Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you park at home?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    And if you're feeling awkward you pull in crooked?
    I see things crooked. Whether I back in or pull forward into a parking space, it's ALWAYS crooked.

Comment

Okay, this is ridiculous. I had to move my car because my Dad wanted to go out, and I reversed into his parking spot in less than 10 seconds w/out thinking. The thing is, that I got up 15 minutes ago and I did it like it was nothing.

*wonders if he can drive in reverse*
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I split my time between two homes. I pull into the one with a garage since it's a tight fit with my husband's big ole honkin' truck in there and I back into my space at the other place since it's a very wide girth.

Oh, and when parking at the grocery store, instead of looking for a close spot, I look for the spot in which the two spaces facing each other are empty. This way I can pull forward into the "front" space without having to back into it, so that when I leave I don't have to back out. I'm always afraid I'm not going to see a little kid out of my back window or someone else backing out so I try to avoid backing out when possible.

Oh, and I thought I was the only one that noticed men tend to back into a spot while women more commonly drive into a spot. I wonder why that is?
        Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

I attempt to drive straight in, and NOE reverses.
          ___
          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            Ahhh another pet peeve of mine...

When I see a Compact Only sign on the only open stall at WalMart and I'm driving my AstroVan past all the compact cars parking in all the regular stalls.

At that point I cram my van into the next available stall regardless if it says Compact Only. If the security guard tells me to remove my van I tell em, "Then get those friggin compacts outta the regular stalls so I can park there".
            Another pet peeve of mine...

When I see non-compacts parked in compact stalls. Compact stalls are made shorter and narrower than regular stalls. When big behemoths park there, it makes it harder to pull out. Bigger vehicles are simply being inconsiderate by parking in compact stalls. There, I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by ploal5333 View Post
              Another pet peeve of mine...

When I see non-compacts parked in compact stalls. Compact stalls are made shorter and narrower than regular stalls. When big behemoths park there, it makes it harder to pull out. Bigger vehicles are simply being inconsiderate by parking in compact stalls. There, I said it.
              Parking Peeves, eh?

In the parking structure at work, chumps with "nice cars" take the end stall, so they can space their car away from the next car over so they don't get door-dinged. The end stall being located closest to the center of the structure where ALL the vehicles circling the causeway must go around.

So Mr. Hummer and Mrs. "Bling Bling" Titan QuadCab is sticking way out, making it even more of a challenge for everyone else to negotiate that tight-radius turn. And, this often occurs on more than one floor!

Perhaps when their car gets side-swiped they'll stop this kind of inconsiderate parking.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                Parking Peeves, eh?

In the parking structure at work, chumps with "nice cars" take the end stall, so they can space their car away from the next car over so they don't get door-dinged. The end stall being located closest to the center of the structure where ALL the vehicles circling the causeway must go around.

So Mr. Hummer and Mrs. "Bling Bling" Titan QuadCab is sticking way out, making it even more of a challenge for everyone else to negotiate that tight-radius turn. And, this often occurs on more than one floor!

Perhaps when their car gets side-swiped they'll stop this kind of inconsiderate parking.
                Or.... when they park on an angle taking up 2 or 3 spaces so they won't get door-dinged.

Comment

Working...
                X