X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free diet plans online

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
    [...]
    Reef fish can contain a toxin called ciguatera. This toxin can cause serious poisoning that will have adverse effects on the nervous system. For more information, visit the Dept of Health website:

http://healthuser.hawaii.gov/health/.../02-36cig.html
    Reading this AND having a good friend who barely survived MRSA last week...well...just makes me wanna hibernate in some disinfected cocoon and never put food in my mouth again!

And, I'm not normally germ-phobic. That might change!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
      Amati,That was an ignorant statement.
      No, I am the one who DOESN'T shoot urine into their body. Ignorant is the one who seriously thinks using a urine product will cure their bad eating habits on a permanent basis.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I bet the water you drank this morning made its way through a hundred toilets before it went in your mouth. I suppose you consider our tap water a product of sh_t too, right?

Your perspective is way off base. Hcg is a human hormone produced in placentas, not a urine by-product. You need to get your facts straight. Whether it's carried through blood or urine makes no difference. There is no urine in hcg.

Unless you're a Jehovah's Witness, I suppose you wouldn't accept an organ donation or blood transfusion either, or getting a flu shot or botox injections for your wrinkles either, cuz these are more hazardous or what you'd consider gross in comparison.
        Last edited by Bobinator; August 22, 2008, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I bet the water you drank this morning made its way through a hundred toilets before it went in your mouth. I suppose you consider our tap water a product of sh_t too, right?

Your perspective is way off base. Hcg is a human hormone produced in placentas, not a urine by-product. You need to get your facts straight. Whether it's carried through blood or urine makes no difference. There is no urine in hcg.

Unless you're a Jehovah's Witness, I suppose you wouldn't accept an organ donation or blood transfusion either, or getting a flu shot or botox injections for your wrinkles either, cuz these are more hazardous or what you'd consider gross in comparison.
          Rant all you want, but yes I'd consider it "gross" to shoot a filtered urine by-product into myself. I'll watch what I eat and get plenty of exercise if I need to lose weight, thank you very much.
          And don't insult all the patients who need an organ transplant or blood transfusion to save their life by comparing them to someone who cannot put a fork down (thanks for that one, KonaTim) but instead uses a product made from the URINE of pregnant women.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
            Rant all you want, but yes I'd consider it "gross" to shoot a filtered urine by-product into myself. I'll watch what I eat and get plenty of exercise if I need to lose weight, thank you very much.
            And don't insult all the patients who need an organ transplant or blood transfusion to save their life by comparing them to someone who cannot put a fork down (thanks for that one, KonaTim) but instead uses a product made from the URINE of pregnant women.
            Filtered urine?? Made from urine???..................

Hold on a minute, I'm still trying to recover from this. That's pretty screwed up, man! If you said that before a panel of doctors, they'd eat you alive.

And BTW, don't go insulting all the millions of women going to fertility clinics either, or any other patient being treated with hcg for various other health issues.

Comment

Hcg isn't urine based. It is produced in the placenta and flushed out into the urine (about 30,000 I.U.'s a day). The manufacturer (Pregnyl) somehow collects it and puts it through a filtering and purifying process.
              Highlighted is the part that leaves this still too unresolved for my tastes.

From the hCG website you first linked to:
              HCG is a short form of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone, a body friendly substance that can be found in the urine of pregnant females.
              Some fertility organizations do collect urine from pregnant women to extract hCG for use in fertility treatment. Pregnyl, Follutein, Profasi and Novarel are all known to be derived from the urine of pregnant women, so yes, one could comfortably say that hCG is "urine based."

That's not to say that the product itself isn't safe - but it might make people feel ooogie to know it; not everyone likes to think about other people's bodily fluids.

But I'm also one of those people who is skeptical about any "miraculous" weight-loss products. Sensible eating + an exercise regimen = the best solution for weight control, for most people. We like to put a little too much faith in the easy way out of our human challenges.

If it's working for you personally, Bobinator, congratulations - thank you for sharing the info. But you could lay off on condemning those who don't want to try it, especially if their resoning is solid.

Comment

Filtered urine?? Made from urine???..................
                Hold on a minute, I'm still trying to recover from this. That's pretty screwed up, man! If you said that before a panel of doctors, they'd eat you alive.
                And BTW, don't go insulting all the millions of women going to fertility clinics either, or any other patient being treated with hcg for various other health issues.
                First, I think if you and I went before a "panel of doctors" and presented our opinions, I'd certainly have more support than you who thinks that having a shot of a product derived from the urine of pregnant women is the solution to permanant weight loss (yes, Bobinator, that is what the product is, regardless that you don't acknowledge it).

