Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wet and wetter

Originally posted by LikaNui
    Just last week I was trying to find Carlin's "Hippie-Dippie Weatherman" routine on the internet and couldn't locate it. Anyone got an idea where to find the full text of it?

Somewhere in my archived collection of audio cassettes, I actually have his monologue of it. I recorded it over the airwaves of KTUH back in the mid 70's on the Doctor Demento show that was played late night during the week.

Anyone remember The Seekers?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      Somewhere in my archived collection of audio cassettes, I actually have his monologue of it.
      If and when you happen to find it, maybe you could save it as a .wav file and send it to me, and I'll transcribe it.
      Thanks for the response, Craig!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Where's everybody? It's wet and raining here at MWH...again.

How ya doin? What ya doin?

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          Where's everybody? It's wet and raining here at MWH...again.

How ya doin? What ya doin?

Auntie Lynn
          Just got home a while ago, Auntie, or I would have replied sooner! Went on a tangent in another thread a few minutes ago ... something about "when was your first drink" ... probably made an ass of myself, but I usually do with these late-night posts!

Hope you have a nice Sunday! I'm hoping to go out on a boat off Waikiki if it's not too rainy. Otherwise ... <sigh> housework and bills ... ugh ...

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            Just got home a while ago, Auntie, or I would have replied sooner! Went on a tangent in another thread a few minutes ago ... something about "when was your first drink" ... probably made an ass of myself, but I usually do with these late-night posts!

Hope you have a nice Sunday! I'm hoping to go out on a boat off Waikiki if it's not too rainy. Otherwise ... <sigh> housework and bills ... ugh ...
            Yeah, I saw that tell it like it is MATERPIECE of yours! Classic! You always make me SMILE.

Rest and Sleep...it's raining again according to the weatherman. Catch a movie or go to Ward. Just stay away from the ocean. No good. I'm giving you a Private reading. Take care.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Where's everybody? It's wet and raining here at MWH...again.[...]
              Yup! Kakaako, too. Yesterday it rained all day and rain always manages to mess up a casting session. People just don't want to drive or walk in it. But, somehow, all the prospective actors made it on time albeit a bit wet. So far this morning it's alternating between sun and rain...sometimes both. Gotta go look for the rainbow now!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                Yup! Kakaako, too. Yesterday it rained all day and rain always manages to mess up a casting session. People just don't want to drive or walk in it. But, somehow, all the prospective actors made it on time albeit a bit wet. So far this morning it's alternating between sun and rain...sometimes both. Gotta go look for the rainbow now!
                Stop looking for the rainbow tutusue! You're the rainbow!

Have a beautiful Sunday!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Stop looking for the rainbow tutusue! You're the rainbow!

Have a beautiful Sunday!

Auntie Lynn
                  Ooooh, (blush!)! Cool how colorful you made the word rainbow! Now that I'm about to head out to a screening of a short film I worked on a few years ago...it's about to rain again! Maybe I'll just cab it!

And, Kimo...the screening is for the 3rd ep of Tradewinds..."True Love and Mimosa Tea", starring Carey Tagawa and Tamlyn Tomita. It'll premier at HIFF next Thurs night in the Hawaii Panorama 4...then, eventually, will air on the tube!

Thanks for the cool rainbow, Auntie Lynn! What would life be like without rainbows?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                    If and when you happen to find it, maybe you could save it as a .wav file and send it to me, and I'll transcribe it.
                    Thanks for the response, Craig!

It's gonna take a while as that box of tapes is buried (literally) in the bedroom closet. When my wife and I tackle that room is when I can start dubbing to WAV or MP3

Comment

It's pouring in Hilo today....I'm sure Kamehameha Ave. on the bayfront will be flooded soon.
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

it's just past 10am in Kea'au and it's not too bad, just overcast. Last night however in Hilo was as if the world was coming to an end!

Which brings me to an interesting situation last night. I was grocery shopping at KTA (my wife made me go there) around 10pm and a clerk told me if I heard anything about an impending earthquake and tsunami that is supposed to hit the Hawaiian Islands soon. She said some Mormons were told to fly back home to their respective islands while at a function in Honolulu yesterday.

Apparently these Mormons were going door to door here in Hilo asking residents to prepare for an evacuation soon.

I haven't heard anything in the news nor has my wife. With last night's thunder and lightning, it kinda spooked me a bit. Anyone hear of anything regarding the Mormons and impending natural disasters locally?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          Anyone hear of anything regarding the Mormons and impending natural disasters locally?
                          Wow, what a great straight line!

must ... not ... yield ... to ... temptation ...

Comment

First time I've ever heard thunder here. Just a handful of rumbles, though. Makes me miss watching the big June thunderstorms back home on the Plains. We got a spot of snow up on the mountain this morning, too.

Comment

It's really raining here in Downtown Honolulu - MWH- Chinatown! I don't think Antonio and I will be going for our walk today. Boo hoo.

How ya doing?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Makaha got a couple of good downpours last night. Drizzles continue this morning but nothing heavy. Hopefully I can time my drive into town between any downpours! Love the rain. It makes the ridges and valleys so beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X