Crane crunches Aiea pedestrian overpass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crane crunches Aiea pedestrian overpass

Thanks for the heartfelt prayer, Auntie. I'm glad some of you and your loved ones are getting home okay. Keep us posted as you can Ryan!

Comment

There were many bussed that passed us and took the Radford exit too.

One lady said her sister left UH after the bus left town and got to home Kapolei at 8 pm. She went to Kaneohe and took the H3 back to Halawa and then jumped onto Kamehameha Highway.
      just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

I haven't heard a single bus on kapiolani blvd near tokai for nearly 2 hours... I guess there stuck out that side... Less yet... choke people waiting for the bus to come from diamond head direction... I don't think they realize that they are all stuck out ewa direction and will still have to go out diamondhead side and then back...

Oh geez... This is what the day after labor day is suppose to be like yeah?

Take a day off only to come back the next day to trauma's.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
          Thanks for the heartfelt prayer, Auntie. I'm glad some of you and your loved ones are getting home okay. Keep us posted as you can Ryan!
          You're very welcome glossyp! My God is an Awesome God. I pray to him whenever I feel happy or sad. He hears. He listens. He knows. He sees. He cares.

Love & Aloha

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Just heard from the better half. He and his two buddies have checked into the Ala Moana Hotel. The hotel is showing some aloha by discounting the room rate due to the situation.

Comment

Those of you at home can stop at the Honolulu traffic camera site for views of the traffic and the overpass in question. Pictures refresh every few minutes. You can click on the map to check other cameras out, but note that several in the Pearl City Area along Kam Hwy. are not working. Here is the link.

http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cameras/fastcheck.htm#cams

On this link you can click on the map (the little red C's):

http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cameras/pearlcity/

I had to call my friend back to tell him about the traffic since he is still in the Bus and has only progressed to the stadium since I last posted. He lives in Ewa Beach. Looks like things open up by the H1/H2
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

PZ - I must say I admire you for your patience...

If I was posting from my car right now on this thread stuck in this stuff... I would definately be banned for life for just my swear word usage alone!

I can't stand being stuck in traffic!!!

Your calm demeanor and almost fascination in this whole situation really shows how calm, collected, and prepared you are if something like a major disaster does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                  [...]Batteries, Cars being over heated causing mechanical problems,[...]
                  HOLEY FRIGGIN' MOLEY!!! My daughter had a 9:30p flight back to the mainland tonight. After seeing "Breaking News" we decided to forego dinner in town and head straight for the airport...at 6pm. She missed her flight and we just got to my office where we'll spend the night 'cuz my car's radiator blew in the middle of Nimitz at 7p. We waited close to 3 hours for AAA. The majority of the wait was due to traffic. The AAA driver was a saint. Before he could hook up to my car he had to manuever us away from a light pole by blocking one lane on Nimitz adding to the already wild congestion. He got us to the mechanic's shop, dropped the car, then drove us to my office, schlepping Staci's luggage from car to tow truck to office. During the ride he asked if we'd had dinner and since we hadn't, he offered to drive us to a fast food joint! Is that great customer service or what? I had plenty of food in the office so didn't need to take him up on his kind offer but...Stac and I were totally blown away by this young man's kindness.

He got...and deserved...a very nice tip!

Comment

OMG tutusue...

My heart felt feelings to you too...and geez... I'm sure there are plenty of other readers that I don't know...

But dang... to miss a flight must suck... I hope the airlines are sympathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                      HOLEY FRIGGIN' MOLEY!!! My daughter had a 9:30p flight back to the mainland tonight. After seeing "Breaking News" we decided to forego dinner in town and head straight for the airport...at 6pm. She missed her flight and we just got to my office where we'll spend the night 'cuz my car's radiator blew in the middle of Nimitz at 7p.
                      Tutusue, Did Staci have to pay extra for missing her flight? If she did whom can she bill for reimbursement and will you ask reimbursement for your radiator and towing services?

I'm glad you both are safe too.

Auntie Lynn
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; September 5, 2006, 11:30 PM.

Comment

HOLEY FRIGGIN' MOLEY!!! My daughter had a 9:30p flight back to the mainland tonight. After seeing "Breaking News" we decided to forego dinner in town and head straight for the airport...at 6pm. She missed her flight and we just got to my office where we'll spend the night 'cuz my car's radiator blew in the middle of Nimitz at 7p. We waited close to 3 hours for AAA. The majority of the wait was due to traffic. The AAA driver was a saint. Before he could hook up to my car he had to manuever us away from a light pole by blocking one lane on Nimitz adding to the already wild congestion. He got us to the mechanic's shop, dropped the car, then drove us to my office, schlepping Staci's luggage from car to tow truck to office. During the ride he asked if we'd had dinner and since we hadn't, he offered to drive us to a fast food joint! Is that great customer service or what? I had plenty of food in the office so didn't need to take him up on his kind offer but...Stac and I were totally blown away by this young man's kindness.

He got...and deserved...a very nice tip!
                        What a story! I have a feeling that no one (as in the Dept. of Transportation, etc.) had any idea what would happen when they decided to close down the H-1. Glad you are both safe and sound.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                          [...]If I was posting from my car right now on this thread stuck in this stuff... I would definately be banned for life for just my swear word usage alone!

I can't stand being stuck in traffic!!![...]
                          Ya know what, Manoa? I bet you would've done what I saw the majority of people do...go with the flow. There was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING anyone could do about it. One car with a couple of young adult males was at a stand still 2 lanes over from where I broke down. They had the music cranked up and both yelled out their windows..."this is for all of you in traffic"...and proceded to sing their hearts out. Staci and I burst out laughing.

There's nothing to accomplish by getting mad in a situation where every last thing is out of one's control. It is what it is and it was what it was. Period. Humor is the most important asset one can possess at a time like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                            Tutusue, Did Staci have to pay extra for missing her flight? If she did whom can she bill for reimbursement and will you ask reimbursement for your radiator and towing services?

I'm glad you both are safe too.

Auntie Lynn
                            Here lies the problem... it seems it was a government agency that caused the problem to begin with...

therefore... we all pay for it in taxes! All the way down to tutusue's daughters missed flight...etc... assuming she would press charges or ask for damages...that doesn't seem to be her style...

However, I'm sure there are going to be others out there wanting to be compensated for this.

However... we as taxpayers end up paying in the long run!

Comment

Ya know what, Manoa? I bet you would've done what I saw the majority of people do...go with the flow. There was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING anyone could do about it. One car with a couple of young adult males was at a stand still 2 lanes over from where I broke down. They had the music cranked up and both yelled out their windows..."this is for all of you in traffic"...and proceded to sing their hearts out. Staci and I burst out laughing.

There's nothing to accomplish by getting mad in a situation where every last thing is out of one's control. It is what it is and it was what it was. Period. Humor is the most important asset one can possess at a time like that.
                              Thank you tutu... I will keep that in mind next time...and when you see a psycho guy beebopping in his car all to himself... just be glad I'm not honking the horn!

Comment

Yes, Tutusue it surely is! It is when a crisis such as this occur when true compassion of others come shining through. Strangers helping strangers. No one left by themselves. There is no judging of race, creed, religion or color. Humor becomes the key to open the doors in which to bring smiles and laughters when things seem bleak and dark.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X