Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rotc

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    My son is interested in taking (navy) ROTC next year in the 9th grade. What can we expect and is it a good program?
    9th grade would actually be NJROTC right? I partook in that program for four years and while I wasn't thrilled with the whole "yes sir, no sir" business I can say the program does provide you with some invaluable lessons, such as leadership (they stress that every chapter of every year). Although I wouldn't do it again it looks good for an actual ROTC program as well as the service academies, if that is what your son is looking at. If he just want's to enlist right out of HS then it will enable him to enroll at a higher paygrade (E-3 I believe) than someone without the background.
    "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
    "But I can't even read good."
    "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
    "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Ah, Craig I see you already hit on the points but isn't it an E-3 as opposed to an E-1?
      "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
      "But I can't even read good."
      "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
      "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum View Post
        Ah, Craig I see you already hit on the points but isn't it an E-3 as opposed to an E-1?
        Last time I was in the military it was an E-1. If you can jump to an E-3 outta Boot Camp then it's worth every penny to do the JROTC thing.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
        X