X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: honda element: comments?

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
    It is not comfortable for anyone else.
    meaning everyone who happens to have the misfortune of casting their gaze in its direction.

Comment

It kinda reminds me of Tupperware.

Frankly, I'd rather drive an Edsel.

Comment

oh, edsel. hey anything classic old skool. yea. and the only reason that thing goes down in hstory as a dawg as i unnastand, was, it didn't sell well, and it was named after the founders son. or sumpin lidat.
        And after all, if it's good enuff for the lead in american graffitti, why not eh?!

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
          i'm planning to sell my old '93 acura (won't get much) and buy a 2005 or 06 honda element but you guys have a lot of insights so i thought i'd ask if there's anyone with any comments--good or bad.

i'm basically thinking of the element cuz of my 2 yr old daughter and all the stuff we lug around.

thanks!
          So did you get one? Does anyone else have one? We went Element shopping today for the wife. She hated it a coupla months ago when we were talking about getting her a new vehicle but took a ride in one and changed her mind. The interior is really simple and is suitable for people who probably do a lot of outdoors stuff and tend to spill stuff in there car. The car(?) looks pretty cool and has some neat features that my wife would take advantage of (stow space). For me personally, I dunno if I would wanna be seen driving it around tho lol.

I'm gonna do a little more research before we sign zee papers tho. But so far it seems to get rave reviews from prominent auto journals.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
            So did you get one? Does anyone else have one? We went Element shopping today for the wife. She hated it a coupla months ago when we were talking about getting her a new vehicle but took a ride in one and changed her mind. The interior is really simple and is suitable for people who probably do a lot of outdoors stuff and tend to spill stuff in there car. The car(?) looks pretty cool and has some neat features that my wife would take advantage of (stow space). For me personally, I dunno if I would wanna be seen driving it around tho lol.

I'm gonna do a little more research before we sign zee papers tho. But so far it seems to get rave reviews from prominent auto journals.
            Watch out for the live crabs (I'm still chortling over the Element ad I saw a couple of weeks ago that showed a Honda Element with the voice over extolling over its virtues with 2 cuts to a crab with a dialogue balloon overhead that read "I pinch") baahahahaha! They're ugly as sin (like the PT Cruiser) and are geared for the younger people in their 20s who use their cars as their home on wheels, filing cabinet, trash can, etc. etc. Hose out the interiors and you're good to go again.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

hi cezanne. nope, haven't bought one yet but it's just because there have been a bunch of other things going on. i know a lot of people don't like the way it looks but my '93 acura has a dent on the front left side (some b*#$!@& left it for me while shopping), some golf ball dings (not from me; long story), etc so you know that i'm the kind of guy who doesn't give two cents about what others might think. for me, function is way, way more important than form when it comes to getting around and it seems to have a bunch of pretty good features. i'll send you a pm when i finally get around to buying one...
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Where have you been looking? We only went to Windward Honda. Will probably check out the other Honda dealers too. She's looking at the EX-P model, the one with a little more doodads and the 270 watt stereo system and the painted rear quarterpanels (instead of the dark gray panels) . Base price is like $21K To the sales guy: "No we just wanna buy ONE of these!". To make matters worse (for me) she likes the green one! I guess she really wants to make sure I don't drive it lol.

Comment

just the windward honda. i've never bought a brand new car (cars have never been a big deal for me) so here's a naive question: are you going to check out the other dealers cuz the selection is not the same or perhaps cuz you can get a better deal at one vs another?
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

If you like the Element just go to any Honda dealer. If they don't have the model/color you want, they will usually do a "trade" with a dealer who has the model you want. Of course, in Hawai'i, that might be a little more problemmatical, since you don't have that much choice and you can't drive in a car from another state. If worse comes to worse, you could always order one and wait awhile for it to arrive.

When I bought my Murano, the dealer I went to didn't have the color I wanted, so he did a quick search of all available inventory in the area and located one about 2 hours away, which was driven down to my dealer by one of the sales people who drove up in a car that replaced the one that I removed from the other dealers' stock.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Shave I found this site: http://www.carbuyingtips.com/

I guess you can save a bit if you did a little homework and preparation. I got emailed quotes from three dealers here when I asked for quotes via www.cars.com.

Comment

cool thanks for the tip!

Comment

I like the element..it's a fun lunch box. it's everything more than the scion xb...cost will be a factor though, but still better (IMO) than the xb in terms of refinement. My friend has an element, he has everything and anything going into it...it's pretty versitle. from loading his dogs in, to even loading up his racebike.
                          www.raceeventshawaii.com

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                            Where have you been looking? We only went to Windward Honda. Will probably check out the other Honda dealers too. She's looking at the EX-P model, the one with a little more doodads and the 270 watt stereo system and the painted rear quarterpanels (instead of the dark gray panels) . Base price is like $21K To the sales guy: "No we just wanna buy ONE of these!". To make matters worse (for me) she likes the green one! I guess she really wants to make sure I don't drive it lol.
                            . . . . . . . . . .

cezanne, hey, did you buy one already? i finally got off my butt and took a test drive at windward honda and all i need to do is sell my acura and i'll immediately buy an element.

if you did buy one and if it's not too personal, what price did you get for it? i just wanna make sure i don't pay too much. (just pm me)

thanks!

Comment

Bumping this one...

Pondering getting one of these (I still think they have Tupperware nuances, but fit what I need so who cares)...

Experiences good or bad would be appreciated...

Comment

Working...
                              X