This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rail Transit

KITV also interviewed the state's DOT director on the matter.

If the city can't come up with documentation backing up the Mayor's account, then I'll call it as I see it.

Mufi is caught in a lie.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

hi i just heard donavon d that he somewhat doesnt support rail like pp and he's someone imoho wont vote for is my vote would be for kcaldwell is he'll save rail and that'll make me smile

well thank's for your time

Comment

It has probably already been said, but I am sure the real reason the City never mentioned or brought up the issue of having to make changes to the rail design due to the airport being in the way was to hide the true cost of the project.

By not adding in the added cost of re-designing that part of the rail system (to be in compliance with the FAA and so it would not infringe on the airport) the City was able to keep the true cost of the rail system down.

They knew all along about that airport issue, but I believe they chose to ignore it deliberately so that they could go with a lower pricetag for the taxpayers and the City Council to see.

Comment

Of course! Did you notice that as the price tag rises, the estimated federal contribution does not? We'll be lucky if the feds chip in 20% of the final tab (while 40%+ goes to out-of-state businesses). What do we get for all our outlay, a more powerful transportation union to squeeze us dry. Have a nice day!
          Last edited by salmoned; June 24, 2010, 10:36 AM.
          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

it was reported yesterday that the seattle light rail has a per ride taxpayer subsidized cost of 200.00. thats per person per ride! and has done nothing to mitigate traffic into the city.
            we can look fwd to similar results and our monies lining the pockets of overpriced contractors and greedy politicians side deals.....
            the only reason for a boondoggle of this size is greed and corruption.
            the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
              it was reported yesterday that the seattle light rail has a per ride taxpayer subsidized cost of 200.00. thats per person per ride! and has done nothing to mitigate traffic into the city.
              we can look fwd to similar results and our monies lining the pockets of overpriced contractors and greedy politicians side deals.....
              the only reason for a boondoggle of this size is greed and corruption.
              Totally agree.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

hi,my aunt my mom's baby sis who's in her late60's that she agree's with our former mayor if he become's gov that she know's in her heart that she believe's he mufi will keep the rail going since if it happen's that something unfortunate happen's,we'll all be stuck in trafficgridlock all of our live's.

my eldest sis would share the same setiment's also.

Comment

hi,i'd like to share of what i heard on the local news,

they say ots the bus people say's like someone running for gov.

that they say they have some new thing's in the bus and to be paitent and that we'd all get through this,i disagree is we'd all be in trafficgridlock if someone running for mayor was victorious. this is why we would need rail so this wont happen.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                    that they say they have some new thing's in the bus and to be paitent and that we'd all get through this,i disagree is we'd all be in trafficgridlock if someone running for mayor was victorious. this is why we would need rail so this wont happen.
                    They have more fare increases for us, that's about it. That and probably even tighter cramped seats and more annoyingly loud announcements.

Rail, if it ever get's completed... will be a huge disappointment to those that are hoping for any traffic relief.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

hi mr rwhitfield.i respect your opinion.
                      only i do disagree is due to the bus fare increase,it'll cost more to ride the bus than rail.

if we would've had rail when deceased mayor mr fasi was in office.no one would have to worry about it,only he mr fasi shared with mr hanneman to accomplish his dream and mr h is doing it,even though i live in a place that we only would need a good type of transportation. and that in our place.rail wouldnt be where i live,in the other part's of the island,they'd need it is if you watch the news.

you'd find trafficgridlock and congestion and accident's so this is the true reason we'd need rail.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                        1) only i do disagree is due to the bus fare increase,it'll cost more to ride the bus than rail.
                        2) if we would've had rail when deceased mayor mr fasi was in office. no one would have to worry about it
                        3) you'd find trafficgridlock and congestion and accident's so this is the true reason we'd need rail.
                        Yo, sansei, thank you for your thots.
                        1) We don't know what the rail fares will be. That is one unnerving point right there. It'll have to be 'competitive' with The Bus or that's a loser to start with. It's $2.50 a pop, at this time, no telling what it will be in the years it takes to get rail rolling. Is anyone willing to pay $4 per ride on a limited rail route?
                        2) Agreed. If rail would have been instituted way back when, I would possibly had more faith in the whole project. With Mufi behind at least the the gist of it, no way. To him it was just a political move. Now that he's gone, he couldn't care less.
                        3) Not much more than what we have now.

I see it as a looming disaster from start to unending finish, one that will cost us dearly beyond just $. And then what are it's chances of true success in curing our woes?

Comment

Rail will be integrated with The Bus service. That basically means both will have the same fare schedule and bus service will be altered to minimize duplication of the rail route - they will NOT compete with each other, else rail would lose on every conceivable equitably weighted metric.

[Parking expenses at rail stations has been excluded, of course.]
                          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                            Rail will be integrated with The Bus service. That basically means both will have the same fare schedule and bus service will be altered to minimize duplication of the rail route - they will NOT compete with each other, else rail would lose on every conceivable equitably weighted metric.

[Parking expenses at rail stations has been excluded, of course.]

In the FEIS, there is actual bus routes listed for the feeder routes from each station location. I don't know why people think it's a rail vs bus issue when a public transit system usually has several modes working in conjunction.

As for fare pricing....people look at a single fare. What about the monthly pass? That will be substantially cheaper than single fares.

Comment

So... you buy a bus pass and you can ride the rail too?

Comment

• TheRailBus Transit

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                                So... you buy a bus pass and you can ride the rail too?
                                That would be 2 cool. Justified, fair, economically advanced, etc., et. al.
                                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                                ~ ~
                                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X