Road rage incident claims bicyclist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Road rage incident claims bicyclist

Tutusue, I wouldnʻt let this type of isolated incident worry you. If anything, the Waianae/west coast community will now be stronger, united and more vigilant in protecting each other.

Whatever unfolds in this case, it all amounts to one thing: Karma.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I keep thinking about the one guy who watched from the car. Why didn't he participate? Morals? Fear? A banged up knee?

In any case, he ought to get himself some new friends.

The bystander effect is well documented. Sometimes called "Genovese syndrome" - named after a woman who was murdered in New York in 1965. There were numerous bystanders, but no one intervened.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercub
        I keep thinking about the one guy who watched from the car. Why didn't he participate? Morals? Fear? A banged up knee?

The bystander effect is well documented. Sometimes called "Genovese syndrome" - named after a woman who was murdered in New York in 1965. There were numerous bystanders, but no one intervened.
        Yes that was the one I was thinking about..."Genovese syndrome"

My brain still adjusting from last night

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
          Tutusue, I wouldn?t let this type of isolated incident worry you. If anything, the Waianae/west coast community will now be stronger, united and more vigilant in protecting each other.

Whatever unfolds in this case, it all amounts to one thing: Karma.
          Thanks, Pomai. Nah, I'm not worried, just sad that it happened to anyone in general and that it happened in Waianae in particular. I didn't even worry after the stabbing outside my bedroom window on New Years morning. However, I still feel sad for the child who witnessed it and her siblings, whose lives will never be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercub

The victim was Kitty Genovese. I think it occurred a few years before 1965, but I could be wrong. There were 38 people who did virtually nothing.

I suppose that when there are a lot of people around, each thinks that someone else will step in and do something.

Comment

I've read that the Genovese case was somewhat sensationalized by the media. Appartently, the bystanders didn't realize the severity of the situation. Most thought it was a lovers' quarrel and only witnessed a portion of the incident. Only two people saw that she was being stabbed, and the second person called the police (what's up with the first guy!?).

That's not to say that the bystander effect isn't real, but the Genovese case might not be the best example of the phenomenon.

Comment

Posted by tutusue: Is the nail salon in the small office building Makaha side of the Waianae Store?
                The small nail salon is right next to "Waianae Market" store on the DH side. Its in between the Vet & the store.

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy
                  The small nail salon is right next to "Waianae Market" store on the DH side. Its in between the Vet & the store.
                  Aha! Of course. I have seen it...just no need to remember it!

Comment

Two arrests...one more to go.

And I just realized I was thinking of and referring to the Waianae Store all along...not the Waianae Market. I've never been in that one. The majority of my grocery shopping is at Tamura's so it's easy for me to mix up the 2 Waianae named stores. My bad...I need to get out more!

Comment

Tutusue,
                      I believe Bad Guy III has been arrested, turned himself in like the other two.

I know it's a different thread and all--But is it possible that this horrific incident kept any sparks of road rage igniting throughout yesterday's ordeal?

Just a thought.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                        Tutusue,
                        I believe Bad Guy III has been arrested, turned himself in like the other two.

I know it's a different thread and all--But is it possible that this horrific incident kept any sparks of road rage igniting throughout yesterday's ordeal?

Just a thought.
                        Hadn't heard about #3. Good news.

An interesting thought about road rage. Too bad we'll never know.

Comment

Here ya go:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../br/br17p.html
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                            But is it possible that this horrific incident kept any sparks of road rage igniting throughout yesterday's ordeal?
                            Nah. Just shows that the majority of local folks are kind and courteous people who come together in times of need. There are bad apples out there, to be sure, but there are still far more good ones to offset the ugliness.

Now that they've arrested the three who did the beating, what about the driver? Will he be arrested as well?

Comment

He ought to be - he's an accessory. No different than the getaway driver when there's a bank robbery ..........

Comment

Working...
                              X