Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Bane of My Existence (Fort Weaver Road)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The New Bane of My Existence (Fort Weaver Road)

You got your "mauka" and "makai" straight yet?

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
      My favorite set of directions I've ever been given was in high school. This girl wanted us to leave a party and pick her up. She was trying to tell me how to get to and from her house to a party on the other side of the DFW metroplex. She said, "Get on that one road, drive for a while, turn right at the 7-11, left at the dumpster, and it's the 2nd street." Because there's only one 7-11 and one dumpster in the ENTIRE DFW area. And she never told me what the original road was! Yeah- she never made it to the party that night.
      HAHAHA! She must have been from Hawaii!
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

i just read a story that i will link to that addresses some of the reasons that the road and neighborhood that you are talking about is so bad. basically it has to do with funding. the state constitution doesnt allow for fronting money to developers via a bond in order for infrastructure to be addressed ahead of a developement. and when the houses are done there is usually no money left and the developer may be gone, outta business or unwilling to comply with the needs of the community after they have made their money or lost their shirt as the case may be.
        since we willl not get a con con for at least ten more years you will have to push your re elected do nothing legislatures to make these kind of changes that the said they would if we voted no on a con-con. i remember the phrase " let the legislature do its job"
        http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story....6-68f428a842cc
        the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
          since we willl not get a con con for at least ten more years you will have to push your re elected do nothing legislatures to make these kind of changes that the said they would if we voted no on a con-con. i remember the phrase " let the legislature do its job"
          BUT..... since there will not be a con-con, the legislature is going to be very busy fixing the state's educational system .... that "can be handled in the legislature", too, you know!
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
          X