Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chevy vs Ford argument ends in death

Originally posted by Pomai
    What's the deal with the industry dropping the compact truck in favor of only mid size or larger? Most of these mid-size models are almost as big as their full-size brother. I'm sure it has more to do with string-pulling by the petroleum industry than consumer buying trends.
    I sincerely doubt it. If people didn't buy them, they wouldn't make them. The oil industry isn't making people buy obnoxiously huge gas guzzlers... but they certainly don't mind that in some circles they're still status symbols.

But both Chevy and Ford have entries in the "tiny car" arena. The Ford Focus (which ain't half bad looking) and the Chevy Aveo.

Obnoxiously huge gas guzzlers aren't as popular as they were a couple of years ago, thankfully. There are waiting lists now for hybrid compacts (although there are also hybrid SUVs!). Not that the oil industry minds... even if people buy less gas, they charge more, and continue to make record profits...

Anyway, the Chevy v. Ford rivalry, particularly among truck owners, is mildly entertaining. "Heh heh, check out that bootleg Calvin and Hobbes sticker where Calvin's peeing on the logo of the other guys' truck..."

Comment

Re: Chevy vs Ford truck auguement ends in death

Originally posted by Pomai
      Found On Rubbish Dump.

My folks owned a 1975 Ford Mustang and 1970-something Landau. Both of them didn't last more than 3 years before needing major work.

But, I believe the latest reliability ratings from Consumer Reports have been favorable on most new Ford models. I'm totally in love wth the new convertible 'Stang. I'm actually contemplating buying a yellow one.

It will be back to muscle car wars when/if Chevy and Dodge produce the retro' inspired Camaro and Challenger. The Challenger looks sweet!
      I think anyone who owned any car in the mid 70's bought pieces of junk regardless of make or model. Real cars ended in 1972 and only recently are making come backs.

Chevy: Can Hear Every Valve Yelling

Mopar: MOtorized Piece of Automotive Rubish

Buick: It's what your dad STILL drives

Lexus: Japanese Buick

Buick: Well it looks fancy

AND FORD it may be Found On Roadside Dead and you may have to Fix Or Repair Daily...But it's still FIRST ON RACE DAY and that's all that counts in the Winner's Circle...Broken, Dead or not. Time to kiss the trophy!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        Mopar: MOtorized Piece of Automotive Rubish
        Rubbish has two 'b's
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
          Rubbish has two 'b's

As in the words of Swiper (from Dora the Explorer), "Oh Mannnnnn" foiled again.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            That's not half as catchy as the way I learned it: "F'd Over Road Disaster."

I guess I grew up a Chevy guy (insofar as I was a not-Ford guy), but I actually ended up owning one and didn't hate it. Of course, it just had the Ford badge and was actually made by Mazda, but... technically it was a Ford.

My first car was a 1979 Chevy Nova Concours limited edition (and this was in 1991 or so, mind you). To this day, even though I'd subsequently owned even more remarkable, good ol' American machines, it's still the car my wife misses the most.

I heard it as F'd Over Rebuilt Dodge... I guess from the '80s when Dodge really sucked.

Comment

But still...FIRST ON RACE DAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                But still...FIRST ON RACE DAY!!!
                Sorry I wouldn't know... I have an Isuzu Envoy.... I mean an Isuzu Trailblazer.. Uhh I mean an Isuzu Ascender. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chriscollado
                  Sorry I wouldn't know... I have an Isuzu Envoy.... I mean an Isuzu Trailblazer.. Uhh I mean an Isuzu Ascender. LOL
                  Gedzuntheit! Do they even import Hachuzus anymore?

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X