Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HPD cars flashing lights to go through red lights

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post
    but you know whats more annoying? 2:00am quiet night, no cars on the road, and REEEOOOOW......REEEOOOOOOW.....REEEOOOOOOOW (ten seconds later) HOOOOOOONK.....HOOOOOOONK....REEEOOOOORRRRWWW..... RREEEEEOOOOOOOORRRWW....down Ala Wai Blvd. aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! thats so frr..furga.fartfignugen!

Still Salty,

KaYa. T.
    Once you've lived along the Ala Wai for close to a decade... you don't even notice them... I kid you not! I sleep right through them!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
      Once you've lived along the Ala Wai for close to a decade... you don't even notice them... I kid you not! I sleep right through them!
      Eew a decade, no thats ok, we ended moving anyway~now I'm on Kapiolani....still the same if not worse~we pretty much witnessed the pedestrian get hit right in front Femme Nu the other day..
      sigpic

Comment

It can't be worse den living in MWH. Ambulance and Fire sirens 24/7 due to the hospitals in the area. Helocopters flying over transporting patients to Queens or looking for a suspect! Den there's the ever increasing problems of Gangs and Illegal Activities...an occasional Bang Bang!!!

When HPD comes into MWH I can sleep better. They've parked in front of my HALE many a times investigating cases cause I live by the parking lot. Blue lights flashing, talking story, etc. I don't mind at all.

I'm use to it as well as respect them for doing a job that is dangerous and difficult!

Yeah, yeah...there are the bad apples dat exist.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          It can't be worse den living in MWH. Ambulance and Fire sirens 24/7 due to the hospitals in the area. Helocopters flying over transporting patients to Queens or looking for a suspect! Den there's the ever increasing problems of Gangs and Illegal Activities...an occasional Bang Bang!!!

Auntie Lynn

yea u win aunty hands down or should I say, "Hands-Up"!! LOL
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah.... I've been on a walk with her through MWH one night...
            It's not great... she wins this contest hands up! I even saw two cops in Pua Lane scoping things out and I have Video footage of me arriving at MWH with an Ambulance Flashing its lights in front of another building....

I was only making comments on the Ala Wai sirens!

Auntie...

I do hope you get your transfer soon!

Comment

Yeah.... I've been on a walk with her through MWH one night...
              It's not great... she wins this contest hands up! I even saw two cops in Pua Lane scoping things out and I have Video footage of me arriving at MWH with an Ambulance Flashing its lights in front of another building....

I was only making comments on the Ala Wai sirens!

Auntie...

I do hope you get your transfer soon!
              My request is in. I can't wait to get OUT!!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post
                One time, I was at an intersection and I was behind an HPD car, the light turned green and he didn't go, so I kinda waited, still didn't move, so I beeped my horn, a friendly toot~you know da kine like the fast' beep, beep'. I saw him look in his rear view mirror, he put his car in park and WAITED 'til the light was red, couple seconds later~ he uses his light to pass through the red!!!!frig...shuga...frrart!
                I maybe the first to tell you this: OWNED!!! LMAO!!!
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Gangs and Illegal Activities

Let's see. Illegal Activities.

Prostitution: A victimless crime. Just ask Nevada.
                  Drug Sales: Laws keep price high and profits healthy.

Now what OTHER illegal activities are commonplace in MWH? If it is really a high crime area, perhaps we should see many other kinds of crimes besides the two that should not be crimes.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post

Now what OTHER illegal activities are commonplace in MWH? If it is really a high crime area, perhaps we should see many other kinds of crimes besides the two that should not be crimes.
                    TK... I know your not on Oahu...

MWH is a well known haven for all kinds of criminal activity!

Shootings happen at least once a year... if not more... and domestic abuse... well there's not much stats on it because of the lack of people willing to come forward... but I have heard of horror stories of some of the domestics that happen in there that never get reported for one reason or another....Breaking and entering...daily...Underage alcohol use daily... drugs... daily... etc...

Sheesh even aunties own car has been vandalized in front of her hale...

MWH is not safe.

