X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I finally go busted...

Originally posted by oggboy
    CLICK IT OR TICKET...$92.00......

My daughter came home one day all depressed. I say wassa maddah.
    Sh**t I wen get one ticket fo not using seat belts. And I was the passenger in the da car. I wen like fo laugh but neva like hurt my girls feeling. She end up paying $98.00, no ask me why. Plus too her ins. went up. Oh well the price you pay.... LUCKY U LIVE HAWAII......OGGBOY
    I told my wife about it on the way home. I think she was like you... wanted to laugh but didn't want to hurt my feelings. So your daughter's insurance went up even though she was the passenger? I wonder if the cop was giving me a break because I didn't offer any excuses... I was surprised he was telling me what he would do to contest the charges. I'm not gonna lie though (I no like bachi myself), hopefully my clean record holds a lot of water with Judge Judy.
    Last edited by cezanne; July 27, 2005, 10:58 PM. Reason: haha I said I know like bachi myself

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      So how come Oggboy's daughter had her insurance premium increased if the seat belt fine doesn't get reported to the insurance co? Or maybe she was speeding too?

Miulang
      As far as I know only moving violations get put on your driving abstract.

Here is more information :

http://www.courts.state.hi.us/page_s...A8FDFCDF4.html
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

This could be argued in court on the basis that a driving abstract is a tool to define your driving. She was a passenger not the driver so how in the world could it be construed as a measure of her ability to drive. Now the driver on the other hand should have their abstract reflected as multiple motor vehicle violations where each one counts as points against them because as the driver, they are responsible for the well-being and liability of their passengers.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Actually, if you do get a moving violation of some kind, it's a good idea to go to court anyway. Here in California, when CHP issues a speeding ticket, the officer tells you the traffic court will send you courtesy notice. This notice includes your fine amount and the day you can appear in court. Most people don't want to deal with the hassle of showing up in court, so they pay the fine outright and move on with their lives.

A friend of mine showed up in court and basically gave some story of, "It was a Sunday, light traffic," or, "You know, I just made a mistake, I learned my lesson." In most cases, the judge will reduce your fine. They reduced his fine by $30.

You do get that mark against your driver abstract though, so make sure you check with your auto insurance company to see if that will affect your premiums.

Does Hawaii offer any way to remove the marks against your driver's record? Here in California, you can take traffic school which removes one mark. Unfortunately, you can only take one traffic school course per 18 months.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nowdays don't make any difference, it's respect for one's household and respect for you as an elder is why I tell even my adult kids that if they talk ladat dey going get lickins from me.[/QUOTE]

humm, just a thought, wonder which is worse, swearing or hitting??

Comment

It depends...swearing just isn't polite. Hitting is wrong too.

But if you mean corporal punishment...little kids cannot comprehend the act of reasoning and an immediate lesson in consequences thru their young and somewhat developing central nervous system by virtue of: I going tantrum out...OWE dat wen hurt...okay maybe not next time...is going to net a different outcome the next time Junior Boy going amp out in KB Toys.

When you mean "Hitting", eh one false crack is CPS time. Slapping the back of the head for acting stupid is corporal punishment. BUT...one slap to da noggins resulting in whiplash is anger management time for Papa san.

Oh yeah and on going to court...My first speeding ticket I was going 45-mph kokohead bound on Diamond Head road just past the last lookout coming round the bend near Monserrat and Diamond Head road when right there hiding inside the bend was Honolulu's finest with that radar gun (back then nevah have Laser gun).

I pulled over he gave me a ticket and I went home. When I went to court the judge asked me if I wanted to plead my case. I said yes and proceeded to acknowledge my stupid judgement and that I will accept whatever he ruled on me. He let me go with a $15 fine and one point on my abstract.

The guy before me had a speeding ticket and his wasn't as bad as mine however because he swore at the judge, his fine was a lot more than mine. Goes to show that a little respect for the judge (grovelling) can save your ass sometimes in court.
              Last edited by craigwatanabe; August 1, 2005, 01:04 AM.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X