Injured pair see red as flying bra triggers rollover accident on I-75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Injured pair see red as flying bra triggers rollover accident on I-75

I sure hope HPD handles these types of incidents with a bit more common sense. I get pretty upset when people flick their cigarettes out the window, and it happens often in urban O‘ahu.

One of these days I’ll ditch the “honk my horn and/or tail the guy” propensity in favor of a 9-11 call. Old habits die hard, but this thread makes me curious.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
      source

This is why we should raise the driving age to 20. (hey, I didn't get my license until two months ago, and I'm alright.)

20? We should just raise it to 25 where the insurance breaks happen (for a reason). But at least 21 because of the drinking age.

Yeah yeah yeah and they can lower both eligibility ages to 18 only if they join the Military or the Peace Corps or something like that.

I love but hate that excuse: If an 18-year old is old enough to die for his country, he's old enough to drink...okay so join the Army and then I'll buy ya a drink. Not willing to join? Then stick to Pepsi.

So anyway before I get accused of derailing this thread (which I already did ) I agree with basically all subsequent posts here (sorry Adrian but I do think if you're gonna state an age, you may as well make it 21 and keep it inline with our drinking age).
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

The important questions here is what size the bra was
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
          The important questions here is what size the bra was
          Before or after it was run over?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            [...](sorry Adrian but I do think if you're gonna state an age, you may as well make it 21 and keep it inline with our drinking age).
            And...no high school diploma, no drivers license...regardless of the age. JMHO, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              And...no high school diploma, no drivers license...regardless of the age. JMHO, of course!
              Well I don't think we should connect a drivers license with public education because at the rate we're failing our keiki, no one would be driving...hmmmm I get it now this is a conspiracy to keep minors from driving! Fail em in school while passing a law connecting grade point averages to driver eligibilty!

One thing I've noticed is that when they raised the drinking age from 18 to 21 here in Hawaii, it hasn't curbed the amount of underaged drinking. As a matter of fact teenage alcohol related deaths seem to be more and more common in our newspapers.

But back to the bra...

Comment

I'm waiting for someone to connect the thoughts here, and suggest raising the minimum brassiere-wearing age to 21.

Not me, though. I'm not gonna say that, nuh-uh...I was never here, none of you saw me post this...

Comment

I'm wondering if, by applying some basic laws of physics, that bra could be considered a dangerous projectile (pun intended)? I mean, if a pebble can cause a windshield of crack, couldn't an underwire bra flying at 60 mph do some damage to a car too?

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    Well I don't think we should connect a drivers license with public education because at the rate we're failing our keiki, no one would be driving...hmmmm I get it now this is a conspiracy to keep minors from driving! Fail em in school while passing a law connecting grade point averages to driver eligibilty![...]
                    But back to the bra...
                    Or...give 'em an incentive to stay in school and keep their grades at a passing level. And, within the context of drivers ed. cover the finer points (so to speak) of the dangers of hanging bras from antennas while full throttle on a highway!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                      I'm wondering if, by applying some basic laws of physics, that bra could be considered a dangerous projectile (pun intended)? I mean, if a pebble can cause a windshield of crack, couldn't an underwire bra flying at 60 mph do some damage to a car too?

Miulang
                      Well if a piece of foam can destroy a space shuttle I could imagine a bra could do much worse to something less sophisticated.

Comment

Update:

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) -- A teenager who put her bra on a car antenna before it flew off and led to a highway accident will be charged with littering, a prosecutor said...
                        A State Highway Patrol crash report, obtained by The Blade, said that the girls told investigators that before the accident the men were motioning to them to lift up their shirts. Both men denied making the gestures.
                        http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
                        Seems like the guys were interested in a little eye candy

Comment

Working...
                        X