Jeep rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep rental

A friend is coming to town in a couple of weeks and just emailed me the following:

"I need to find a Jeep to rent to go around the island. It doesn't have to be a fancy Jeep, in fact the older and funkier the better. I will want to rent it only for a short time."

I told her to search on google and also mentioned National and Alamo because both companies have offices in my condo building. But, I thought I'd ask HTers if you might have any recommendations of lower end, reputable RAC companies.

Re: Jeep rental

I tend to rent from Budget Rent-a-Car but it's been over a year since I rented a car. One thing I do notice around here on Oahu, it's cheaper to rent from the airport location rather than the Waikiki location.

Comment

Yes, be sure and check around within the same agency. Office locations will have different rates even when only a few miles apart. It depends on what they have in inventory, among other things.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Thanks Helen and Matapule.

Comment

Maybe you already know this but Enterprise picks you up wherever you are
          and also returns you back after the rental period is over. I don't know what
          sort of Jeeps they have but over here in the Kaneohe office lots of the cars
          were older models. I had to use them after my December accident when I
          got rear ended by the BMW, they were very pleasant to deal with.

Comment

Because of slumping tourism, I think your friend could easily find special offers from one of the major companies, like Budget, Hertz, Avis, National, and Alamo. As Matapule said, she should shop around. If I had to recommend a local company, it would be Paradise Rent-A-Car.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X