Stopping the cold flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping the cold flu

I think I got the flu cold from my younger brother who has been sneezing all over the place.

I just took Tylenol for my protection, and now my body is just bogging down.

I hope I don't come down with something, because I was hoping that I could make a perfect attendance for this quarter in school. I have school tomorrow, but Friday to Sunday off, so I hope that I can recover by the time Monday comes around.

What else can I do to protect myself?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Stopping the cold flu

If its really the flu don't expect to get out of bed for at least a week or so. May as well take a bullet to the brain as I pleaded with my wife to do when I got the latest flu bug a month ago.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I'm feeling better after showering and I think Psychology is paying off because I just keep on telling myself not to get sick, and I'm feeling better (now all I need is some Placebo pills to back those up)
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Adri, the cold and the flu are very very different things. Colds are annoying. Flu can kill you. They're both viruses, so antibiotics are no help. Tylenol will just keep your fever down (if it's the flu) but won't make it go away. Get rest and fluids. That's about all you can do, until the new experimental antivirals come into wide use.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          Adri, the cold and the flu are very very different things. Colds are annoying. Flu can kill you. They're both viruses, so antibiotics are no help. Tylenol will just keep your fever down (if it's the flu) but won't make it go away. Get rest and fluids. That's about all you can do, until the new experimental antivirals come into wide use.
          I've got the flu...two days now. All I've been doing is taking med's and Tylenol to bring down the fever. I couldn't drive or find someone to take me to Kaiser...I just love the phone appointments. I described what's going on with my body,...and Doc says it's the flu! She wanted me to come in for a better in depth evaluation. However, I can't even stand up for a long period!

My kid brother is still here with his family. I caught the flu from his son. I'm not angry at the kid. What I'm pissed off is that I took the Flu Shot and I still got it bad! My head is starting to spin...talk story laters!
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
            Psychology is paying off because I just keep on telling myself not to get sick,
            that's called affirmations.
            To the cynics, it's brainwashing.
            But i see it as positive brainwashing at the very least.
            and it works.
            But you shouldn't take that slow approach.
            ...what you are using are two strong negative words:
            not.
            sick.
            and the subconcious picks up on these.
            Rather, Come from the end positive result:
            I am feeling great. i am clean and clear..
            i am healthy. I am filled with energy and vitality.
            ...etc.

and use your imagination:
            see yourself as the above images.
            imagine your body and soul pulsating with white light.
            Corny I know, but it doesn't cost anything to try it.
            Remember:
            It takes more energy to be negative than positive...

and of course, for hundreds of years, the wise are familiar with the concept; clean blood, healthy body.
            Get rid of cold and flu by the natural anti-biotic (anti-biosis = against life)
            garlic
            and also cayenne. african prefereably.
            put in double ot capsules and wash down with tons of water.
            two or three caps a day
            Last edited by kimo55; February 17, 2005, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Up for a little while...Kimo, any affirmations for me? I need it!

Comment

Speaking of flu & colds....

I am not sure what is the normal dosage of vitamins
                for each individual(s)....

& I am not sure if the weight & age has any factors in it, also,
                but I weight between 125 to 130 lbs. & I take
                Vitamin E @400 I.U. ,Centrum (A to Zinc with lycopene), &
                Vitamin C with echinacea (gummy kine made for kids & adults, I think).

So far....

That have helped me alot to preventng from getting any flu and/or cold(s).

All I have to do now is figured out a way from getting phlegm
                each time I have any food substance that have dairy.

Sheesh!.
                I sure hate it all the time when I have to constantly be
                clearing my throat due to dairy products that I have digested. UGH!.

Does any one have that problem, or is it just me???
                Just curious.

Aloha.
                Aches & Pains
                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Eh Aunty Lynn:
                  You still get one fever after 3 days? If your head feels like it's splitting after all this time, it sounds like you have a sinus infection. You better go talk to the people at Kaiser again. You might need antibiotics.

Just because you got the flu shot doesn't mean you can't come down with the flu; it just means the symptoms you have are more likely not to be as severe. It could also be that what you have is not something that the current flu vaccine is supposed to make you immune from.

You can get over-the counter medications that might make your life a little easier: there's a pill called Mucinex that breaks up all the phlegm in your chest and makes you cough it up (this will prevent pneumonia) and you can use Zicam on your stuffy nose. Drink lots of tea with honey and lemon. Take long, hot showers (will clear up your stuffy nose). Gargle with warm water into which you've put about 1 tablespoon Hawaiian salt (for scratchy throat).

Have you had a pneumonia shot yet? That's even more important than that flu shot. People don't die from the flu; they die from complications like pneumonia.

Malama pono,
                  Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                    All I have to do now is figured out a way from getting phlegm
                    each time I have any food substance that have dairy.

Sheesh!.
                    I sure hate it all the time when I have to constantly be
                    clearing my throat due to dairy products that I have digested. UGH!.

Does any one have that problem, or is it just me???
                    Just curious.

Aloha.
                    Hui Serenity:
                    It sounds like you might be lactose intolerant. One way you can test that is to stay away from eating any dairy products for a few days. If your problem with phlegm goes away, then unfortunately it means you have a lactose intolerance problem (usually the only people who don't have the lactose intolerance gene are the white Northern Europeans; the majority of Asians and African Americans have some degree of lactose intolerance).

There are enzymes that you can take to lessen the impact of eating dairy products, or you can switch over to drinking soy milk and eating products made with soy.

You can also go to a naturopathic doctor who can prescribe all kinds of natural enzymes to try to get desensitized.

Malama pono,
                    Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm SICK, SICK , SICK! Can't eat, can't do nothing. Tonight my family will be taking our kid brother and family to an Elegant Restaurant. The total stems from 30 - 40 family members only from the island of Oahu. Then tomorrow, it's POT LOCK! I can't go due to being sick. About an hour ago, I spit up blood and called my Doc's office. No appointments till 3:30 pm. I told the phone operator that I couldn't drive cause I felt dizzy. Much more being it's Peak Hours for Traffic.

I don't know what I post cause I go in and out of sleeping. Everything I eat, goes out! Oh, well, I ventilated!

Comment

Eh Aunty:
                        You must be coughing plenty, yeah? If cannot eat, at least drink LOTS of water and tea! You can go for quite a few days without food, but cannot do without liquids. If your electrolytes go out of whack, you could pass out or act even more crazy den usual.

If gotta, can you take one taxi to go see da doctor? Or no moa people in da building with car who can take you? If you spitting up blood, that's getting serious. You daughter no can take you to see da doctor?

Miulang

Comment

Miulang...

Thank you for replying back & thank you very much
                          for your suggestion(s).

1st wahine...

I am sorry that you are sick.

Hope you feel better, soon.

I hope someone can take you to yor doctor appointment later.

if not, then, City Taxi are always the cheapest fares.

Hope your doc. can prescribe you something. Hope you feel better soon.

Aloha.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

Perspiring, thick mucus...and the pain when it's coming out...blood! Shit, anymore of the same, I may get admitted. I told the doc, I'll call her, either way. There goes my plans for tomorrow. My daughter couldn't take me, today is her first day to report to active duty at Hickim AFB. As for my neighbors? hahahahahahahah They're so afraid of me cause I run our building like the military. All yards and rubbish properly cleaned and stored.
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; February 18, 2005, 12:01 PM. Reason: MYOB

Comment

1st Wahine..

Hope that you managed to get to your doctor alright,
                              & that he/she managed to give you something that would help you.

Hope you feel better soon.

Aloha.

Take care.
                              Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                              X