Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Comparison

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    There's really no way to compare a thing like this, and I don't have to tell you that I've tried. They are NOT the same hotties from school to school, and yet each school's women have something going for them. I will avoid being crass and not compare the specifics here, but let's just say that if you, like me, are more of a looker than a toucher, you can't make a wrong choice. But one quick visit to any of the campuses would make that clear anyway.
    I was more of a toucher in my day. My nickname was "Hitachi".

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      I wouldn't consider HPU Hawaii Loa Campus being remote or isolated
      Compared to the other choices mentioned, it is. You ain't walking anywhere unless it's for 18 holes. Or you really like long walks. The other campuses have at least something to eat withing reasonable walking distance off campus.

But having no (or limited) night life makes for a better educational atmosphere in my book.
      True. But all the students I knew of had interests outside of school too.

(UH-Hilo) It's also cheaper than HPU or Chaminade.
      Even for non-residents?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        Even for non-residents?
        Yes because it's part of the UH system while HPU and Chaminade are private institutions.

Regarding it's location, UH Hilo's dorms are within walking distance to 7-11, Subways, and some local eateries. Compared to the dorms at UH Manoa they're actually closer. If you live off-campus in a home near UHH, you're right in the thick of Hilo's urban sprawl.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

thank you all! Does anyone else have any other experince with these colleges? Please share them!

Comment

I went to UH Hilo a long time ago. So long ago that during my time there, there wasn't a 7-11 or Subway's in walking distance to the UH Hilo dorms.

Comment

Working...
            X