"You Learn Something Every Day"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "You Learn Something Every Day"

I just learned how to use the LIST function of this message board!!!!
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      Ho Glen you kiddin' me! Oh man humanity is a lost cause now Yes there is a manual way to find the SqRt of any number. Man did you also know you can figure out logrhythmic functions via paper and pencil too?
      Nah Craig, just kidding. I knew there must be a way to do it; after all people were doing square roots and logarithms long before electronic calculators. I just didn't know how to do it myself.

And yes Glen...I did use a slide rule back in school.
      I never learned how to use one of those. I never learned the abacus either. Maybe I should.

Boy the next EMF pulse and suddenly we're all gonna be math illiterate again. I think schools should teach the "Manual" way just to preserve how to do things without the aid of a machine.
      Heh. Like when the power goes out and the stores have to close because the cashiers don't know how to make change in their heads.

Oh, and to get back on topic: I learned that it's really worth it to put on that sunscreen even if it takes a few extra minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
        i learned today that my lack of technical savvy is woeful at best...i tried getting it set up at my new crib so i can work from home but with three VCRs and all of the necessary software, i will still have to be up at 5:30am for the next three weeks to be at the office to do something that others do from home...machines hate me, that's what i've learned today...

Shadup! Quit that stinking job! YOU? Getting up at 530ayem? A new man! My gawd brah, you truly hate yourself.
        I don't. I think your boss will burn in hell for cruelty. That or go to jail for running one sweat shoppe. Pig! Burn, creepy boss, burn!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I learned from Glen Miyashiro's thread what an alligator gar is, that alligator gar are one of the monsters of fresh waters, and that their roe is TOXIC. They are also hard to catch since their teeth snap lines many of the time.
          Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

I learned how to edit multiple items in i-tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
              I learned from Glen Miyashiro's thread what an alligator gar is, that alligator gar are one of the monsters of fresh waters, and that their roe is TOXIC. They are also hard to catch since their teeth snap lines many of the time.
              That I learned on Friday too, but what I didn't know was that roe is the eggs that they lay. I don't know why they are called that, but that is what they are called. Oh yeah I learned the roe thing on Friday too.
              Originally posted by mel
              I just learned how to use the LIST function of this message board!!!!
              Okay I bite. What does the LIST function do, as in what does it list? If by some chance it is the Members List, then it's okay, that I know, but if it list something else, this would be something new to me too.
              Last edited by helen; September 27, 2005, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I learned that Myra, the nice, sweet, cute, plump drive-through gal at the Moanalua Jack-in-the-Box has a ring on her left ring-finger. I'll be stopping for breakfat perhaps not quite as often.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

uh, what's a
                  "plump drive-through "?

ya know, don't wimp out. ya don't want ten points off yer man card, too.
                  Ya want sumpin, go after it. tackle that suckah now.
                  Life's short. Plus, it's hard.Don't make it harder and lonelier.

Maybe that's a pester ring.
                  Or maybe she's divorced and hasn't gotten outta the habit.
                  Or maybe it's simply not a wedding ring.
                  Last edited by kimo55; September 27, 2005, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Well, if the avatar picture weren't from the chest-up, you'd see. It's the drive-through you visit when you want a physique like mine.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                      Okay I bite. What does the LIST function do, as in what does it list? If by some chance it is the Members List, then it's okay, that I know, but if it list something else, this would be something new to me too.
                      When making a post next to the insert picture/graphic icon there is the blue dots and 3 lines icon that says "Create List". I tried it a long time ago and it did not work. I had assumed that I hit the button once, and list all of my items in the one window, whereas in reality you list each item in a new window 1 at the time to create either an alpha list, bullet list, or number list.

Like this:
                      • Macintosh
                      • Windows
                      • Linux

It may be old hat for some, but only today I figured it out...
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

It's exciting and totally amazing to watch my almost nine month old grandson, Antonio "learn something new everyday!" Babies and children are PRECIOUS!

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                          ya know, don't wimp out. ya don't want ten points off yer man card, too.
                          Ya want sumpin, go after it. tackle that suckah now.
                          Life's short. Plus, it's hard.Don't make it harder and lonelier.
                          Yes. Well. There's still Hazel at the Chevron just two hundred yards further down the road, where I stop for my morningly Diet Pepsi. 'Though she's clearly a bit younger than my lower limit.
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

You can set up WiFi not to broadcast. They're "invisible" unless you know they're there. Talk to the IT guys. They can likely give you the names and some matching passwords to those access points and your Airport card will pick them up just fine.

Originally posted by scrivener
                            I learned that the AirPort card in my school-issue iBook doesn't detect the WiFi in any of HPU's hotspots! How the heck is anyone supposed to LEARN?
                            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Today, in doing my fire inspection checklist in my classroom, I found out that I don't have a fire extinguisher!

I also found out that my potato-crusted salmon is a winnah with my family.
                              Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                                Well, if the avatar picture weren't from the chest-up, you'd see. It's the drive-through you visit when you want a physique like mine.

Scrivener:
                                Any chance you could actually budget some time to get outta that car and sit inside the restaurant? Fake reading a book or your laptop? Doing the sudoku, which you are an expert at, and is so charming for the ladies now? My gosh young man, you are a prize. Why don't you know it? Of course, you should probably eat more healthy food!
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X