Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch out world! Adrian is driving once again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Watch out world! Adrian is driving once again!

[QUOTE=...And why is it bad to count on your family for something? That's local style... family is there for you no matter what. I agree, it's better to be independent, but why knock the guy for taking advantage of family hookups?[/QUOTE]

And that's why a lot of the local kids take so long to grow up and become responsible adults, my kids included!! We spoil them too much, thinking that we helping them.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
      Your kids don't do anything special for you on Father's Day?

Okay a card. I think Fathers get the bum deal because Mother's day falls when school is in sesson so they get the flower pot with the anthurium they planted in school. But Fathers Day arrives during summer break and no school to make one 61-Plasma TV set for daddy.

Usually on Father's day we do the cook out but guess who does the cooking and the grill cleaning?

But one day I'd love to see one of my adult boys (two so far) tell me, "Guess what we're treating you tonight, so choose wisely from the McDonald's $1 value menu"
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani

And that's why a lot of the local kids take so long to grow up and become responsible adults, my kids included!! We spoil them too much, thinking that we helping them.
        And I think a very good example of that can be found right here.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani
          My wife does that. I tell her you gotta let them fend for themselves so they can survive. My kids...22 years old and still cannot do his own taxes yet! My 19-year old is slowly learning what it means to pay for his own gas.

I told my 19-year old that when I was his age I was carrying an M-16 into northern Afghanistan instead of pizzas in the neighborhood. At 19 I saw death staring me in the face and you grow up real fast.

But hey back OT...Congrats Adrian on graduation. Your picture in another thread showed a really proud guy there. Your parents must be proud...so are we!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            Okay a card. I think Fathers get the bum deal because Mother's day falls when school is in sesson so they get the flower pot with the anthurium they planted in school. But Fathers Day arrives during summer break and no school to make one 61-Plasma TV set for daddy.

Usually on Father's day we do the cook out but guess who does the cooking and the grill cleaning?

But one day I'd love to see one of my adult boys (two so far) tell me, "Guess what we're treating you tonight, so choose wisely from the McDonald's $1 value menu"
            Yeah... Mother's Day always gets the attention, while Father's Day just kind of falls by the wayside.

Why do you do the cooking on Father's Day? Make a stink and park yourself in front of the TV with a cold one!

Or maybe mom should gently "remind" the kids to do something nice next year...

Comment

Father's Day in my home the dad gets cards and MOM (me) makes Father's favorite meal!

Then dad gets foot rubs and quiet movie time while MOM (me) takes kids to park.

I like the cook out idea better!!...I am going to have to suggest that to the Father!
              What the heck am I doing????
              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
              Sharing withother survivors...
              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

My son's birthday is June 18th.

This year it fell on Fathers Day...

So I gave the day to my son!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                  My son's birthday is June 18th.

This year it fell on Fathers Day...

So I gave the day to my son!
                  Oh how sweet...I think I will give Father's day to my sons too!!!!
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                    Father's Day in my home the dad gets cards and MOM (me) makes Father's favorite meal!

Then dad gets foot rubs and quiet movie time while MOM (me) takes kids to park.

I like the cook out idea better!!...I am going to have to suggest that to the Father!
                    What the heck am I doing????

Can I adopt you?

And Palolo Joe...I do the cooking on the grill because...well it's a guy thing and since I'm real particular on keeping the grill clean right after cooking. Since nobody makes a better steak than me!

Anyway this is about Adrian driving not about Daddy's day...sorry Adrian for straying this thread off topic

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                      I smell a merger...perhaps you and your cousin could combine your efforts, and operate semi-independently under Circuit City.
                      This started as a locally owned business, and it'll stay locally owned. I'll talk to my cousin if she wants to form some sort of alliance, but I'll never go with the likes of Circuit City or Best Buy. Plus, I'm competing against them (and in this case, her). In a few weeks, I'll get my license and I'll be able to take off like a rocket. Actually, I just wished I had an adult to wait with at the driver's test place, so that I can go when there's a free space, because I'm got a few clients who are willing to get atleast monthly visits.

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                      Adrian...do yourself a favor and treat your parents to a Thank You dinner with your first big check. That gratitude will go a long way in saying, "Thanks mom and dad for being there when I couldn't do it myself" heck maybe you mom will even give you her van for your business.
                      I'll combine the congratulatory dinner when my Mom and cousin gets their business up (my Mom is in the planning phases of an embroidery service, while my older cousin [married and has a kid] will start their own handi-trans service).

From what I see, everyone will plan their business this year, and the first month of service will be in January. Maybe we'll even form an alliance of some sort. A family that can fix computers, embroider shirts, and transport care home clients. Maybe a small SUV will be too small to put all of that on the rear... LOL
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Oh, no need worry about damage when carrying a computer in the car. I put it in the back seat and put the seat belt around the case, make 'um look like a passenger. The computer is my aunt's, so she trusts me in transporting it (then fix it).

Its weird because now that I have the magnetic sign, I get people smiling at me when they pass me (if it was a cute girl, then I wouldn't mind). Plus, today I wore my "No I won't fix your computer" shirt so I also got a lot of stares at the store afterewards.

Comment

I Passed My Drivers License Test!!!!111!!1!!!one

Four hours ago, I passed my drivers license test at Pearl City. We drove up Wamanalo Rd, then into a suburb and back to the station. Unfortunately, I passed with 15 errors (5 for one, 5 for another, and a 3 and a 2 - I forgot which was which, but one of them was going too slow, and I was going the speed limit up Wamanalo).

While signing up for the walk in test, I discovered that the dealer we bought the Ford Taurus from don't have the vehicle registration and that the documents were copied (the requirements didn't mention the original document) so we went back and got the van.

Comment

Plus, today I wore my "No I won't fix your computer" shirt so I also got a lot of stares at the store afterewards.
                            isn't this shirt kind of working against what your trying to do

Or does the back of the shirt say...."unless you pay me!"

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                              isn't this shirt kind of working against what your trying to do
                              My aunt understood the concept. Basically I wanted people to approach me and say "why won't you fix my computer" then I'll hand them my card. I'm a quiet person, so unless I have some friends to back me up, then I'll never talk to strangers.

Comment

Re: I Passed My Drivers License Test!!!!111!!1!!!one

Originally posted by doc1456
                                Four hours ago, I passed my drivers license test at Pearl City.
                                Congratulations! Did you ever decide what kind of car you're getting?

Comment

Working...
                                X