Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oil Change Question

Originally posted by Alarick View Post
    If he had black hair, that is Wesley, i used to work with him as an advisor over at Island Chevy.Sometimes he has good days, sometimes he is an ass.
    You are correct, that is the person.

One other thing was, I called up three weeks previously to make an appointment. October 5th rolls around and Wesley had no record of the appointment.He did still take my truck anyway

But just as a rule of thumb, if they replaced your air filter with out asking, that's a big no no.Go back, complain till they give you your money back.
    No dealership anywhere ever should do ANY work on your vehicle that you do not TELL THEM TO DO.If they do, bitch your way up the food chain (service advisor, service manager, general manager) till the issue is resolved.
    Interesting. Well I've already created waves when I thought I had a problem with truck about a month before (October 5th). That didn't gain me many kudo points with Wesley or the dealership in general. I have a extended warranty on my truck (5 years or 75K), I don't want to burn any bridges if I need warranty work down the line.

And Ford could very well have screwed up your oil plug.
    Most dealerships have "Oil Change Techs" that all they do is oil changes and very basic stuff, normaly there is a reason they are only doing oil changes.
    Are oil plugs that fragile ? I'm asking as I had taken my truck in to an independent oil changing place in the old industrial area 4 times previously. I suspected they screwed up the plug.As I find it hard to fathom that Orchid Isle could screw it up when the other place took it out and put back the oil plug 4 times.

I've been in quandary since then, should I keep taking it to that place in the old industrial area for oil changes or to Ford. Since Orchid Isle didn't give me the bad oil plug I really have no evidence either way . I like the convenience
    of the place in the old industrial, but not at the expense they'll screw up my oil plug.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

It's not that the oil plugs are fragile, it's just that most of the oil change only techs are not that good, that's why they just do oil changes.
      It only takes a second to crossthread a bolt/oil plug, and it's FUBARed.

But since you have the extended warranty, it probably is a good idea to just let it go at this point.

Personally, i would take the vehicle someplace other than the one you have been, but not ford for the regular service, just make sure you keep all the paperwork.
      If you ever need to make an engine related warranty claim, they will want to see your records.

Another idea may be to buy another oil plug online and keep it in your glove box, in case this situation happens again it'll save you a couple of bucks.
      Got Absinthe?

Comment

My next big service is at 30K miles, I might probably take it someplace else.
        As it is a huge pain the a$$ to get a service appointment at Orchid Isle.
        That being said, I really wished I asked for the busted oil plug. Now I'm
        I'm just in a quandary where I should take my truck to get an oil change.
        I'm 60% sure that quickie oil change place in the old industrial FUBARed it.
        As I took it to them 4 times previously for a oil change. I know at 3000K
        miles the tech had problems getting the oil plug out at that quickie place.
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
          My next big service is at 30K miles, I might probably take it someplace else.
          As it is a huge pain the a$$ to get a service appointment at Orchid Isle.
          That being said, I really wished I asked for the busted oil plug. Now I'm
          I'm just in a quandary where I should take my truck to get an oil change.
          I'm 60% sure that quickie oil change place in the old industrial FUBARed it.
          As I took it to them 4 times previously for a oil change. I know at 3000K
          miles the tech had problems getting the oil plug out at that quickie place.
          Is there another quick oil change shop around? The one you went to the last four times seems to be the culprit but it doesn't mean all other quick oil change shops are just as bad. It's always a gamble no matter what shop you take it to so I don't see any probs with just going to another quick oil change shop.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
            Is there another quick oil change shop around? The one you went to the last four times seems to be the culprit but it doesn't mean all other quick oil change shops are just as bad. It's always a gamble no matter what shop you take it to so I don't see any probs with just going to another quick oil change shop.
            Unfortunately no, Kailua-Kona is a one trick pony as far as oil changes. I'm
            probably going to end up going back to dealership to do it.
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
            X