Second, using body tissues and fluids for a medically sound procedure is quite approprite, such as organ transplants, transfusions, and fertility. Health issues, YES, but victimizing a consumer who needs to instead learn about nutrition, that is a big NOOOOO. You did say you had to pay for these shots, right, someone is making some money off you buddy.

Nutrition, Bobinator, that is the secret. And it is free information. And taking a long walk every day will help too. HCG and junk food and all the beer you can shake a stick at aren't going to do it.

I had a fish burger, french fries and a 12 oz beer. Saturday night, I had steak, chicken, caesar salad and more beer than you can shake a stick at

Comment

Anyone who thinks shaking sticks at beer is a great way to spend the time needs to have their beer taken away, and given to someone who appreciates beer.

And don't shake the beer, either.

For that matter, hand over your car keys. Yes - hand 'em over. Right now.

Tsk.

Now behave - or you won't get your urine shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Anyone who thinks shaking sticks at beer is a great way to spend the time needs to have their beer taken away, and given to someone who appreciates beer.
                    And don't shake the beer, either.
                    For that matter, hand over your car keys. Yes - hand 'em over. Right now.
                    Tsk.Now behave - or you won't get your urine shot.
                    Hey, now that you mention it, maybe a bar could make a few buck off this ... shot of whiskey for you, shot of tequila for me, and shot of urine for you-know-who.

Comment

Hey, wait-a-minute, Amati! You were the one to throw the first crack. Don't blame others for your aggression.

Nutrition is the long term answer. But if you need to lose 60 Ibs. real quick and healthy to avoid an instant heart attack, my diet works and has been accomplished successfully by literally thousands of people, not only in this country, but around the world. As far as I know, it has a 100% success rate. I've never heard of any other diet that gets rid of only problem area fat, and keeps it off.

I'm no doctor, but I would imagine that all hormones and associated treatments are cultivated in similar fashion, so I guess everyone should be offended and grossed out.

But I guess Jenny Craig and Plus Size clothing stores create jobs....
                      Last edited by Bobinator; August 26, 2008, 09:32 AM.

Comment

As far as I know, it has a 100% success rate.
                        Just don't include the cases of disfiguration and bladder cancer widely discussed across the internet. One example here, from which I quote:
                        This is, to our best knowledge, the 22nd case report of .BETA.-HCG-producing bladder cancer in Japan.

Comment

My own personal opinion:

Look to how human beings evolved, and then consider where your own ancestors came from and the conditions in which they lived.

It will provide clues to what you should eat and what your level of activity should be.

For the most part, humans spent a great deal of time being active. Even the agrarians were busy most of the day tending to crops.

What we ate came from many sources. Animal (including insects which some cultures consider prized). Vegetable. Grains.

So no matter what, you need to be active. Walk. Jog. Whatever it takes to be aerobic for a good chunk of the day.

And a balanced diet. Not all of one thing but a little bit of everything.

Above all, remember that it's now how long you live, but how well you live in the time you got.

Comment

Hey, wait-a-minute, Amati! You were the one to throw the first crack. Don't blame others for your aggression.
                            I don’t know how pointing out the fallacy of depending on a quick fix instead of a lifestyle change (i.e. improved eating habits and more exercise) is "blaming others for my aggression" …… but …. whatever. You are to be commended for wanting to improve your health by losing weight, but we will just have to agree to disagree on your method.

There is a lot of information about using Hcg, and the man who is promoting the product for his own profit. Anyone can google for the info. But I am going to give a few quotes about Hcg.

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-a...ss-315986.html
                            Hcg Weight Loss: Should you Use Hcg for Weight Loss?
                            Author: Star Smith
                            There is no scientific evidence supporting the claims that HCG causes significant weight loss. The manufacturers of HCG themselves are saying that this hormone doesn’t cause weight loss.

Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA): “There was no statistically significant difference between those receiving HCG vs. placebo during any phase of this study.”

Today is the day that you can make the decision to follow a sensible eating plan (don’t diet), eat more fruits and vegetables, eat less fatty junk food, drink more water, and get that body moving!
                            Good luck with your weight loss. I sincerely hope it is lifelong.

Comment

For the record, Amati, your posts were pretty sassy¸ do don’t try to back out of it.

The quotes you provided are typical rhetoric of those who have much to lose from the use of HCG. They are quite biased and untrue, and the book provides a very logical explanation to counter these claims.

