Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you attend your (HI) High school reunion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did you attend your (HI) High school reunion?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    I went with an ex-girlfriend to her 10th several (many several) years ago. I asked her some background questions before attending and told her not to introduce me once we got past the registration desk.

Once inside I started saying to anyone asking who I was, "Eh howzit you remember me?" You'd be surprized at the number of people there who said "yes" and agreed with the many things we did in High School! Funny though I've never been to Konawaena High School on the Big Island.
    That's hilarious, how you pulled that off!! Can you imagine though, since Hawaii is such a small place. You are bound to run into someone from that reunion again, and may have to keep pretending-"Eh, you grad from Konawaena, yeah?
    Oh yeah!!
    So kolohe!!
    Last edited by Keoni-San; November 18, 2004, 10:47 AM. Reason: replace word

Comment

Re: Did you attend your (HI) High school reunion?

Nice thread...especially the memories from craig and deecee(my former radio partner). Ah, class reunions, where we see ourselves as others see us. A little chubbier,a little older, and maybe a bit wiser. I managed to attend my 10th reunion back in the dark ages of 1972, having graduated from Kahuku High in ancient times (1962). Since that time, most of my classmates have
      found richer treasures on the U.S.mainland, where an active chapter meets annually in Las Vegas. Like many of us, family commitments, military service, employment, and health concerns reduce our ability to meet former friends in person. But, thanks to the internet, a few ties remain and those are worth preserving. For those of us who cast our fate in the 60's, the Vietnam War took its toll. Those graduating this year may face war's cost in lost friends and broken relationships. Cherish the memories you have--they are precious in a world slowly losing its grip. This thread makes me appreciate even more the conversation, debate, and opinions of those who call Hawaii home. Have a good Thanksgiving....Russ

Comment

Working...
      X