Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big cars in Honolulu

Originally posted by Golfsnorkel View Post
    I remember when they made Windward Mall the parking stalls for Liberty House were way larger than for the others, Sears and J.C. Penny.

I figured it was because Liberty House was going after all the folks that drove Caddy's and Lincoln Town Cars.
    Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    That's right, if you got a 3-series BMW you simply don't rate. But a 5-series on up tells the world you did better.
    Ummm, Bimmers are luxurious and all. But they aren't land yachts, which is what I think Golfsnorkel was thinking about when he specifically mentioned the huge Caddys and Lincolns back in the days (the '80s) when Windward Mall first opened up and they set-up rather generously-sized stalls on what was then the LH side, as compared to the Sears side.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      Ummm, Bimmers are luxurious and all. But they aren't land yachts, which is what I think Golfsnorkel was thinking about when he specifically mentioned the huge Caddys and Lincolns back in the days (the '80s) when Windward Mall first opened up and they set-up rather generously-sized stalls on what was then the LH side, as compared to the Sears side.
      Ummm...he did say, "Clientele" at the bottom of his post. That tells me he's considering the more affluent automobile owners.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        Ummm...he did say, "Clientele" at the bottom of his post. That tells me he's considering the more affluent automobile owners.
        Yes,... but in conjunction with the significantly larger parking stalls located in front of the old LH/Macy's side of the mall. I mean, the Porsche Boxster and the Lamborghini Gallardo are also cars for affluent people too. But what they have to do in a discussion about parking stalls that accommodate vehicles more than 210+ inches in length is beyond me. (And lest we forget, the title of this thread is Big cars in Honolulu.)

Now if you wanted to get into a seperate discussion talking about the status/prestige of certain makes and models, fine. In fact, I'll grant you that the 1980s vintage BMW 5 sedans carried more prestige than owning a Cadillac Fleetwood of the time. Or that the BMW 6 series was more elegantly crafted than the Lincoln Continental coupes. Consider the honor of BMW to be vindicated, Craig.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          Yes,... but in conjunction with the significantly larger parking stalls located in front of the old LH/Macy's side of the mall. I mean, the Porsche Boxster and the Lamborghini Gallardo are also cars for affluent people too. But what they have to do in a discussion about parking stalls that accommodate vehicles more than 210+ inches in length is beyond me. (And lest we forget, the title of this thread is Big cars in Honolulu.)

Now if you wanted to get into a seperate discussion talking about the status/prestige of certain makes and models, fine. In fact, I'll grant you that the 1980s vintage BMW 5 sedans carried more prestige than owning a Cadillac Fleetwood of the time. Or that the BMW 6 series was more elegantly crafted than the Lincoln Continental coupes. Consider the honor of BMW to be vindicated, Craig.
          I am humbled by that honor

Comment

Since we're somewhat discussing parking lots, I'd like to give Costco props for having the best ones.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
              Since we're somewhat discussing parking lots, I'd like to give Costco props for having the best ones.
              except you can't navigate the wider shopping carts between full stalls and you have to push them over those rumble strips at the Hawaii Kai store.

Comment

Working...
              X