X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ear Candle!!!!

PZ-

Remember my column at Ke Kalahea.... "Have you heard of...?"
    This would have been a great candidate for it.

Comment

Here's an interesting article on earwax!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/200...rwaxitsgenetic

"The report in Monday's Nature Genetics journal solves a long-running anthropologist's riddle - why many people in China and Korea, as well as elsewhere in Asia, have dry earwax while the rest of humanity enjoys the sticky variety."

I wonder if they used an Ear Candle to remove the wax in this study?

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
        In Kaimuki, there's a store on the corner behind Coffee Talk. It's got all kinds of crystals and gargoyles and things in the window. I think the owner has two yappy dogs in there, I think there's all kinds of essentual oils, books and music for the new age set, a tarot or a fortune teller, and the woman who owns the place knows about the ear cone.

Other than there, I wouldn't know where to send ya.

i think its called Serendipity Corner.

Comment

I just received this weeks "MidWeek" edition of the paper. (www.midweek.com) Article not posted there though....

On page 8 theres an interesting article entitled, "Deep Secrets of Your Ear Wax" by W. Bruce Cameron.

Theres some interesting statements... here are a few regarding the ear candles:

1. Ear Candling ws inventby the Chinese, and of course it worked for them --- their earwax is Dry!

2. Ear Candling - "This is where a therapists lights a candle (I'm assuming the coneshaped ones of course), sticks it in your ear and sings "Happy Birthday". Supposedly the ear candle draws out impurities, such as wax, mites and brains BRAIN STEMS.

3. According the Jan. 30 story in the New York Times;: Apparently earwax type and armpit odor are closely associated.

Just some interesting phrases to share from the article!

Interesting enough, the author has his website listed on the bottom of the page as being www.wbrucecameron.com

It appears he might have some affiliation w/ the 8 Simple Rules to Dating My Daughter TV show.

Comment

Working...
          X