This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a predatory nature only US can love , Re: Hawaii $uperfascUSterry

Palolo Joe, 27Aug2007;161502 --- "At least I'm not the only one (or two) who see through the lies, fear-mongering and all-around BULL.

Oh, and I got $5 fares to Kauai for two cars and eight people. We're gonna holoholo next week! " ---

Well Lolololojo, you either went nowhere slowly or you're on Kauai without a camping permit or sleeping on the side of the road somewhere more than likely. Don't know if you need to take advantage of the fact that when you, even eight of you or more, are already qualified or are able to quaify for public welfare coupons word is (as many are aware) that you can use your vehicle as your residence "address" and have your coupons delivered by general mail to the U.S. Post Office of your choice on Kauai.

It's all so conveniently deceptive for those militarUSt$ capitalUSt$ who did as has profitably been done in Iraq and Palestine: initiate terrorUSt$ conditions upon a people, a peoples, a culture, a nation, a region, a continent that is not --not in step with, not aligned with-- US (capitalUSts, militarUSts, corporatUSt$, terrorUSts, USraeli) of the U.S. which impels the people, the peoples, the culture, the nation, the region, the continent to fight amongst themselves allowing US, to profit from both destruction and promisesorry notes toward "re-construction"...until US can act as an "honest broker" "for peace and prosperity", not to mention "freedom and democracy".

By the way Lolololojo, where did (would have) you and your Oahuan holoholo friends stay on Kauai? At relatives? At a Kauai County public park? A State park? You have permits,,,think you need them? Could you and your eight Oahuan comrades afford to return to Oahu if, God (may not) forbid, your ferry service was unavailable?

To be sure, every reef, every stream on Kaua`i is spoken for and cared for by local families when it comes to limu, squid, opihi, wi, fish, lobster, prawns, everything the waters sustain. Then there's local surfers of all ethnicities whose culture is very understandably not one of "hey, everybody come over here". Hawaii Island mentality is not so different from Kaua'i, but Honolulu/Kona haole-like mentality is not even of Hawaii, rather it of a predatory nature only US can love.
    Last edited by waioli kai; August 30, 2007, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 5

Mel you just supported my claim that a car is an extension of one's ego. Whether it be a massive black SUV to compensate for other anatomical deficiencies that some may feel insecure about or driving a no-frills car it is a representation of one's self.

You drive a straightforward car much like your persona, no fancy frills. Some guys like to drive big lifted 4-wheelers even though the only thing close to off roading for these chumps is when they over shoot their paved driveways and run over the grass on the curb and they worry their rims will get muddy. Oh brother real champs they are.

Then there's the insecure female that needs the power of a big Envoy with 22-inch wheels that can run over the likes of Mel in his Toyota Corolla. It's all attitude and ego.

We've heard of road rage, yet how can someone who is timid by nature become a fanatical monster when put behind the wheel of a car?

Yes Mel it IS all about the car. Like I said if the SF were just a passenger only boat, none of this would matter, but it's all about the cars and more importantly, the cars from Oahu.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

You drive a straightforward car much like your persona, no fancy frills.
        It's not an ego thing. It is something that had to fit my price and budget. That's it. If I were to buy a car strictly because I wanted something flashy, I'd get a Lexus... but they're very expensive. So I buy a used Toyota. The only fancy add on that I put on it was a $20 wired transmitter that allow me to play my iPod through the car radio.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

• healthful dose of common sense , Re: Hawaii superfascUSterry - Chapter 5

_
          --- '... it's all about the cars and more importantly, the cars from Oahu.' ...

A healthful dose of common sense can do wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
            It's not an ego thing. It is something that had to fit my price and budget. That's it. If I were to buy a car strictly because I wanted something flashy, I'd get a Lexus... but they're very expensive. So I buy a used Toyota. The only fancy add on that I put on it was a $20 wired transmitter that allow me to play my iPod through the car radio.
            Precisely my point Mel. You drive what you're all about and for you you drive what you can afford. That is responsible but that's also your ego too and a good one at that.

If ego played no part then why do we have cars in a myriad of colors, styles, options and even manufacturer. We choose what we drive for several reasons but none are really objective. We all want to drive what we desire and that emotional cue is what drives our egos.

If you had a choice between two identical cars but each a different color, you'd pick the one that appeals to you...or rather your ego. Would you drive a pink car over a blue one? Answer that one and you'll discover you too have a preference over objectivity and that's your ego.

If you had the wealth to chose a Lexus or your Toyota Corolla, you said you'd buy a Lexus. IF you had the resources. Your ego told you to buy what you could afford. Both cars get you from point A to B but one does it in style.

It's all about the cars. Nothing else.

