This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are You GO for $39?

Some more opala coming out about the gates go! will be using in Honolulu and Kahului.

Go! wants to use the commuter terminals on both islands because it costs them less to deplane there (no jetways etc), but Pacific Wings (da owner one troublemaker ) doesn't want go! or Island Air to be sharing space in the commuter terminals. Aloha doesn't want go! to share facilities with it either, so there you go...

Looks like go! still doesn't have a place to land on Maui or Honolulu. Stay tuned.

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; April 19, 2006, 12:53 PM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Hmmm...something else just occurred to me. With mention of the difference in gate fees between the interisland and commuter terminals (having gates at the commuter terminals being about 1/3 the cost of gates at the main interisland terminals) if the little propeller planes like Pacific Wings get their way and force go! to take off and land at the interisland terminal, won't go! have to eventually raise its prices? The article says go! was counting on being able to have gates at the commuter terminal. This could get veeeeerrrry interesting, especially since go!s first flights were supposed to be on June 9.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Actually Mesa did "land" the commuter terminal at HNL a couple of weeks ago.

http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif...0/daily45.html

Arturo

Comment

Originally posted by arturo_h
          Actually Mesa did "land" the commuter terminal at HNL a couple of weeks ago.

http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif...0/daily45.html

Arturo
          Not according to what the Pacific Wings buggah said he found out yesterday.

"...Kahlstorf says he learned, however, that there are no contracts signed for go! to use the Honolulu commuter terminal and there is no counter space available there.

On the other hand, he contends there is a counter user at the interisland terminal (JTB travel agency) that could be moved...." The Maui News reporter couldn't get anybody from the DOT to verify the information about whether or not go! did have a contract to use the commuter terminal at HNL. For sure, OGG is still up in the air, because Pacific Wings is a pretty powerful presence on Maui (I believe OGG is their home base).

That Pacific Wings guy one scrappy fella. He going do whateva he can to keep go! from using the commuter terminals.

Miulang
          Last edited by Miulang; April 19, 2006, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Hah, yeah you got that right. Interesting though. I'm sure there are a lot of people like that in the airport business that will be trying whatever they can to stop them from succeeding. Let's just hope nothing big and ugly happens in the near future.
            Arturo

Comment

Word on the street is mesa's lawsuit with Hawaiian goes before Judge Robert Faris on May 16th. Mesa broke the law, what will Judge Faris say? Meet me in the courtroom May 16th or wait for the newspapers the next day.

If Hawaiian is not sucessful in their injuction against mesa it is possible Aloha will fire the next volley with a lawsuit against mesa's admittedly PREDATORY business plan. I mean its one thing to do it, its another to admit it and brag about it to the media.

http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif...03/story7.html
              "We can fly planes empty and cover it. The Hawaii operation costs about $20 million to $25 million a year -- we can lose that much money. We can cover it."
              He (the ceo) said somewhere else he can fly empty for five years. Thats pretty effin stupid to say to the media! These guys mesa are the most hated airline on the mainland. If you want to know about THE REAL MESA, read these two stories

GO! BACKGROUND CHECK
              S.E.C. VS. JONATHAN ORNSTEIN

Actually all the stories on that blog are very well written.
              GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Well, now the FAA is demanding proof from the State that they didn't improperly give go! approval to use the commuter terminal at HNL. At stake is quite a bit of Federal funding if it turns out that go! was given special status. My guess is Pacific Wings had a great big hand in stirring up this 'opala. If go! is forced to use the main interisland terminal in Honolulu, they will not be able to offer those $39 fares for very long.

And with its other legal problems (the HAL suit against Mesa that Aloha-anon says is suppsed to be heard on May 16), will Mesa/go! be able to get all its legal problems cleared up in time to take off on June 9?

Miulang

Comment

Two go! planes in Phoenix

If anyone's interested, here's some photos of 2 of the go! CRJ's in Phoenix (PHX).

go! in PHX

Arturo

Comment

Re: Two go! planes in Phoenix

The Bombardier CRJ-200 design by itself is a beauty. Now that barreling blue wave paint scheme makes it look GO!-RGEOUS! Thanks for the link.

Their use of jets will certainly appeal to those who aren't comfortable flying on turboprop aircraft.

According to Go!, that $39 introductory purchase deadline ended yesterday.

