Egg whites for burns anti-hoax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg whites for burns anti-hoax

There's a net rumor going around now about a guy getting burned from flames and having his face saved by a woman putting whites on his face and snopes etc. are denouncing it.

Now, depending on how badly burned he was it could be debateable about the usefulness, but in minor burns it works. My Mom used it on me from the '50s on and it did the trick in soothing pain, quickening healing, and keeping the skin nice. As long as I didn't mess with it...
    It's also now comes to light that putting sugar on cut wounds helps a lot, which good ol' Mom also did.
    Doctors back then laughed at it, now things are becoming more informed and many of those wive's tales are being proven.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Egg whites for burns anti-hoax

Still sounds to me like a yolk.
    Greg

Comment

I'd not put raw egg onto broken, cut or burned skin. Why? My thoughts are that salmonella can be in raw eggs. Science says that Salmonella infection can occur through an open cut, sore or wound into the bloodstream. I'd rather instead have first aid treatments that don't have the potential to cause a serious problem.

Such are my thoughts about it.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Good luck to the egg white users in avoiding salmonella. As they say: Break an egg!
        Greg

Comment

Memory re-kick;
          It wasn't egg whites my Mom put on, it was the odd membrane at the blunt end of the eggs's interior, she'd cut that out and apply it. Way ahead of the crowd. Take that, yolksters!
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
          X