X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied
    Re: Tropical Depression Kenneth

Wow, that's a good site. Bookmarked. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Right, Ryan. Formerly Hurricane Kenneth, then down to Tropical Storm Kenneth and now Tropical Depression Kenneth.
    And here it comes! It's 10:15am Friday, and based on the radar pictures Hilo is mere minutes away from getting slammed.
    There are several official sites that I monitor which have excellent radar images, but I just found an incredible one that will be my primary site: http://www.headrock.net/WEATHERCENTRAL.htm
    Check it out and let me know what you think.
    Battening down the hatches here...

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied
    Re: Hurricanes Jova and Kenneth

Well, there isn't a hurricane in the Pacific. Er, at least not anymore, not one that's an imminent threat to Hawaii. Just get plenny rain!

Leave a comment:

• GypsyLika
    replied

You know on the news/weather in Arizona dey no say nothing about hurricane in the pacific. No stay even mentioned.

~Lika

Leave a comment:

• Sindahrella808
    replied

All I know is..it's raining in my neck of the woods....plenty

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui
    And maybe not. The 11am update from NOAA shows that Kenneth has turned hard right again and is now projected to go well north of all the islands.
    Well, that was at 11am yesterday, but at 5am today Kenneth had once again veered south and the current predictions call for it to go straight over Maui and Oahu. Obviously, this could change. Again.
    It's been changed from a Tropical Storm to a Tropical Depression; winds at 25 to 35mph. The forecast for extremely heavy rain (beginning tomorrow afternoon and running through the weekend) is still in effect.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied
    Re: Tropical Storm Kenneth

Originally posted by Miulang
    Usually the big storms miss Maui, but maybe their luck has run out.
    And maybe not. The 11am update from NOAA shows that Kenneth has turned hard right again and is now projected to go well north of all the islands.

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

As of 5am today, Kenneth hooked right a wee bit and now is on a line above the Big Island and headed straight for Maui.
    Dang it! Now I gotta worry about my parents getting waterlogged! Usually the big storms miss Maui, but maybe their luck has run out. Actually, I think the only damage my parents might suffer is from a power outage because they live in Central Maui and they're not in the flood plain in Paukukalo or Waihee. Mercifully there aren't any tall coconut trees anywhere in the neighborhood, either.

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

And as you probably know, it's the shearing factor that's causing Kenneth to make that sharp left turn straight toward the Big Island.
    As of 5am today, Kenneth hooked right a wee bit and now is on a line above the Big Island and headed straight for Maui.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
    I wonder why they think it's going to make a sharp westward turn. Probably something about wind directions and whatnot. Even if it's just a tropical depression, that still means lots of rain.
    And as you probably know, it's the shearing factor that's causing Kenneth to make that sharp left turn straight toward the Big Island. Winds should only be about 30, but there's a 20mph error probability in there too, so maybe some frisky breezes with all that rain. Especially if Kenneth continues south of the rest of the islands, that should suck down stronger tradewinds.
    Friday thru Sunday should be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

Originally posted by helen
    Don't want to sound like an alarmist but has anyone checked out the Central Pacific Hurricane Center's website latey about Kenneth?

While the forecast is expected to be a Tropical Depression by Saturday, it looks like it might go over the Big Island.
    Oooh. That's pretty much dead center, isn't it? I wonder why they think it's going to make a sharp westward turn. Probably something about wind directions and whatnot. Even if it's just a tropical depression, that still means lots of rain.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Don't want to sound like an alarmist but has anyone checked out the Central Pacific Hurricane Center's website latey about Kenneth?

While the forecast is expected to be a Tropical Depression by Saturday, it looks like it might go over the Big Island.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by Miulang
    If nothing else, the high surf will prove to be a godsend for the surfers.
    Well, we have zero wind right now and only some gentle sloping swells from the remains of Jova. Nothing surfable, especially for the women in the Na Wahine O Ke Kai race from Moloka`i to Waikiki on Sunday. No wind to cool them off, high humidity, and no waves to help them along... it's gonna be ugly.

I hope Manoa Stream doesn't overflow its banks again, too, with all the heavy rain that's expected to hit the islands.
    Expected? It's here right now. See the radar link in the "Wet and Wetter" thread.

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

If nothing else, the high surf will prove to be a godsend for the surfers. I hope Manoa Stream doesn't overflow its banks again, too, with all the heavy rain that's expected to hit the islands.

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

MAMA said she no believe already. As long as she got her Korean Soap Operas and can goods. I told her not going get electricity. No worry, not going get one hurricane, not name in Hawaiian. You worry when they name one in Hawaiian! Then we hold Okole!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X