Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Cow. I'm Meeting Tonight to Plan My 20th Reunion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holy Cow. I'm Meeting Tonight to Plan My 20th Reunion.

Well reunion weekend is 2/3 finished. Last night we attended the annual Hoolaulea at the school, and were honored with the other classes who are celebrating reunions. It was fun, and a lot of our former teachers came out, too.

This evening we had a banquet dinner at 3660 on the Rise (the class of '82 from our school was meeting in another room at the same restaurant, at the same time!), with about forty of our classmates and six or seven of our former teachers. We had a trivia game (coordinated by guess who) and a slide show featuring family photos of classmates who couldn't attend. There was picture-taking and reminiscing, laughter and a few tears.

Our party favors were brownies baked by one of our classmates and 4x6 picture frames with the class photo we took that evening! I brought a laptop and printer, and printed the photos up and we put them in frames right there.

Didn't do the chat room or webcam, because 3660 doesn't have WiFi. I'm determined to make it work next time, though! I was also hoping to do live photo updates to our class website (http://www.hba87.org), but I couldn't get the content-by-email plugin for Joomla working correctly, and this time it was my webhost's fault, not Joomla's, for a change.

Tomorrow: All-day picnic at Magic Island. I'm bringing my thesis reading, since most of the others are bringing their kids.

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. I just have to say that this whole experience, from planning to execution, was not as painful as I thought it would be. In fact, it was kind of nice.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: Holy Cow. I'm Meeting Tonight to Plan My 20th Reunion.

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      Our party favors were brownies baked by one of our classmates ...
      Brownies, huh?

Comment

Working...
      X