Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "You Learn Something Every Day"

Mads and Kimo a duo?????

Ok I have learned today how to be very very afraid....

Eh T'salagi...what you smokin'???? GIMMIE!!!

Comment

Yesterday, I learned that either kids can be really dumb, or really bored. The link goes to an image where local kids were swinging from a bus stop sign. I no lie.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
        Checked it out. When I learned that wine would be excluded from my life for at least two weeks, I couldn't take it. Ain't no way. Besides, I look so much better with a glass of wine, during a glass of wine, after a glass of wine.
        South Beach is a modified Atkins diet. Oddly enough, lavagal, within the first few days the desire for wine, along with the desire for anything that turns into sugar in the body, just goes away...gone...pau! The purpose of those first 2 weeks is to rid the body of carb cravings. I was over the cravings within 24 hours. The withdrawal headache took another 36 hours to get over! It was worth it. I had absolutely no interest in wine for the 8 months I was on Atkins. BTW...I was on it for medical reasons and not for weight loss. I lost a little weight, not much, but I felt like a million bucks. It's time to cut the carbs again!

Comment

I learned today that my wife of 15 years doesn't really know me! I spent the day helping a friend work on his sailboat (which I get to go out on) and had another friend over for a few hours this evening drinking and laughing. Also playing on HawaiiThreads, And now I'm in the doghouse! Sheesh! I spend most of my life working or taking care of her needs and now... When I spend a day for me? That's where" (mostly) understanding" in another thread comes into play.
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
            I learned today that my wife of 15 years doesn't really know me! I spent the day helping a friend work on his sailboat (which I get to go out on) and had another friend over for a few hours this evening drinking and laughing. Also playing on HawaiiThreads, And now I'm in the doghouse! Sheesh! I spend most of my life working or taking care of her needs and now... When I spend a day for me? That's where" (mostly) understanding" in another thread comes into play.
            Here's how you handle her....
            Say "I'm sorry".... You're Right"...."help me"

It will smooth things over in no time.
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear

Thanks! I did this morning and even took her shopping, tagging along. Ughh... So we're cool.

Comment

Me thinks it has more to do w/ the Drinking and the friend being over... then Playing on HT

If I got in trouble everytime I was on HT... I'd be in more than a "Dog House," I'd be sitting in the doo doo outside the dog house.

Comment

Thanks! I did this morning and even took her shopping, tagging along. Ughh... So we're cool.
                  God, you wimp! You owe her no apology, and now you are training her to treat you like something less than a man. What, she's right just because she's the female? Puh-leeze!!

If a guy can't enjoy time on his own, doing stuff with his friends, without his wife getting ticked off, then ... jeez, how insecure is the wife? And why doesn't she trust her husband? No fault of his, I'm sure. She needs to examine her insecurities so they aren't repeated.

More guys need to spend time away from their wives/lovers. We women need time alone, too, ya know! Those few women who don't need time alone are fine and all, but they need to understand that sometimes a guy has to do his own thing, and so does a woman.

Jesus, ladies, stop being so needy and pathetic! You're making the rest of us look bad. And guys, stop putting up with that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear

What the ----???

He shouldn't "smooth (sic) things over"! He should demand an apology for her mistreatment of him.

What in the hell is the matter with people??

Men, would you PLEASE stop letting women get away with bullshit? We are NOT the rulers of the universe! We are all equal. Stop treating us like we're better or smarter or morally superior. We aren't.

Edited to add this thought: If a man berated a woman for spending time with her friends, her friends (and the people on Hawaii Threads) would urge her to leave him and to file a restraining order against him, because obviously he's "abusive." Why is it OK for women to keep men away from their friends, and from other things that they love about life?

This whole thing really pisses me off.
                    Last edited by MadAzza; April 26, 2006, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                      What the ----???

He shouldn't "smooth (sic) things over"! He should demand an apology for her mistreatment of him.

What in the hell is the matter with people??

Men, would you PLEASE stop letting women get away with bullshit? We are NOT the rulers of the universe! We are all equal. Stop treating us like we're better or smarter or morally superior. We aren't.

Edited to add this thought: If a man berated a woman for spending time with her friends, her friends (and the people on Hawaii Threads) would urge her to leave him and to file a restraining order against him, because obviously he's "abusive." Why is it OK for women to keep men away from their friends, and from other things that they love about life?

This whole thing really pisses me off.
                      hey you don't have to mean it.... it just shuts off the arguement
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                        And guys, stop putting up with that shit.
                        We tried back in the 70's and lost so many of us became gay.

The problem is that if we didn't take that shit we were considered insensitive and sent to some remedial group. If we did take that shit we were considered wimps.

So an entire generation of men had to be born into society to become sensitive without being a wimp and agressive without being the pig that we are. The result: Bill Clinton. Now here's a man that can cheat on his wife and yet not get his wife and the National Organization of Women on his shit list. Amazing yet true. He's the poster child on how to be a man. He got both and won and to think he went to church as well. How does he do it!
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Both MadAzza and Alohabear are right! Yes I'm a wimp and secondly I just want to shut down the argument. ManoaSurfer123, sometimes there is some sort of wierd jealousy concerning HT. She'll be watching some movie on T.V. that I have no interest in, (I don't watch much T.V. of any kind for many years now) and strongly requests I get off the computer to join her, I usually don't. But relationships are give and take and I prefer "Peacetime" over "War". You know what I mean? Peace, Love and Alphalfa sprouts Man!

Some females as well as some males have very controlling natures. So even if what the other is doing does not adversly affect the first, but they don't like it they try and force their opinion upon them.

My Bestest friend James' place was my sanctuary. That's where I would go to be with a buddy, drink a few, play backgammon or cards and just plain laugh! He was single so I could show up anytime. I miss that guy! The rest of my friends are married or close enough to it that it's the same kinda situation as my place is, at times. I'm really not into bars so guess I'll just have to find a nice quiet spot up in the bushes someplace. Since it's not safe in many respects to go out the Helipad at Ala Wai Boat Harbor anymore. HaHa!
                          Last edited by Menehune Man; April 26, 2006, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Today I learned that their are Glaciers in Africa...

I wouldn't have even thought about Ice Cold Glaciers in a country like Africa.

(I also learned that they will soon be gone)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060515/...orial_glaciers

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                              Today I learned that their are Glaciers in Africa...

I wouldn't have even thought about Ice Cold Glaciers in a country like Africa.

(I also learned that they will soon be gone)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060515/...orial_glaciers
                              Since you're on a roll let me school you a bit. Africa is a continent, not a country. Tanzania and Kenya are the countries with the highest mountains on the continent of Africa.

Btw when reports of snowy peaks at the equator first reached Europe they were dismissed as impossible.

http://www.africaguide.com/images/library/kili/054.jpg

http://www.mountkenyaclimbing.com/im...omAmboseli.jpg
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
                                Since you're on a roll let me school you a bit. Africa is a continent, not a country. Tanzania and Kenya are the countries with the highest mountains on the continent of Africa.

Btw when reports of snowy peaks at the equator first reached Europe they were dismissed as impossible.

http://www.africaguide.com/images/library/kili/054.jpg

http://www.mountkenyaclimbing.com/im...omAmboseli.jpg
                                Doh...

Mistake in Country/Continent...

I do know that their are 50 CITIES in America also

Comment

Working...
                                X