Parking tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking tickets

Another problem I had...I parked in Chinatown. It had been raining. I found shredded remnants of what could be a parking ticket (disintegrated in the rain). I promptly call the police. I'm bounced around from department to department after being given the wrong number several times. Finally the person I reach says to try back on Monday since they aren't open on Sun night. So I call back Mon. They say they haven't received any info on a parking ticket for my car yet, to try back next week. I try back Fri on that same week, receive the same info. Call the following Mon. Told the same thing. Call a week after that, only to be told that now the ticket is past due.

Comment

Re: Parking tickets

Have the densely populated areas on Oahu tried residential parking stickers yet? We have areas up here where there 1 or 2 hour limits on onstreet parking except for people who have those residential stickers. They're entitled to park in their neighborhood for as long as they want, everybody else gets ticketed. To qualify for a sticker, you have to go to City Hall with proof of your current address and then pay a processing fee. The sticker is good for one year.

The City Planning Commission should probably mandate that new office buildings downtown remediate the traffic situation by either providing for parking within their building or by having businesses provide alternate means of transportation for office workers like subsidized bus passes. All our city streets have these new fangled parking kiosks where you insert your ATM card to pay for the meter, but then you have to walk back to your car and put that ticket on your dashboard in clear view for the lovely metermaids. But parking downtown is free on Sundays and holidays. When I have to go downtown, I would rather park in a garage than have to circle blocks and blocks to find a parking space on the street.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X