right now K5, in case any of you wanna' watch. I am.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Hey, Mike, we missed "seeing" you here last night. Were you at the game?
                          Anyway, we stayed at #16 on the AP poll and dropped from #15 to #16 on the USA Today coaches poll.
                          And geez, losing can be hazardous to your rankings -- USC went to #7 on the coaches poll and clear down to #10 on the AP poll. Yikes!
                          Naw, I was volunteering at a charity.

Hawaii wins and DROPS in the rankings this week. If that's the kind of respect Hawaii earns, I think Brennan won't finish higher than 4th in Heisman voting. Kinda hard for him since he's missed substantial time with his injury, and hard for Hawaii to earn respect when their games are on at midnight on the East Coast.

Interesting...Auburn beats a mid-major in Vanderbilt, and they jump 7 in the AP, 5 in the USA Today. smh @ this East Coast bias.
                          Last edited by Mike_Lowery; October 7, 2007, 10:21 AM.
                          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                            I wish we coulda held on to Glanville for one more season (this one). I forget how many times Utah went for it on 4th (when they didn't have to). That's a sign of total disrespect for the defense.
                            Not really any DISRESPECT. I think due more to their winless season so far and the score at the time. What did they have to lose? Might as well try something that could come in handy in a future game that they could win.

Comment

Is it just me, or are the announcers sometimes saying "Colt Brendan"?
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post

Hawaii wins and DROPS in the rankings this week. If that's the kind of respect Hawaii earns, I think Brennan won't finish higher than 4th in Heisman voting. Kinda hard for him since he's missed substantial time with his injury, and hard for Hawaii to earn respect when their games are on at midnight on the East Coast.

Interesting...Auburn beats a mid-major in Vanderbilt, and they jump 7 in the AP, 5 in the USA Today. smh @ this East Coast bias.
                                I don't think Vandy qualifies as a mid major because they definitely don't play in a mid major Conference (SEC)...The SEC has 6 teams ranked in the AP top 25 poll.

If Hawai'i wants respect this year, they need to beat their opponents by large margins. A 52-37 victory against a winless opponent at home is not going to cut it

Comment

Working...
                                X