What is your point to your post?

Comment

Since you asked.

Robberies: Three in the last two weeks. One when the tenants were asleep. Their apartment is located near the Security Guard Shack. Went through the front door when the couple were asleep. Passed the brother-inlaw who was asleep too. Went to the wife's side and grabbed her purse. Hi-tailed it out. Suspect was seen but got away.

Assaults: Common. Too much to list.

Domestic Abuse: Too much to list.

Child Abuse: Yeah, it's happening. Children are not being cared for. They can be out late at night ~ not having dinner.

I can go on and on.

I tried my best to help make it betta. I LOST....by an Election full with discrepancies. It's time to move on.

Auntie Lynn

Btw: Since the Election...nothing has improved. Same BS.

Bang Bang @ MWH! Eeeekkk! http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=856

Officials Covering Up Their OKOLES!!! http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=859
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; November 13, 2006, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                        I maybe the first to tell you this: OWNED!!! LMAO!!!
                        HUH? Sorry Mr. Doc, I don't get it?1?
                        sigpic

Comment

regarding prostitution, yes it's victimless but here this trade typically represents the front for illegal drug trafficing.

regarding drug sales, it's part of prostitution. They go hand in hand and both are detrimental to society.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            regarding prostitution, yes it's victimless but here this trade typically represents the front for illegal drug trafficing.

regarding drug sales, it's part of prostitution. They go hand in hand and both are detrimental to society.
                            Prostitution is NOT a victimless crime! Many of the women who go into prostitution (especially the street prostitutes) have pimps who brainwash them and abuse them. If they try to escape their pimps, they end up being bruised and battered, or worse--dead. It's a typical male belief that the prostitutes choose to lead such dangerous lives. Wrong, wrong, wrong. They do it because sometimes they only have their bodies to sell and no other skills, and they need money to survive. They do it because they need the money to feed their habits (or their kids). They do it because men are willing to pay for their services. If some men didn't have itchy genitals, do you think there would be prostitutes? And I'm pretty sure the number of domestic violence cases would skyrocket if there were no prostitutes.

Miulang
                            Last edited by Miulang; November 13, 2006, 09:05 PM.
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              Prostitution is NOT a victimless crime! Many of the women who go into prostitution (especially the street prostitutes) have pimps who brainwash them and abuse them. If they try to escape their pimps, they end up being bruised and battered, or worse--dead.
                              Since you are going to go this route, Miulang, I have to respond that you don’t need a pimp to be a prostitute. In fact, many of them work in clean, safe environments here in Hawai‘i known as “Oriental Relaxation Therapy” centers, which HPD rarely prosecute. The closest thing to a pimp they have is a “mama-san” who is more like a property manager if anything else. Besides that fact, pimps assaulting/abusing prostitutes is a SEPARATE crime from the actual prostitution. Prostitutes may be more at risk, but it seems clear craig is referring only to the act of engaging in sex for money.

Back to the topic, it does seem like a legitimate argument that officers may only flash their lights at an intersection to avoid drawing too much attention to them. Particularly if a crime is in progress, it’s easier and safer to surprise a suspect then to chase one.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Here's a Story that caught my eye dis morning!
                                http://starbulletin.com/2006/11/14/news/briefs.html

Police, Fire, Courts
                                Star-Bulletin staff

"Police chase suspect over Pali -- and back
                                Police arrested a 22-year-old man who allegedly led officers on a trans-Koolau chase early Saturday.

Police said an officer tried to pull the man over on the H-1 freeway in Kalihi at 2:33 a.m. on suspicion of drunken driving.

Police said the man refused to stop and led police on a chase on the freeway, then to the Windward side on Pali Highway.

There he was arrested for investigation of first- and second-degree criminal property damage, drunken driving, resisting arrest, identity theft and three counts of second-degree assault against a law enforcement officer.

The man was later released pending investigation."

Heloooooooo? What is wrong with dis? They should have kept him in JAIL! Pending investigation? So he can continue to go on rampage and endanger innocent victims?

I must be dreaming. I going try get up again.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X