• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antibiotic Resistance

http://news.yahoo.com/antibiotic-res...?.tsrc=appleww

It's a risk to have minor surgery.

Re: Antibiotic Resistance

In addition to lower antibiotic resistance, or higher, consider this story:

I'm old, and my MD demanded I go in for a FULL COLONOSCOPY! I resisted, but finally gave in.

The MD said he was going to dose me with VERSED, so that I would be unconscious during the procedure, would feel nothing, and would REMEMBER nothing.

The VERSED was administered, and I felt NO difference. I was conscious during the entire procedure, I remembered everything, and felt everything.

Part of this is because I have practiced deep (THETA/DELTA) meditation for over 30 years. Another part was that I was already on many narcotic and relaxant drugs over the past 15 years. I don't know what was more effective, but I went through the procedure with no discomfort, pain or anything.

He was unable to explain it. Said I must have a higher resistance to narcotics than other people.

FWIW
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

It is important to remember that bacteria and virus are very different creatures.

Bacteria are able to reproduce on their own, whereas virus molecules cannot

multiply on their own.

They must take over a host organism.

There are far fewer anti viral medications on the market as compared to bacteria fighting chemicals.

A major cause of bacterial resistance to antibiotics is the widescale use

of these compounds in cattle and poultry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        […]
        The MD said he was going to dose me with VERSED, so that I would be unconscious during the procedure, would feel nothing, and would REMEMBER nothing.
        […]

He was unable to explain it. Said I must have a higher resistance to narcotics than other people.

FWIW
        Versed is a benzodiazapine (same category as valium, xanax, etc.); not a narcotic. During a colonoscopy a dose of a pain med accompanies the versed but I don't know if the pain med that's used is in the narcotic category. A friend of mine chose no medication for his colonoscopy and didn't regret it for a moment! Me? I opted for propofol and, like my friend, I didn't regret it for a moment either! Kaonohi...what's the difference between a colonoscopy and a "full colonoscopy"?
        Originally posted by lensperson View Post
        […]
        A major cause of bacterial resistance to antibiotics is the widescale use

of these compounds in cattle and poultry.
        Not just cattle and poultry...humans, too. I have friends who race to the doctor at the first sign of a cold or flu and insist on antibiotics. I fault doctors for over prescribing them. A healthy immune system works wonders! Antibiotics need to be saved for emergency conditions that warrant them. Oh wait...it just might be too late.

Comment

The benzodiazapine class of tranquillisers are very subtle in their intrusion.

After a while they are very harmful.

One time dental visit, fine

Withdrawing from this class of medication is very difficult.

The best solution is don't use them at all.

It was discovered some time ago that this class of substance

has been detected in the skins of potatoes.

Or was that Tomatoes?

Comment

Benzos are very useful and like antibiotics (or any drug for that matter) should be reserved for situations that truly warrant them. The very short acting versed for dental surgeries, colonoscopies and endoscopies are examples. Altho' I chose propofol for the last 2 (I didn't want the "required" addition of a pain med to the versed) I did receive versed for dental surgery (my request for no pain med was honored as was my refusal to take an antibiotic). Great drug!

Comment

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayi...-kill-annually

Is this news more scary than gun violence?

Comment

New antibiotic uses novel method to target deadly drug-resistant bacteria, study says | National | kitv.com

Have to keep staying one step ahead of resistant bacteria.

Comment

Working...
                X