Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Safety check

Originally posted by Brandon007
    Hell I can be a cop if I wanted to and use my best judgement to pull over who ever and whenever. There are two cop behaviors: reactive and proactive in police work. Whether or not the cop wants to ticket, his/her Chief points out what needs to be enforced at the time. Reactive police work happens when someone parks in the red zone-bam! a ticket...proactive works the opposite-going out and seeking the "hot spots" for drug trafficing and whatnot.

Whether or not this tint thing gets on my nerves, its the law. But I think my tinted windows makes my car look better. Black on black is just way too sexy. (as long as its not raining)

my 2cents,

Brandon
    Best statement youv'e said on here yet Brandon...

Hawaii needs cops... screw school already and join the police academy over here...

You seem like you have a good shoulder on your head...

I personally know of 3 people that have graduated from UH Manoa...then had nothing better to do and couldn't find a job...then attended police academy and became officers.... Starting pay isn't the greatest...but it's a job!

Comment

To stray a tiny bit.....any suggestions on good, reasonably priced places on Oahu for legal tinting?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon007
        I am still shocked that "...Hawaii's age of sexual consent is 14, the lowest in the United States.." (star bulletin) Sorry I got off on a tangent here.
        Sorry, I have to clarify this one - that age of consent only applies if the 14-year-old’s partner is under 18. If you are an adult, you can only have sex with another adult. Period.

And now we return you to your regularly scheduled topic.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
          Sorry, I have to clarify this one - that age of consent only applies if the 14-year-old’s partner is under 18. If you are an adult, you can only have sex with another adult. Period.

And now we return you to your regularly scheduled topic.
          Thanks for the edit!

Comment

**Update**

I am going one step further into this expensive registration/safety check requirement for my car.

Today, my Volvo is get its tint R&R with a lighter shade so I can be legal here on the great state of Hawaii. Yay for Bureaucracy!

By they way, I have been here for more than a month without registering my car in HI, but do have current reg. for CA, do I get penalized? I havent asked the DMV yet.

Comment

As I recall, your current California registration is good till it expires. Same for your driver's license.

But, best not to wait to the last minute to switch over.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific
                As I recall, your current California registration is good till it expires. Same for your driver's license.

But, best not to wait to the last minute to switch over.

Whenever the conversations get to a lull in a group, I pull out my driver's license and tell everybody the government knows when you're gonna die.

I point out all the things on a license that tells anyone looking at it what height, weight and eye color you are/have. It also tells you the date you were born and to the right...it tells you the day you're gonna die...your expiration date.

So the moral of this story is to make sure you don't let your license expire because it's gonna be Hell to pay to renew your life again.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

So the moral of this story is to make sure you don't let your license expire because it's gonna be Hell to pay to renew your life again.

ROFLLLLLLLLLLL
                  Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X