Personal Yachts, Planes and Helicopters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Personal Yachts, Planes and Helicopters

I stayed away from dis thread cuase of the TITLE!

Dumb me.

I got an airplane, a yacht and a helicopter.

Honest.

I'm not crazy.

PM me.

Auntie Lynn

BTW: I'm SINGLE!!!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      I stayed away from dis thread cuase of the TITLE!

Dumb me.

I got an airplane, a yacht and a helicopter.

Honest.

I'm not crazy.

PM me.

Auntie Lynn

BTW: I'm SINGLE!!!
      And I'm Bill Gate's sole heir.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

You can go interisland in a 40-foot fishing boat. But be ready to spend several hours enroute. Oahu to Maui is about 100 miles and typical cruise speed is 10 knots. And you can fish on the way. However, be aware that those wonderful trade winds will make the crossing a bit rough most of the time.

Helicopters can go interisland but forget about trying for the Mainland. No helicopter has that kind of range.

Twin-engine prop planes can make it but you're gonna be in the air for at least 10 hours. Even single-engine planes have made it. But there's room for only one person and a whole lot of temporary fuel tanks.

Single-engine planes can go anywhere in the state. The four-seaters can take four adults and light carry-ons. Not much luggage. Medium and heavy twins can carry much more reasonable loads. Be ready to spend somewher around $5 per gallon of gas. And a single-engie Piper Warrior will burn about 10 of those gallons per hour. Medium-to-heavy twins can easily burn three times that.

What's nice about flying a private plane is that you come and go as you please. Don't have to hassle with TSA. Go to a different island if you change your mind. And nobody's gonna take your sunscreen and pocket knife away at the gate.

Comment

Composite 2992: Thank-you very much for your post. Very helpful. Just the kind of information I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
          X