Obsolete electronics becoming hazardous waste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obsolete electronics becoming hazardous waste

Try checking Goodwill on Waikamilo Road near Nimitz Highway. They have a lot of computer stuff that eventually gets the boot if no one buys it.

PII's are pushing the useful envelope however as their speed is so slow and parts support is so limited you will probably have a hard time just finding memory modules for them. PIII's on the other hand will handle software such as Windows XP PRO! There's still limited support for PIII's so it's still relatively easy to build brand new PIII computers or rebuild old ones. And they're cheap too. I keep an old PIII as my standby just in case.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Anyone knows where I can dispose of old computer cases with parts? I'm cleaning my room, and I have these two I believe AT-form factor desktop cases with an old riser card.

I was thinking of bringing it to the refuse center, but I thought I'd check here first. And no, I don't think they work.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Does Hawai`i require that computer parts be recycled/disposed of in a certain fashion? If so, you won't be able to take them just anywhere. I would think your employer should have the info, Adrian, considering their business.

Comment

Link (junk added to keep computer happy)

Comment

Working...
          X