Road Closures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Closures

hi this is sansei and who ever need's to re-route is that i heard on the news that kanianiole hwy is closed due to a rock slide and many job seeker's were at a Job fair looking to see if they could get a job with target here so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Re: just heard a rock slide closed kanianiole hwy

Sansei...a quick online check shows that Kalanianaole Hwy is now open after a rock slide near the blowhole covered the inside lane.

Comment

Re: just heard a rock slide closed kanianiole hwy

Good heads up, Sansei, thanks!!

It happened at Halona Blowhole area, and Honolulu Advertiser says its reopened, and nobody was hurt. Yay!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Re: Rock Slide Closed Kalanianaole Hwy.

Yikes! Scary! I love the Halona Cove- I think that's one of my favorite places here.

I'm always just a teeny bit afraid when I'm driving along Kam Hwy and see all those "Falling Rock" signs. But I never thought they actually fell. Oops. Really, really glad nobody was hurt.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Re: Rock Slide Closed Kalanianaole Hwy.

hi this is sansei and i just learned a few minutes ago,i heard that N king street leading into town is closed due to a down powerline so if anyone is heading in that direction,i thought to share this head's up with everyone.

Comment

Re: Road Closures

hi this is sansei and i just learned that the state will cose the zipper lane and think of other way's to relieve traffic so i thought to share this updated news with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
              hi this is sansei and i just learned that the state will cose the zipper lane[...]
              Do you have a link for that, sansei?

Comment

It was on the news. They are planning to remove the zipper lane and make two contra flow lanes in the middle. It will go east bound in the morning and west bound in the afternoon.

Sounds a little like the contra flow lanes in Seattle.
                "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
                Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by 68-eldo View Post
                  Thanks for the link. The zipper lane certainly didn't last very long! Maybe a decade?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    The zipper lane certainly didn't last very long! Maybe a decade?
                    Well, better to get out before the machine becomes unreliable.

I didn't follow the link, but I heard it reported on the news what a great boon this will be for rush hour. Sooo, do we still need rail?

Comment

http://www.eng.hawaii.edu/~csp/ITE_z...ostas_2000.pdf

Quote:
                      According to the HDOT, the total construction and system acquisition cost was $12 million. This figure includes $1.75 million for the two transfer vehicles, $8.4 million for the barrier units, and the rest for crossover and related improvements.
                      Safety Systems Hawaii Inc. operates and maintains the system under a service contract in the amount of $510,000 per year plus an additional $95,000 for allowances to cover trouble calls for gates and overhead signals, ZipMobile maintenance and technical support from Barrier Systems Inc.
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X