First, it depends on how one defines “scientific evidence”, and the availability of honest studies that were conducted AND their publication. As far as I’m concerned, Dr. Simeon’s case studies on literally thousands of patients and the publication of his manuscript, “Pounds and Inches”, IS scientific evidence. The weightloss clinics around the world using this weight loss method HAS scientific evidence, otherwise the doctors there wouldn’t be prescribing them. I and thousands of others in the United States alone are living proof that it works. This is empirical evidence.

Second, of course hcg doesn’t cause weight loss! There was never any claim that it did. The 500 cal/day diet causes weight loss. HCG causes the body to mobilize and metabolize problem area fat for energy consumption, provided it is done while restricting one’s calories to just 500/day with certain types of food. The protocol is strict and does not recommend eating less or more than 500 calories/day or anything other than the prescribed food.

Third, the claim that there is no statistical significant difference between hcg users and non-users is completely false. You need to ask the following questions: 1) Did the test subjects for hcg follow the Simeon’s protocol exactly as prescribed? (I highly doubt it!), 2) What was the difference in the rate of weight loss between the two groups, 3) What kind of weight was loss? Was it muscle, fat, or both? If you say fat, then what type of fat? Was it circulatory, structural or problem area fat? (HCG gets rid of ONLY problem area fat, which is the last thing to go on any other diet), 4) Were the test subjects hungry, tired and fatigued?, 5) Did the test subjects retain their weight loss and get rid of cravings?

Those who follow the Simeon’s protocol will win at every question, hands down. You won’t find many studies comparing hcg and non-hcg users because most people can’t handle 500 calories/day for an extended period without hcg. In fact, it’s rather unhealthy. Most anyone who eats only 500 calories would be eating their shoes and biting people’s heads off, not to mention looking and feeling weak and unhealthy.

Do you really trust the FDA? This is the same government agency that allows saccharin, aspartame and other food enhancers, sweeteners and thousands of other chemicals in our food, despite them causing cancer and obesity in rats. The former FDA Commissioner, Herbert Ley, is quoted as saying that the FDA is more inclined to protected the multi-billion dollar corporations above the overall health and safety of the American people. If you google monosodium glutamate (msg), you’ll find a lot of websites and articles written by the so-called scientific community that it’s a natural product that is perfectly safe for consumption, despite the fact that approximately 1/3 of the population suffers some type of adverse effect, like headache, dry mouth, insomnia, increased appetite, increased heart rate, skin rash, etc. This alone demonstrates that the FDA would rather support the economy by allowing restaurants to make better tasting food to encourage the public to spend their money eating out rather than staying at home and eating healthy.

Futher, if you ask your typical M.D. about the use of herbs, they’ll either give you a blank stare or say something non-supportive or discouraging. Yet, try telling the Chinese that herbs don’t work, and they’ll laugh in your face.

You have to take the medical community and government reports with a grain of salt, cuz it’s always about the money.

Comment

500 calories a day is far below the minimum recommended diet of 1,800 to 2,600 calories daily, depending on the level of activity and individual size.

Studies of Nazi concentration camp victims estimated daily caloric intake of less than 1,300 to as much as 1,700 calories a day under conditions of hard labor and extreme stress. Of the ones who weren't murdered directly, most died within 3 months due to malnutrition, along with a reduced resistance to disease associated with a starvation diet.

Anyone can lose weight dramatically at 500 calories a day. But there are risks. And sometimes the starvation protocol can backfire since certain ethnic groups seem to have evolved a natural reaction to starvation conditions: the body starts to accumulate fat as an automatic protection against extended periods of famine. This has been discovered among certain Pacific Islanders and the Pima native Americans.

The biggest concern is how long is the person kept at this starvation level. Along with the reduction in calories comes a severe reduction in other essential nutrients and that could lead to other problems linked to malnutrition.

Overall, it is much wiser and safer to adopt a reasonably reduced calorie, balanced diet. Combine it with a reasonable exercise plan. Just walking daily can go a long way toward improved health. Adopting a healthy lifestyle takes time, and the results aren't going to happen quickly, but it'll be better in the long run, and more likely to be maintained as a permanent lifestyle.

Shocking the body through starvation and extreme conditions can do a lot more harm than good. I've seen people who have lost large amounts of weight on fad diets, only to gain them all back and more within less than a year.

Friends who lost weight gradually, based on reasonable levels of nutrition and activity, tended to keep the weight off permanently.
                                Last edited by Composite 2992; August 29, 2008, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X