X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are You GO for $39?

Originally posted by Konaguy
    But my point is, Aloha at least is re-instating some of those routes like KOA-OGG
    direct.So its bound to happen that these routes won't be underserved in the
    future.
    Yeah, but the fares are still going to be higher for the Neighbor Islands than for HNL outbound flights.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      Yeah, but the fares are still going to be higher for the Neighbor Islands than for HNL outbound flights.

Miulang
      We shall see, none of us have a crystal ball to see the future
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

This is apparently a case of supply and demand. Demand for travel between HNL and neighbor islands is the highest. Simply put more people fly to / from HNL than anywhere else interisland, hence the competitive fares for that segment.

Despite that I already noticed that flights during most of the holiday weekends later this year have been sold out, even at higher prices by Hawaiian Air at least. Go still has a lot of seats available, some at the $39 price. Some people are choosing to stay with the major airlines despite the higher cost.

Today I fly out from HNL to ITO with my first $39 fare.

Again, I say enjoy the ride... even if you are only flying out from or to HNL.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Go jet parked near HNL commuter terminal. Just a pic to share of the airline in subject. I flew out today on Hawaiian.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

• Interisland fare wars continue

HA and AQ have announced that they will match go!'s $29 fare through the end of the year instead of only through Sept. 30. Don't know if all seats will be at that price, though.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

• Re: Interisland fare wars continue

The $29 fare does not include holiday weekends like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I also noticed many of those flights are selling fast with the cheaper seats already gone.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Go!'s load factor was down to < 74% in July (as opposed to the 90% load factor they reported in June, their first month of operations), which is probably why they instituted the $29 fares for selected flights through the end of the year. C'mon people of Hawai'i! Better take advantage of those cheaper fares on all the carriers while you still can!

According to the story, HA and AQ general load factors are very similar to go! (in the 70% range). Does that mean that the pent up demand for cheap interisland fares is already diminishing?

Meanwhile, HA ranked #1 again in punctuality and lowest number of misplaced baggage in the nation, with AQ ranked #2 in punctuality on the DOT's list for June. WTG, local carriers!

Miulang
                Last edited by Miulang; August 13, 2006, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Has anyone found a side-by-side comparison of flights/fares for the three or four carriers? That would be useful, if it exists.
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

inter-island is a shrinking market by any analysts definition. Go's adding inventory (seats) and dropping fares has only one purpose.

Originally posted by Miulang
                    Go!'s load factor was down to < 74% in July (as opposed to the 90% load factor they reported in June, their first month of operations), which is probably why they instituted the $29 fares for selected flights through the end of the year. C'mon people of Hawai'i! Better take advantage of those cheaper fares on all the carriers while you still can!

According to the story, HA and AQ general load factors are very similar to go! (in the 70% range). Does that mean that the pent up demand for cheap interisland fares is already diminishing?

Meanwhile, HA ranked #1 again in punctuality and lowest number of misplaced baggage in the nation, with AQ ranked #2 in punctuality on the DOT's list for June. WTG, local carriers!

Miulang
                    GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

a little note on the Samoa drama...

I recently saw a list of various landing fees that airports charge to let you visit (not including all the charges for per hour ground time, overnight stays, security, etc. etc.) but it seems that Samoa is 33% higher than even the highest priced mainland destination and over 50% higher than the lowest.

I figure it's reasonable to assume that all their costs are much higher as well, and they wonder why ticket prices are not the same...

oh well, I for one would be happy to learn that we stop going there as we (HA baggage handlers) have a lot more work and much heavier items to deal with on those flights. though thankfully my concert experience and TIM degree have finally allowed me to enter a management training program sometime later this year...

feel free to keep this thread alive as i'll do my best to make positive/practical changes from the inside... asap

k, have a good one...
                      jason

ps - the concert and drinks offer is still on the table for any crab apples looking for a nice time.
                      808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

The latest salvo in the Go! fare wars is the carrier's new code sharing agreement with Mokulele Airlines to operate flights under the "Go! Express" monicker to smaller airports. Mokulele will be getting several new, single engine Cessna airplanes to compete with Island Air and Pacific Wings in this market. Details at the following link:

http://starbulletin.com/2006/09/14/news/story01.html
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

PBN Article

Some 40 employees from Hawaiian Airlines (Amex: HA), Aloha Airlines and Island Air held a meeting Tuesday night at Honolulu International Airport to formulate a grassroots campaign on behalf of the state's legacy carriers.
                          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by 808shows.com
                            a little note on the Samoa drama...

I recently saw a list of various landing fees that airports charge to let you visit (not including all the charges for per hour ground time, overnight stays, security, etc. etc.) but it seems that Samoa is 33% higher than even the highest priced mainland destination and over 50% higher than the lowest.

I figure it's reasonable to assume that all their costs are much higher as well, and they wonder why ticket prices are not the same...

oh well, I for one would be happy to learn that we stop going there as we (HA baggage handlers) have a lot more work and much heavier items to deal with on those flights. though thankfully my concert experience and TIM degree have finally allowed me to enter a management training program sometime later this year...

OH,OH is this another HA emp? LOL, fOrmer EmP here ~ ** ~ Used to be a Cust. Svc. agent HNL stn. Early morning crew so I caught the inbound PPG flt. Interesting about the 33% & 50% thingy...did not know that ~ * I learned something today....
                            HUBbys from Amer. Samoa, and so I have various views of the Pagolians ~ as I used to call 'em....

* I liked it when Aloha was flying down to Pago, cuz it dropped HA's tkts.
                            (*just like when GO started, AQ & HA needed to match ~ good for customers)

* HA's Service at PPG STN was horrible ~ I had an emp. stick her finger in my face, yelling at me cuz my cousin fainted cuz it was too damn HOT & she didn't want my cousin on the plane...They called the EMS, they came took cousins vitals, they said she was all good ~ And STILL that agent didn't want us on the plane....Lucky thing I new the Manager of PPG stn ( she used to work with me @ HNL) told her the whole thing and she let us go ~ I vowed to fix her azz , if I ever saw her here...and I did. U know our TP dress code policy right? I denied them boarding for not having proper attire!!LOL..

* They totally exploited those people with the price of tickets since they were practically the only airlines going on a regular basis.

~ Lets not forget where they got the survival money when they were going through the first banckrupcy...thats right they used the revenue in Pago...amazing, you would think they would treat those customers a little better than those $199RT on special tkt buyers, who think we owe them the world, came from the mainland peepo..<i'm gunna get a lot of slaps for that one>but Im just saying sad to say in today's society, "you got the money you get the service",((that wasn't my way of thinking though, just to make things clear, I treated everyone with the ALOHA<except that little incident above with the PPG AGT, that needed to be done> , I could go on and on about the horror stories I have, but save that for another thread)). ANYWAAAY ~ sorry for the venting.....HAL emp. for 6 years...been there, saw that...over it. <had some flash backs there>

* Now please lets return to topic. *
                            [/COLOR]
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy
                              PBN Article

Some 40 employees from Hawaiian Airlines (Amex: HA), Aloha Airlines and Island Air held a meeting Tuesday night at Honolulu International Airport to formulate a grassroots campaign on behalf of the state's legacy carriers.
                              A Mesa executive in Honolulu said Thursday morning that Mesa would respond once the group issues its statement.

I am certain they will...

the drama should intensify... JO WILL DEFINATELY take this personal.
                              GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Spokespersons for Island Air and Pacific Wings are so far saying Go's entry into the commuter market is not significant for the time being. Mokulele's new planes of which they will only get 2 for the time being adds only a single seat per flight.

More details at this link.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X