Comment

• Re: pigs, coasties and confessions , Re: Hawaii $uperfascUSterry - Chapter 5

Originally posted by waioli kai View Post
              Having been commissioned in and honorably discharged from the U.S. Coast Guard I will tell you that being called "a Coastie" generated a feeling not unlike a policeman being called "a cop" not so long ago when the word "cop" directed toward a policeman was disrespectful. Maybe the day is coming when "cops" will not take offense at being called "a pig" by those who cannot muster the respectful syllables required to say "a policeman" then Coast Guardsmen can be called "coast-huggers" except that that is too many syllables to accomodate the preferences of idiocy.

My brother-in-law is an Active Duty U.S. Coast Guard Admiral and a graduate of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. I phoned him and my sis this evening to ask what they thought of the word "Coastie". Neither one of them thought that Coastie is a disrespectful or negative term. He stated that it's not a term that Coast Guardsmen call each other, but more how others might refer to someone in the Coast Guard. He definitely did not think it was in the same league as policemen being called "pigs". I'm guessing that it's more like a Marine being called a leatherneck or a jarhead....more of an endearing term than a derogatory term. Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                You drive what you're all about and for you you drive what you can afford. That is responsible but that's also your ego too and a good one at that.

Your ego told you to buy what you could afford. Both cars get you from point A to B but one does it in style.
                It's not ego, it's practicality, finances and priorities. There's nothing egocentric about a plain jane Toyota Corolla.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Whether it be a massive black SUV to [B]compensate for other anatomical deficiencies that some may feel insecure [/B]about or driving a no-frills car it is a representation of one's self.
                  <mind wandering>

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
                    I'm guessing that it's more like a Marine being called a leatherneck or a jarhead....more of an endearing term than a derogatory term. Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it! LOL
                    Absolutely as I intended it when I stated that in the original post.

Remember, this comes from the typing fingers of a "sewer pipe sailor."

AhhhhOooooGaaaaaahhhh!

Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

It's not ego, it's practicality, finances and priorities. There's nothing egocentric about a plain jane Toyota Corolla.
                      MELLLLLLL your ego is one of practicality and priorities. Ego doesn't mean an exageration of one's persona it is just who you are. You like to drive practical cars...just like yourself...PRACTICAL. Geez I'm trying to compliment you on your attitude.

And for the record, while in the Air Force we were called Flyboys, the Marines were called Jarheads, Army was Ditch Diggers.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                        Remember, this comes from the typing fingers of a "sewer pipe sailor."

Not be confused with a "swabbie" or a "groundpounder" huh?

Comment

You like to drive practical cars.
                          I don't think it's like. It is what I own and can afford. I would like to drive a Lexus but for practicality and economic sake, it's an old Toyota near the low end.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I don't think it's like. It is what I own and can afford. I would like to drive a Lexus but for practicality and economic sake, it's an old Toyota near the low end.
                            Mel...your a good man...let's leave it at that

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                              SF uses impellers, basically propellers inside a tube so it creates a water jet with a maneuvering exhaust to guide the water jet which effectively steers the boat.
                              Huge thread! I can't resist so I will chime in...

I fly all around Hawaii and have seen many boats hit whales. Even the whale foundation boats that are supposed to protect the whales sometimes drive right over them. I fly over Maalaea bay all winter long and have seen it all.

That being said I also seen the superferry doing sea trials and it is a FAST ship. A hit by the superferry hull will slice anything in half. Flesh, wood or metal, anything! This ship is a military design, remember! It is a tough, fast ship.

I have seen more whales out in the penguin banks than anyplace else in Hawaii. The penguin banks are open ocean between Molokai and Oahu where the superferry will be going full speed.

discuss...
                              GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

• Re: cops, coasties and nationalUSt fervor , Re: Hawaii $uperfascUSterry - Chapter 5

alohacandy;162723 " My brother-in-law is an Active Duty U.S. Coast Guard Admiral and a graduate of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. I phoned him and my sis this evening to ask what they thought of the word "Coastie". Neither one of them thought that Coastie is a disrespectful or negative term. He stated that it's not a term that Coast Guardsmen call each other, but more how others might refer to someone in the Coast Guard. He definitely did not think it was in the same league as policemen being called "pigs". I'm guessing that it's more like a Marine being called a leatherneck or a jarhead....more of an endearing term than a derogatory term. " ---

Even though being an admiral now, he is still likely to have been at the Academy in a class after my own but there's a chance he and I were there at the same time.

I said the term "coastie" equated to the term "cop", not "pig". Perhaps one must be beyond middle age to remember when policemen took serious offense to the term "cop".

US's numerous foreign and domestic wars have created a new (to me) mentality in the Coast Guard..wars on drugs (other than corporatist pharmaceuticals, corporatist tobacco, corporatist ahlcohol), wars on anti-terrorUSism, wars on non-USraeli as well as anti-USraeli peoples and cultures....none of which has made the Coast Guard better, but it has coopted Coast Guard officers into heavily nationalUSt, corporatUSt positions of influence.
                                Last edited by waioli kai; August 30, 2007, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X