I don't care, I get Hawaiian Airlines buddy passes.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Two go! planes in Phoenix

Originally posted by Pomai
                      The Bombardier CRJ-200 design by itself is a beauty. Now that barreling blue wave paint scheme makes it look GO!-RGEOUS!
                      I agree, awesome planes. Although they won't be my primary way of travel between the islands, I would like to fly that RJ at least once.
                      Arturo

Comment

If you like the CRJ-200 wait til you see the 700. Carries 70 pax and looks like a soupped up 200. I'm pretty sure they would put those online there when start grabbing up market share from Aloha and all the rest. It's understandable why Hawaiian and the rest are putting up a noble fight against GO. Hawaiian and Aloha will have a conciderable disadvantage if GO takes hold of the market there. Mesa had a contract with UAL as United Express a few years ago before they lost it to Skywest on the west coast. If GO follows that route as United Express, Northwest Express or Delta Express you can see Hawaiian and Aloha in a bigger fight. All in All, Hawaii residents will win fare wise. The advantage-Being an "Express" carrier you get code sharing with the major carrier like United, Northwest, Delta. So the others get ignored when you book. Also as an "Express" carrier the operating airline being Mesa would get a flat rate of compensation for each flight completed. Meaning if they fly 1 passenger or a full flight Mesa get's $$$$.
                        Just my 2 cents.

Peace!
                        Samba Pa Ti

Comment

Originally posted by kamasamikong!
                          If you like the CRJ-200 wait til you see the 700. Carries 70 pax and looks like a soupped up 200. I'm pretty sure they would put those online there when start grabbing up market share from Aloha and all the rest. It's understandable why Hawaiian and the rest are putting up a noble fight against GO. Hawaiian and Aloha will have a conciderable disadvantage if GO takes hold of the market there. Mesa had a contract with UAL as United Express a few years ago before they lost it to Skywest on the west coast. If GO follows that route as United Express, Northwest Express or Delta Express you can see Hawaiian and Aloha in a bigger fight. All in All, Hawaii residents will win fare wise. The advantage-Being an "Express" carrier you get code sharing with the major carrier like United, Northwest, Delta. So the others get ignored when you book. Also as an "Express" carrier the operating airline being Mesa would get a flat rate of compensation for each flight completed. Meaning if they fly 1 passenger or a full flight Mesa get's $$$$.
                          Just my 2 cents.
                          Peace!
                          Actually when Mesa purchases their new EMB-190/195's, they may be flying those over here instead of the CRJ-700's, we'll see though. I personally like RJ's more than Embraer's but I ultimately rather fly Hawaiian's 717's. I think that's how most people here feel also. No matter about the $$$$. They'd rather support a local company. They may survive longer than others who've tried in the past, but it will be VERY difficult to push HA and AQ out of the market. Also Hawaiian has code sharing with Northwest which is pretty much all you need to get around the world. We'll have to wait and see what happens though.
                          Arturo

Comment

I bought two round-trip tickets yesterday on Hawaiian to go to Maui this weekend to visit mom.

I spent $366.

I hope go! sticks with the cheap prices. I have family on Maui and the Big Island. I'd like to see them more often than I do now...

Comment

Originally posted by dick
                              I bought two round-trip tickets yesterday on Hawaiian to go to Maui this weekend to visit mom.

I spent $366.

I hope go! sticks with the cheap prices. I have family on Maui and the Big Island. I'd like to see them more often than I do now...
                              You know they are only going to be flying interisland, don't you? It may be cheaper to fly to Honolulu on HA or AQ and then on to Maui on go!, but I don't think so.
                              Arturo

Comment

Originally posted by arturo_h
                                Actually when Mesa purchases their new EMB-190/195's, they may be flying those over here instead of the CRJ-700's, we'll see though. I personally like RJ's more than Embraer's but I ultimately rather fly Hawaiian's 717's. I think that's how most people here feel also. No matter about the $$$$. They'd rather support a local company. They may survive longer than others who've tried in the past, but it will be VERY difficult to push HA and AQ out of the market. Also Hawaiian has code sharing with Northwest which is pretty much all you need to get around the world. We'll have to wait and see what happens though.
                                Arturo
                                Yes Hawaii is a unique kind of market(Es: Bank America) and yes I agree it would be very very difficult to push HA and AQ out of the market because of their established market presence there. But GO will into the Hawaii market with the advantage of a big war chest rather than your normal start up airline with just planes as assests.Check out their web site at Mesa Air Group and compare their route system to Hawaiian and Aloha and ties. I think GO has the advantage for the US domestic market with ties with America West/US Airways, Delta and United. Also with Northwest and Delta in bancruptcy proceeding you don't know which those airlines would go as far as code sharing and continued route service because they are following United's and US Air's footsteps. I think it would be a long and drag out fight and the market has room for all three to compete. But I'm sure they are going to leave some bloody noses in the competition ahead and yes only time will tell.
                                Peace!
                                Samba Pa Ti

Comment

Working...
                                X