This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ruling Gives Kamehameha Time

...any chance for a rally here in Seattle? What happened to the NW supporters?

Comment

At least 500 people turned out in their Ku I Ka Pono t-shirts yesterday in San Francisco. According to the reports, most were not KBSE grads, but people who nonetheless supported KSBE. Hopefully this will not be the last demonstration staged on the Mainland to educate the people up here to the plight of the kanaka maoli.

If you look at the back of the Ku I Ka Pono t-shirt that's being sold by ilio'ulaokalani (www.ilio.org), besides KSBE, the following kanaka maoli issues have coalesced into one movement: Kukaniloko, na iwi kupuna, mauna kea, Pohakuloa, Northwestern Hawaiian Islands and the ali'i trust lands; these are the things that mean a lot to the kanaka maoli, and which are now in jeopardy because of others who have no respect for their culture or their history.

Miulang

P.S. According to their website, there will be a convoy/march on Sept. 4 to Kukaniloko, where the DoD wants to train Stryker Brigade forces.
      Last edited by Miulang; August 21, 2005, 09:06 AM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Pikake
        ...any chance for a rally here in Seattle? What happened to the NW supporters?
        I don't know if there can be a rally in Seattle. It would depend greatly on the local groups (KSBE alumni association and the Wakinikona Hawaiian Club) and their willingness to undertake something like this. I saw a map of the US yesterday (from OHA) that shows there are as many people calling themselves Hawaiian who reside in Washington state as there are on the island of Kauai (around 13,500), so that means there's a lot of expats living up here.

One of the things you can do to bring yourself up to speed on the Hawaiian events being held in the Seattle area is to pick up a free copy of the Pacific NW Hawai'i Times. It can be found in places like L&L, Hawaii General Store, Bobby's Restaurant in Everett, Kauai Family Restaurant, Kona Kitchen, Lei's Family Restaurant in Duvall, and the Longs Drugstore in Lynnwood. That's a good way to find out when ho'olauleas and pa'ainas are being held and where the restaurants serving Hawaiian style foods are located.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I saw a map of the US yesterday (from OHA) that shows there are as many people calling themselves Hawaiian who reside in Washington state as there are on the island of Kauai (around 13,500), so that means there's a lot of expats living up here.
          Are you serious?! Where dey stay hiding? Oh yea - das da ones dat no like shaka dem buggas. NAH J/K!!!

One of the things you can do to bring yourself up to speed on the Hawaiian events being held in the Seattle area is to pick up a free copy of the Pacific NW Hawai'i Times. It can be found in places like L&L, Hawaii General Store, Bobby's Restaurant in Everett, Kauai Family Restaurant, Kona Kitchen, Lei's Family Restaurant in Duvall, and the Longs Drugstore in Lynnwood.
          You fo get da kine...Uwajimaya - das wea I get my copy from. I stay up to beat wit that all the time.

Well for now, I'm waving the Hawaiian colors upside down on the rear window of my van wit Ku I Ka Pono on it!!! Trying to get the other island soldiers stationed here to represent.

K-den - bumbai till next time!!!

Comment

Well for now, I'm waving the Hawaiian colors upside down on the rear window of my van wit Ku I Ka Pono on it!!! Trying to get the other island soldiers stationed here to represent.

K-den - bumbai till next time!!!
            So if I driving down by Magnolia and I see one van with Ku I Ka Pono and one upside down Hawaiian flag on top, I going honk da horn and flash da shaka at you, den!

Miulang

Comment

Reports from organizers of the Ku I Ka Pono rally in San Francisco put the number of marchers at anywhere from 2,000 to 2,500 people, which is a vastly different number than was given by the AP stringer. I think the real numbers were probably somewhere in between, more like 1,000 to 1,500 marchers. Here are additional pictures from the rally. And here is the text of the speech given by Kelii Brown at the gathering:

"...To those of you here today who are not of Native Hawaiian ancestry... I would personally like to thank you even more so. You have taken a stand for what is pono, what is correct. You recognize the repeated injustices Hawaiians have historically faced and are here today simply because you believe it is the right thing to do. I salute you.

It is, in fact, with you "Hawaiians-at-heart" in mind that I remind all of us that this is not a Hawaiian vs. non-Hawaiian issue. The vast majority of Hawai'i, regardless of ethnicity, appreciate our plight and understand retribution and justice for kanaka maoli are in everyone's best interests...."

Miulang
              Last edited by Miulang; August 22, 2005, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                I going honk da horn and flash da shaka at you, den!

Miulang

don't honk. locals don't honk. only mainlanders.

Comment

Tell that to braddah who was honking like crazy after getting cut off in the lane next to me on Kapiolani yesterday...

Comment

I did. He said with a happy grin: "I learned dat from da mainlanders!"

Comment

Apparently the forum yesterday to discuss the Akaka Bill and its implications drew spirited debate about what passage of the law would or would not do. All residents of Hawai'i need to become educated about the complex issues surrounding this debate because whatever the outcome, it will alter your way of life, and if the issue should come to a vote in Hawai'i, you want to make sure you know what the facts are.

Miulang

Comment

It's official now. KSBE has filed a petition for an en banc hearing. It's now up to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to decide whether to seat 11 justices for a full hearing on the John Doe Case. Interesting that the attorney who filed on behalf of KSBE is from Palo Alto. So now both sides have Mainland attorneys to argue the case.

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                          So if I driving down by Magnolia and I see one van with Ku I Ka Pono and one upside down Hawaiian flag on top, I going honk da horn and flash da shaka at you, den!

Miulang
                          Shoots Braddah!!! Bring on the shakas!!!

Comment

Shoots Braddah!!! Bring on the shakas!!!
                            Eh tita, Miulang is one tita too.
                            Sending shakas to you too from da opposite corner of da state.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              I did. He said with a happy grin: "I learned dat from da mainlanders!"
                              Was that before or after he pounded you into the sidewalk?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                                Eh tita, Miulang is one tita too.
                                Sending shakas to you too from da opposite corner of da state.
                                Oh shiznitz! Shame dat kine! Forgive me Miulang - neva mean fo offend!
                                Thanks Lurkah!

K-den Shaka Braddahs!

Comment

Working...
                                X