This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kamehameha Schools Admissions Policy - Chapter 2

Next event in this saga comes tomorrow (6/20/06), when the en banc re-hearing takes place. On a related topic, there are a series of pule that the Kamehameha Schools have put together for that day - and one of the selected ones was contributed by my radio co-host, Manono (Aki) McMillan (Moloka`i, KS '68.) A most talented and gracious person, with whom I have the utmost pleasure to be associated.
    http://www.ksbe.edu/pdf/doe_haipule.pdf

Comment

The 9th Circuit Court will hear this case tomorrow.

There was an interesting quote in the paper today. Kekoa Paulsen, spokesmam for Kamehameha Schools said "her(the princess) intent was to provide a means for educating her people so they could compete in a society that was changing so quickly."

I wonder if the Princess felt that "her people" could not compete on equal footing in the regular school systems?

And how do you explain the successful Hawaiians who went to public school here?

So much for the notion that all men are created equal.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
        So much for the notion that all men are created equal.

That is all it is, a notion. Look at what is going on In Africa, The Middle East and other parts of the world. Nothing like a jolt of reality to defeat that notion.

I see nothing wrong with these Hawaiians having something unique that they can take pride in. Now if they would only raise the blood quantum for admissions,that would be great.

Comment

Funny how racial arguments sound the same throughout time.

150 years ago you could find Americans using the same arguments to keep blacks out of schools and everywhere else.

How fun must it be to take the minds of young, impressionable folks, and mold them into hateful racists? What is the difference betwen Nalu and any member of the Ku Klux Klan?

I bet your parents are so proud of you.

PS - Don't date white girls. That will just dilute the bloodlines further.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

What is the difference betwen Nalu and any member of the Ku Klux Klan? I bet your parents are so proud of you.
            Tim, quit with the personal attacks. You've proven yourself articulate enough to make your points without them. Contact me if you have questions.

Subsequent off-topic posts will be deleted without comment.

Comment

Funny how racial arguments sound the same throughout time.

150 years ago you could find Americans using the same arguments to keep blacks out of schools and everywhere else.

How fun must it be to take the minds of young, impressionable folks, and mold them into hateful racists? What is the difference betwen Nalu and any member of the Ku Klux Klan?

I bet your parents are so proud of you.

PS - Don't date white girls. That will just dilute the bloodlines further.

Racism is not part of the curriculum at Kamehameha.

Ignorance is no excuse for you to make inaccurate generalizations about Kamehameha.

Comment

But it is part of the admissions policy? Perhaps the students are not aware of the admissions policy?

Tomorrow will be a big day. I am prepared to change my mind, and embrace racism, if the judiciary finds, in their infinite wisdom, that society has room for racial preferences.

Are you ready to change your mind if not?
                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

But it is part of the admissions policy? Perhaps the students are not aware of the admissions policy?

Tomorrow will be a big day. I am prepared to change my mind, and embrace racism, if the judiciary finds, in their infinite wisdom, that society has room for racial preferences.

Are you ready to change your mind if not?
                  Anybody that has ever visited Kamehameha's Kapalama campus knows that racism is not a part of Kamehameha's admission policy . There are a myriad of ethnicities that make up the Student population at Kamehameha. I know it's hard for you to see.. being that you live in a black and white world so I don't expect you, a caucasian from the continental states, to understand. I will say however, that it would probably be better for all involved if you kept your comments close to only those things you have a grasp of.

I don't waiver in the wind nor I don't live my life to the whims of the US judicial system.

We will fight to defend our culture and the future of our Keiki.
                  Last edited by Nalu; June 19, 2006, 06:43 PM.

Comment

As with our first thread attempting a reasoned discussion of this topic, participants still seem unable to resist personal attacks and irrelevant references to each others' presumed or stated ethnicities. So this one is being closed as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X